IGNORED

Mr. Robot - Amazon video

Nespresso

Mega bump!

I loved season 1 5yrs ago but could never get into season 2 so stopped 1 or 2 eps in.

Started again this week and binged all the way through. Holy shit what a ride. Loved it. So tense. Season 3 was amazing non stop suspense and tension!

My only downer is the amount of dead people. I miss the whole cast, so many great and likeable characters killed. What I found realistic and brutal is that none of them ever got to finish their arcs. Their deaths just seemed wasteful but that’s life.

Mrs Wellick has to be the hottest woman I’ve ever seen! 

im rewatching season 1 now

1 minute ago, probotector said:

It just seems so brutal in how it treats its characters. You know everyone apart from Elliot could die at any moment and the Dark Army genuinely feel like a dangerous and scarey foe 

Yes especially when Bobby Carnivales on screen. 

1 minute ago, cassidy said:

Can't disagree once you get past S2's mehness it's nothing but brilliance till the end. With some of the most well written, technically mind-blowing episodes of TV I've ever seen. Let alone the acting. 

Oh and best use of M83 ever. 

Totally.

The whole show just has the production values of a Hollywood film. It’s like a less shitty eagle eye and doesn’t treat viewers like idiots cos we’re part of the story!

Just now, probotector said:

Yeah, when he appears at the airport. I felt Dom’s fear. It helped that the actress sold the role for all its worth! I could feel her fear!

Dom was amazing 

Spoiler

In the last season when Janice finally got her fucking comeuppance. I cheered. 

14 hours ago, probotector said:

Yeah, when he appears at the airport. I felt Dom’s fear. It helped that the actress sold the role for all its worth! I could feel her fear!

That actress? Meryl Streep's daughter. (You probably knew that though).

9 hours ago, hub2 said:

That actress? Meryl Streep's daughter. (You probably knew that though).

Damn it makes sense now, she's great. She's in a couple of episodes of High Maintenance too where she gives a very similar understated performance.

• 7 months later...

Oh wow. I gave up on season 2 a while back but ran out of things to watch recently (thanks covid!) so decided to give it another try. Fuck me! Season 3 is fantastic! So much going on; so tense; so exciting; so full of character. Everything season 2 was missing!

Im so glad I decided to give it another try. 

Finished season 3. Wow! That finale was thrilling. I really appreciate that - as far as I can tell - there’s no voodoo mumbo jumbo involved in the tech at all - no enhance modes, no Hollywood UI, nothing like that. It’s all unix commands, RSA encryption and other real life stuff. 

Great, can’t wait to finish off the last season. 

• 11 months later...

After watching the first ep about 18 months ago then forgetting about it, I’ve started watching this again. I’m up to episode 8 now and I’m loving it!

You’re in for a treat. People moan about season 2, so if you end up falling into that group (I don’t, personally), stick with it. It’s absolutely worth the ride. So many memorable scenes that twist beyond all expectations.

Yea, that was me. Season two was really dull and it made me forget why I enjoyed it so much to begin with. 

I did finish the whole thing in the end. I think I munched through the third and fourth seasons in the space of a week and a half. 

On 12/05/2022 at 16:07, ZOK said:

After watching the first ep about 18 months ago then forgetting about it, I’ve started watching this again. I’m up to episode 8 now and I’m loving it!

Like others have said, keep going.

Season 2 put me off for a few years but I’m glad I finished it. Simply amazing 

• 4 weeks later...

I LOVED season 2 - no idea what people didn’t like about it, I thought it was brilliant! So tense, and I loved the introduction of the FBI into the mix.

Also, season 2 has had some of the best intro to title transitions so far…they are always a treat, but the Kraftwerk one especially (last ep) was just perfect.

On 13/05/2021 at 21:43, PeteJ said:

Ah crap. I just remembered I never finished season 4. I should probably do that! 

Oh crap. I just remembered I had previously recommended about never finishing season 4. Still need to do that!

• 4 weeks later...

I thought season 4 was also great, but I couldn’t help thinking the last episode was a bit of a letdown. I mean it made sense, but I was also thinking ‘well, so what?’

Didn’t really understand why real Elliot had to come back to the real world…the imaginary world he was in was loads better (for him).