Trackmania Turbo

deKay

Ok everyone I've started a time trail thread in online. Just for fun so I probably won't run a league or anything, just go week by week. Let me know if I have made a cock up anywhere (not done this sort of thing before).

We start with a track for all you drifters! Have fun!

1 hour ago, p1nseeker said:

A screenshot is probably best (i'll amend the post). I never thought about online times, I'm guessing setting a time online is ok. It doesn't gain you any advantage that I don't know about does it?

As long as it is set to normal then no 

Didn't realise it would be out this soon. Definitely picking this up on PS4. Used to love the online on PC, totally crazy tracks that most people didn't even finish, no bumper cars, just time trial mayhem. Looking forward to this turning up.

I'm the_vimster on PSN if anyone wants an easy feeling of accomplishment.

4 hours ago, p1nseeker said:

Don't like the look of Holyhogg's time already! :lol:

Haha check again lol, surely that time can't be beaten, I hope it does gives me a ghost to try and beat 

Like yours on track 85 was horrible spent like a hour and half on it before I could move on lol 

only just started playing this but liking the Trials vibe I am getting from it.

I notice in that screenshot you can see the time of a person on friends list. Do they appear automatically in single player as I can only see the silver or gold ghosts and times? Or is there an option I need to set before I race?

trials was v good at that showing friends list ghosts.

Enjoyed the PS4 demo from the store with the kids. This is good fun, order placed with Amazon.

Is there an option to turn off ghosts during attempts?

Enjoyed the PS4 demo from the store with the kids. This is good fun, order placed with Amazon.

Is there an option to turn off ghosts during attempts?

Having ghosts is useful to know if you are having a good run but for the first few attempts I just want to learn the track before I set a time.

Track 3 gold time yesterday.

OK, so I've hit the usual Trackmania difficulty wall on tracks over 80, so time to concentrate on the ones I like / can do.  I don't seem alone on that, at time of writing, less than 30 times had been set in the North West for track 81.

OK, so I've hit the usual Trackmania difficulty wall on tracks over 80, so time to concentrate on the ones I like / can do.  I don't seem alone on that, at time of writing, less than 30 times had been set in the North West for track 81.

Is anyone else having the (really annoying to me) sound issues that I'm having ie it being very quiet / muffled sound / music meaning I have to really crank up the volume on my amp? If I swap to any other game at what is an acceptable volume setting for this game it's unbearably (both for me and my neighbor's) loud.

I've had my disc swapped over and have plugged my PS4 straight into the TV using a different HDMI cable to eliminate it being an amp / cable issue but I still get muffled quiet sound at what would normally be a perfectly normal level of sound on any other game ?!?!?! 

Got my copy today, it's definitely scratching the Trackmania itch. Decent presentation, varied tracks. Sound is all over the place for some reason, some SFX are way too loud at times.

Whilst I was waiting for this to arrive I fired up Trackmania United Forever Nations Etc Etc over the weekend, and I have to say it's still ace. The news section even mentioned Turbo. Online still has loads of people on it too, spent a couple of hours having a blast on one server which actually had completable tracks on it! I even managed to get 9th place on one. Shame the rllmuk group got invaded by some idiots who promptly wiped all the times out so now you only see theirs. Wish I knew how to delete them.

As I type I'm hoping the same nutters who made the PC games great with their ridiculous tracks are beavering away on some for Turbo.