IGNORED

Stardew Valley

mogawoods

12 hours ago, Ravern said:

The fear of forgetting is ridiculous. I leave furniture in weird places or objects in my inventory as reminders, which is eerily like real life I suppose.

However, I do believe there's something to be said for the idea that when you start to maximin the game you are  giving into the Joja nightmare - doing it for Harvey is a good reason though. Well, maybe not the petty bourgeoisie Harvey, Weinstein-esque manipulator of Maru. If it's Linus then we can start talking.

Yeah. Minmaxing feels wrong in this, like big corp farming when it should be chill. I just do things on a whim. By some player standards my farm is a mess but it gets the job done and looks more organic in design as a result.

The only good thing about Harvey is he lets me ride shotgun on everyone's appointments. The guys an ethical nightmare but I'm having fun switching peoples paroxetine for laxatives. Doctor skill +10.

• 3 weeks later...

Help me out guys. I've had a little play around with this game (on Switch) but I feel too daunted to properly dive into it. Can I literally play it at my own pace, or if I haven't introduced myself to specific characters after a certain number of days, does that limit potential opportunities in the future? I realise that the sooner I plant things correctly, the sooner I'd reap the rewards, but does it really matter how long you take to achieve certain things, as long as you get there in the end?

1 hour ago, Vaguely Heroic said:

Help me out guys. I've had a little play around with this game (on Switch) but I feel too daunted to properly dive into it. Can I literally play it at my own pace, or if I haven't introduced myself to specific characters after a certain number of days, does that limit potential opportunities in the future? I realise that the sooner I plant things correctly, the sooner I'd reap the rewards, but does it really matter how long you take to achieve certain things, as long as you get there in the end?

It doesn't really matter. You might have to wait a year in-game for your next chance if you miss something, but that's all.

1 hour ago, Vaguely Heroic said:

Take it at your own pace. I'm a year in and haven't done any of the relationship stuff yet.

• 1 month later...

I played this a tonne on the pc before a couple of years ago before the game stopped working (“no compatible graphics card” or something apparently), then bought the Switch version last night and immediately put about six hours in. Welcome back :p 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/10/2018 at 14:20, Stejay said:

Coming to iOS later this month! I’ve got it for the Switch, but I’m still tempted to double dip.

Me too! It means I can leave my Vita at home when I go on holiday.

I wonder how fishing will work with a touch screen?

• 4 weeks later...

Been playing this on the Vita after ignoring it for years  On day 4. It's strangely addictive. I'm sat at work thinking what's going to happen today.  Met the wizard and some "quests" have turned up.  Explored a mine for the first time.  Already run into needing more slots to carry stuff.  I forget where I can get a bigger backpack. 

Now I'm thinking if I should get it on the switch so I can full screen it on the TV here and there or whether I should get it on my phone which is waaaaay more portable and instant.    I think it's got its hooks into me.

God this is going to be like the time I ignored any type of Dark souls game for years and then played the first Dark Souls.  Epic. 

• 1 month later...

https://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-1-3-multiplayer-update-is-coming-to-nintendo-switch-this-week/

Single Player Content:

While the new 1.3 single player content has now been available on PC for a little while now, I’ll keep things vague to avoid spoilers for anyone who hasn’t come across them yet.

For 3 days in Winter you’ll be able to visit a traveling festival called the Night Market, which will visit Pelican Town. Here farmers can come and go as they please to purchase unique items, enjoy live entertainment and more!

There are now new character events to encounter, including some secret events triggered by certain conditions… Some of these even grant you permanent bonuses.

In Winter, farmers may encounter a strange event which activates a new ‘secret’ type of collection, leading to a new adventure and greater knowledge…

Your horse can now wear hats and Signs are now craftable items, available to you from the beginning of the game.

Much more to be discovered!

Update notes on steam might be less vague if that's what you're after - https://steamcommunity.com/games/413150/announcements/detail/1694928687235498030

• 1 year later...

This is perfect lockdown gaming if your looking for something charming to get lost in.

I've just set up another farm and am hooked again. Must resist the urge to feed the whole town with mayonnaise and set up a wine factory that makes more money than Joja Corp. 

• 1 month later...
On 19/04/2020 at 13:56, Orion said:

This is perfect lockdown gaming if your looking for something charming to get lost in. 

Having picked this up a couple of weeks ago I wholeheartedly concur. It’s a wonderful, and deceptively deep, game, which is perfect to get lost in for more than a few hours of escapism.

Just started year 3, and brewing away like Budweiser, with a nice side line in artisan farm goods. I go mining, I go fishing, I use the time to de-stress. It’s utterly brilliant.

• 3 weeks later...

130-odd hours in and still loving this. Revamped my farm for the third time, putting winter to good use. Renovating as I go now, in between ageing wines, brewing hops and collecting diamonds from my crystalariums. 

Set myself the goal of earning 10,000,000g as my end point but think once I get my Vita back will be quite happy checking in for some chilled gaming even after passing that amount.

Would like to complete the museum collection (six pieces short) and should soon have shipped 15 of every item. Catching all the fish proving much harder, some of the legendary ones are ridiculous. Guess daily luck and buffs from food are the only way I’m going to get those. Don’t mind trying though.

Find the game such a soothing experience, and a welcome change after a backlog of shooters and open world romps.

Best £12 I’ve spent in lockdown :wub:

• 5 months later...

I've been playing this again recently - I'm 5 years in on my new game, and have almost completed everything. Then yesterday the game got an update, and it seems to have added a fair bit of new content (not sure how hefty it is because I've only seen the intro to what I'm guessing is the main bit so far, but it sounds promising). Also picked up a new seed, so it looks like there will be more items and recipes etc. I'm now torn, because I've a lot invested in this current game, but I also fancy starting it all over again...

In other news, I've played this for over 500 hours now, and I've only recently discovered that you don't have to click multiple times to repeat actions, you can just hold the action button down. Is this one of those moments where I've missed something that's common knowledge? It makes most tasks soooo much easier. You can harvest and then load a whole row of cheese or mayo makers just by holding the action button and walking past them with milk/eggs equipped. You can harvest crops by just standing there and sweeping the mouse over them. And it makes tending animals so much easier - you can just run around with the button held down tagging them as you go past - even if they're all on top of each other. I'm hoping that is something that was patched in at some point, because otherwise I've wasted about a million mouse clicks over the years.

• 1 month later...

Started playing this for the first time a few weeks ago (on pc) and I'm utterly hooked. I've mostly concentrated on completing the community centre bundles, which I've now done, and getting to the bottom of the mines. I'm now trying to get heart levels up with villagers and possibly a wife. Mayonnaise seems handy for this. Missus. 

I've run into a bit of a brick wall with getting iridium, though. I just die when I try to get anywhere in the desert mines. Any tips? 

Need to crack on with actual farming as well. 

For the desert mines I build a tonne of staircases, get down to lower levels where the drops are better. Hotkey some decent health restoring food and just be super careful. Also take some totems if you need to get out in a hurry, and make sure you only take the bare essentials in case you get knocked out. 

Yep staircases is the way to go for those mines, plus lots of bombs and meal type foods which restore a lot of Hp, and eat/drink before you go in to boost your stats further. For flying enemies there its best to stand still and let them come to you. A sword with a very fast swing speed helps a lot in rebuffing attacks.