Stardew Valley

mogawoods

That's crazy.

There's another good reason not to get a slime hutch (if being expensive and unnecessary weren't good enough on their own). In nearly 4 years of game time I've had two visits from the witch and both times she went to the slime hutch, and not one of my coops, meaning I'm still waiting to get a void egg. After the 2nd time I destroyed it, so next time she has no choice.

• 1 month later...

Stardew Valley will launch in North America for the PS4 on December 13th, 2016.

Stardew Valley will launch in Europe for the PS4 and globally for the Xbox One on December 14th, 2016.

Stardew Valley will not be coming to the Wii U, however. Looking at Wii U and the current gaming landscape, we made the difficult choice to shift our development efforts to creating a version for Nintendo Switch.  I am really looking forward to the Switch, and I believe that the Switch’s unique capabilities could create some exciting opportunities for Stardew Valley. I do want to emphasize that I am absolutely committed to seeing Stardew Valley on Nintendo platforms, and I really do appreciate your support and understanding in this.

This is now out on consoles! Bought it yesterday on Bone and it's just such a gloriously chilled out and relaxing game. The music is utterly amazing too. Absolutely loving it. :wub:

I'm counting down the hours until I'm done with work and can go home and play it some more! :D

1 hour ago, DarkCrisis said:

Waiting for Switch version perfect to dip in and out which will suit the handheld nature of the Switch.

This. Will also be nice to have a new game rather than a Wii U re-release with my new console.

A friend of mine wrote a companion app for Stardew Valley. It's a handy way of looking up villagers and seeing what gifts they like, keeping track of your bundle/museum/shipping progress, and looking up recipes for craftable items.

It's called "Stardew Valley Journal" and is available on both Android and iPhone.

53 minutes ago, friedgold said:

I'll certainly be double-dipping if it ever hits Vita but for now this is just lovely. Fishing is insanely hard though!

Fishing difficulty is mainly governed by the fish you catch - some of them are proper bastards. Upgrading your rod, crafting and equipping tackle, and eating the right food will all make it easier. IIRC you need to level up your fishing to unlock some of these things, so stick at it to keep making progress.

18 hours ago, revlob said:

A friend of mine wrote a companion app for Stardew Valley. It's a handy way of looking up villagers and seeing what gifts they like, keeping track of your bundle/museum/shipping progress, and looking up recipes for craftable items.

It's called "Stardew Valley Journal" and is available on both Android and iPhone.

Purchased, cheers.

17 hours ago, friedgold said:

I'll certainly be double-dipping if it ever hits Vita but for now this is just lovely. Fishing is insanely hard though!

Yeah, at first I really took a strong dislike to the fishing as I was expecting something nice and simple along the lines of Animal Crossing, but stick with it and it gets easier. Once you level up your fishing the green section gets slightly bigger each time too, making it even easier. :)

Holy crap.  This game is amazing, and I'm so pleased it's come out on consoles just before Christmas.

Fishing becomes super easy once you get the knack... Remember to use a combination of quick presses, and quick hold downs and you should be fine.  Also, when the fish is at the bottom of the meter, you don't need to press anything - this screwed with me for a while (I'd had a few).

Just reached my second season (Summer), I'm still finding new things to see and do, and so much stuff I'm not bothered with yet (animals, social etc).  Mining is loads more fun than I thought it may be, it's not too grindy, more like a Zelda dungeon.

Although I'm playing this a lot right now, I'm purposely not rushing and exploring all the features and areas slowly.

I had a quest last night to catch a specific fish and I made the mistake of googling where to find it. Think for now I'm just going to take it easy and figure stuff out myself, rather than just looking stuff up like that. Once I've played the game for a good while and discovered most of the things for myself, I'll probably grab that app mentioned upthread, seems like something that'd be useful when 'optimising' a play through. :) 

4 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

I had a quest last night to catch a specific fish and I made the mistake of googling where to find it. Think for now I'm just going to take it easy and figure stuff out myself, rather than just looking stuff up like that. Once I've played the game for a good while and discovered most of the things for myself, I'll probably grab that app mentioned upthread, seems like something that'd be useful when 'optimising' a play through. :) 

Yeah, I held off for as long as possible before looking up  where to find *something*, and was a bit gutted when I found out - I don't want to do what I did with Minecraft and basically look at the Wiki all the time.

The NPC's though - finding where the hell they are when it's their birthday or whatever, that's something I may look up since remembering their routines seems difficult!

Yeah, that's true. Currently for me finding someone consists of me running around from house to house until I find them. (I realise the map has their names on the buildings, but seeing as they have their own routines they move about during the day/night so it can be a pain to find them).

Also played a fair bit of this last night. Got into a weird loop of running around the town at night, feeling myself nodding off, deciding that I'd go to bed after my character did and the game saved, only to have a small surge of energy come the morning. I repeated this for about a week in game, before finally turning it off and going to bed.

It's very good!