IGNORED

Clash Royale

Gotters

latest card snapshot from reddit

I've been trying out the bowler/graveyard deck that Chief Pat been using in challenges, its pretty good and has lots of cards that double up nicely as great defence & offence

there are two

http://statsroyale.com

or the one I prefer which also somehow shows your losses and win %

https://starfi.re

this one also has an app (on iOS) called starfire

I know the game works by keeping everything super balanced but after a year of non stop play I'm only at a 52% win rate in ladder matches, which most people will be, mentally I was far better 

That was great last night it was like fight club or something with friendlies kicking off all over the place!

Still hate log it's a horrible card. It should break after hitting x number of troops not plough on to the tower regardless and it seems to pass into the tower and damage troops at the sides. It needs nerfed so badly.

58 minutes ago, Jonathan_Kerr said:

How can they track the stats or predict when the chests are coming up?

too kind mate !

my suspicion is there is a locked API that they've let these sites access, possibly for money, both sites been mentioned by the official Clash twitter account but they never answer questions on the forum/reddit about how the data is obtained.

Interesting although what a company that does billions of dollars would gain from letting these sites access the data is beyond me. 

Unless ss it's a way of tracking user stats and other types of engagement/analytics not built into the app (ie seeing which cards users don't want to use).

Balance Changes Coming! (4/19)

Note: These changes are not live yet! They're coming on 4/19.

The way we approach card balance in Clash Royale is a combination of playtesting, listening to the community and looking at the stats. You can expect regular balance changes to keep gameplay fine tuned and as fun as possible.

In this round of balance changes we're taking a look at the Royal Giant, Elite Barbarians and... need we say more? Read on!!

• Royal Giant: Deploy Time to 2sec (from 1sec)
    Tweaking his deploy time gives the defender a bit more time to react to Royal Giants played at the bridge or in the pocket (on your side of the Arena once a tower is down). Listen to the latest episode of Radio Royale for more insight on this change and some of the others below!

• Elite Barbarians: Hitpoints -4%, initial attack comes 0.1sec slower
    This change will make Elite Barbarians a bit easier to deal with. They'll still be a threat and can take down big dudes on defense before going on a counter push, but they won't be quite as punishing.

• Furnace: Hitpoints -5%
    Furnace offers really nice support to your offense, but its high hitpoints also make it a bit too strong on defense. A small tweak will help here.

• Goblin Hut: Hitpoints +5%
    Goblin Hut has lived in the shadow of the Furnace for long enough! This change, in conjunction with the one above, should make them both interesting and viable options depending on your deck.

• Electro Wizard: Hit Speed to 1.8sec (from 1.7sec)
    Electro Wizard offers a bit too much damage and control for a ranged support troop. A lower hit speed will tone him down in both areas.

• Executioner: Damage +6%
    Now that all of the Executioner's bugs have been ironed out, we can return him to his former glory! This will also make him a great option for countering the increasingly popular Lava Hound based decks.

• Balloon: Death Damage delay to 3sec (from 1sec)
    It's great to see the Balloon become a more viable offense card since the last change; however, we'd like to add a bit more Death Damage delay to allow for better counterplay.

• Skeleton Army: Skeleton count decreased to 14 (from 15)
    Another critical change to maintain the delicate balance of "Skeletal equilibrium" within the Arena. Probably.

• Lumberjack: Hitpoints +4%
    He's strong, fast and drops an interesting Rage effect, but in many situations he simply lacks the hitpoints to be really effective. A few more will help!

Agree with most of the changes. Electro Wiz is an OP mofo and Royal G can take ages to chop down.

Most interested to see how the death damage delay to my L5 balloon will work. I often catch flying units in the blast radius, but perhaps it will catch more units from far away. 

Quite glad I don't often follow the cheaper tactics/metagame as they usually get nerfed quite heavily. 

The balloon bomb damage is going to be quite significant I think, 3 seconds will be enough time for a lot of units to get out of the blast area which was almost the trade off you got if your balloon was taken down before reaching a building - that you'd at least take the enemy down too. I wonder if it'll change number of lavaloon decks we see, if you know that if the balloon can be isolated, those units can then stay alive to focus on the hound?

Yeah, the blast will be similar to the Skeleton Giant blast. Aerial units should be able to get away quickly but if you attack the balloon from the front, that unit will likely walk into the blast. So there are some interesting defensive properties there (ie, the blast could affect follow-up rush units)

latest Radio Royale podcast by the devs, good chat on card balancing - interesting conversation about balance not needing every card to be used the same amount (like crossbow which they describe as high skill, having a low use rate but high win %) and how some cards should be a skill test balance on defending well (EB's and RG)

and here is the full GDC talk given on the subject (not watched yet as just found)

Balancing this game must be a massive pain in the ass, things get nerf'd here almost as much as in Destiny!

Im struggling to climb up higher than 4060 trophies (current personal record). The Hound/Inferno and norm Dragon/Big Minion or Golem/Balloon/Wiz hands are ridiculous, at least for my hand. Guess I just have to shake up my own!

Having the Golems first pop and not kill my Skarmy would be helpful.

Watched the GDC talk last night and he spoke about the team size, whole game only has 16 people working on it and card balance is all down to the guy giving the talk - its an incredibly tight team.

Interesting listen to him talking about how the cards and levels scale, for example a level 1 legendary is roughly equivalent in terms of health and damage to a lvl 9 common, but the mechanics are meant to be more interesting and less vanilla with legendaries.