PS4 Pro

labarte

I'm getting some crashes on my Pro when playing Destiny 2 and someone in the D2 thread mentioned that a few people here had faulty Pros and issues with the Tomb Raider demo. I've not played the demo but I have completed the full game on my Pro so is it safe to assume it's just an issue with Destiny 2 and not my console itself? 

More dumb questions from me ... :D

I've tried to ethernet cable the machine instead of going WiFi. It won't find the connection although the router is flashing on the in port.

I'm on sky fibre, the new q/hub set-up

Mine connected to Ethernet no questions asked. 

I have to say I am really loving my new pro. It's a sexy piece of kit and it much smoother to use. I don't actually have a 4K TV yet so as long as I have a few games with nicer frame rates and the odd shiny I will be happy for now till I get a 4K. It's really quiet. I have vertical in the official stand which is neat looking too. 

8 hours ago, Yiggy said:

Mine connected to Ethernet no questions asked. 

I have to say I am really loving my new pro. It's a sexy piece of kit and it much smoother to use. I don't actually have a 4K TV yet so as long as I have a few games with nicer frame rates and the odd shiny I will be happy for now till I get a 4K. It's really quiet. I have vertical in the official stand which is neat looking too. 

I certainly noticed that the menu system and UI is less prone to lag than my OG PS4. 

What are the predictions on the PS4 Pro being upgraded any time soon to compete with the XboneX? For example, sneaking out an updated model with cooler and quieter internals, or an updated model with a 4K blu-ray player, or even just a price cut?

I've always meant to get a Pro sometime, but the need won't be that great until next year's games come out. I'll kick myself if I buy now (just because I'm in the mood) and they slip out an upgrade or price cut.

I've also read a lot of discussion that the Pro has a "luck of the draw" when it comes to quiet ones and Jet Engine ones... since my original PS4 was one of the jet engines, I'd hate to get another like that.

Nil. Sony's next move will be a PS5 with some Zen CPU action. Next year feels too early (because they have a leadership position and install base, and the graphics leap based on *this* years AMD PC tech wouldn't be high enough), so 2019 or 2020. Perhaps the later.

12 minutes ago, auntyclimax said:

I upgraded to a 4K screen a month ago and everything was running fine.

Playing Destiny2 I suffer from a lot of mid game black screens, that can last from 2 seconds to 10.

Is it the Pro, or D2?

I've been getting those. Almost like the TV suddenly turns off and then turns back on again?

1 hour ago, klargon said:

I sometimes get that, too, but I'm not sure if running via an amp adds to the cause.  I also think it got worse once I added PSVR to the chain. I wondered if it was down to HDMI cable quality.

It could be this.  I occasionally got the black screen issue when running through my amp however since upgrading to a 4k TV I have had to run my sound via optical and no longer have the issue.  Even with Destiny 2.

39 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

Is it the HDMI cable? The one that comes with the Pro definitely feels of a much higher quality than the one with the standard PS4. Then again I thought that HDMI cables were pretty much all the same?

No, the HDMI standard is evolving.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/09/09/premium-ps4-pro-hdmi-hdmi-2-0-cable-needed-for-4k-support/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI