IGNORED

PS4 Pro

labarte

9 hours ago, dood said:

Yeah, viewing those Titanfall shots at 100% size shows a stark improvement in overall image quality.  It does highlight how those kind of improvements are only really noticeable when you're pretty close to the screen, though. 

Not sure I follow you here. It's not about being close to the screen. Viewing the images resized is effectively further down sampling each image. 

If anyone is truly bothered they should download all the images and view them on their PS4 which will probably make the difference much more obvious. 

4 minutes ago, Jonnycash said:

Anyone else buying the pro just for 1080p upgrade.  If so what are too expecting from the frame rate aspect online on battlefield 1

We still dont know, as sony say they dont want online advantages. The same company that just announced pro pads and sells a keyboard and mouse adapter.

5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Isn't BF1 60fps online anyway?

Every now and again it is, its quite funny that Sony have said you can't gain an advantage from the pro so PS4 @ 30fps Pro @ 60fps is a no no and both have to be 30 but in a game like battle field the pro should in theory give a constant 60 where the ps4 can drop frames - huge advantage to the pro player esp if like in my dark PC days people work out how to kill frames and use that as an advantage :(

It is good that games on PS4 are following the Xbone and going for dynamic resolution to maintain frame rate but BF1 apparently has a much stronger frame rate hold on Xbone than PS4 and its still in the 40-50, I would suggest BF1 on a pro will give a big advantage online - hopefully it can be patched on the PS4 to keep the 60fps like TF2 seems to.

My Seagate 2TB HDD portable drive just arrived, (the guy opened the front door and placed it on the carpet, lol. I have a box labelled 'Parcels' outside by the door.

Anyway, do I have to format it to a certain file structure or delete any software on it before dismantling for the PS4 Pro, or will the Playstation do that on detection?

I would classify the 1080p upgrade to pro graphics as annoyingly good. By that I mean it's obviously a fair bit better but not really £350 better. Looking at those Titanfall shots I bet if you played for a few hours on Pro and then went back to the launch console it would be quite jarring and you'd miss the Pro.

I appreciate technology moves forward, but investing in a tv usually meant a good few years worth of  industry standard specs. I bought a top of the range 4K  Samsung a year ago and it's nice to see things in 4K but this whole HDR thing is annoying all companies seem to be pushing their own thing. Really annoying they can't update HDR via a software update.

Do Sony enhance their tv's for ps4 play? Haven't bought Sony in a long time and they seem to come out 4th or 5th in the best tv category these days.

41 minutes ago, Pug said:

My Seagate 2TB HDD portable drive just arrived, (the guy opened the front door and placed it on the carpet, lol. I have a box labelled 'Parcels' outside by the door.

Anyway, do I have to format it to a certain file structure or delete any software on it before dismantling for the PS4 Pro, or will the Playstation do that on detection?

Just chuck it in and let the PS do the rest.

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

Not sure I follow you here. It's not about being close to the screen. Viewing the images resized is effectively further down sampling each image. 

If anyone is truly bothered they should download all the images and view them on their PS4 which will probably make the difference much more obvious. 

I did that earlier. Looks like a nice improvement from 3 feet away. Not really visible from 10 feet where I sit. I'd like to see a like-for-like pair of images though, especially one where the PS4 standard version hasn't been lifted from DF's youtube page.

16 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

I think I'm going transfer about 1tb of stuff over to the pro and just see how the stock hard disk performs. Maybe I'll wait to see what digital foundry says.

How though, ethernet transfer? It's annoying because all these offers of trade in mean you need to put your console in straight away.

22 minutes ago, angel said:

You have to do a couple of bits as well, guide here:

http://www.techradar.com/how-to/gaming/how-to-upgrade-your-ps4-hard-drive-1285428

Cool, removed the HDD from it's case and downloaded the OS to a USB flash drive.

So when the Pro arrives I need to deactivate the old PS4 as Primary then just swap the HDD's on the Pro, install the OS from the stick once in safe mode, then connect the Pro to old PS4 via ethernet and transfer everything over.

:)

36 minutes ago, Phil said:

I did that earlier. Looks like a nice improvement from 3 feet away. Not really visible from 10 feet where I sit. I'd like to see a like-for-like pair of images though, especially one where the PS4 standard version hasn't been lifted from DF's youtube page.

I just had a look myself. Loaded up the screenshots on Xbox One and there's a difference but it's not night and day.

I'm quite conflicted. On the one hand my PS4 is a launch console and sounds like a typhoon when playing games. Getting some money out of it now seems to make sense before it toasts itself. On the other hand, it works just fine and I can put the money towards either a Scorpio which I'm sure to want or an NX which I may well also want.

I think noise is one of the most untallked about yet really important aspects of a console. It's why I can't play on my PS4 anymore after owning an Xbox One since May. It's just too damn loud. Now that's night and day.

All the focus is on power and resolution but at what expense? That's a top priority for me when choosing a console from  now on. Hopefully the Pro has a much better cooling solution.

6 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I just had a look myself. Loaded up the screenshots on Xbox One and there's a difference but it's not night and day.

I'm quite conflicted. On the one hand my PS4 is a launch console and sounds like a typhoon when playing games. Getting some money out of it now seems to make sense before it toasts itself. On the other hand, it works just fine and I can put the money towards either a Scorpio which I'm sure to want or an NX which I may well also want.

You can always open up your PS4, give it a good clean, then do the inexpensive thermal paste mod. Taking it apart is a mild pain in the arse but it's an easy job providing you follow instructions. 

1 minute ago, Garibaldi said:

You can always open up your PS4, give it a good clean, then do the inexpensive thermal paste mod. Taking it apart is a mild pain in the arse but it's an easy job providing you follow instructions. 

I've done it and it made very little difference. Changed the past for MX-5 twice now, as I was worried I didn't do it right the first time.

2 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I've done it and it made very little difference. Changed the past for MX-5 twice now, as I was worried I didn't do it right the first time.

Ah damn, sorry to hear that. :(

Mine isn't exactly quiet but fortunately only seemed to reach hurricane speed when playing Witcher 3. 

Sod it, not going to upgrade. The difference appears minimal on the TV and it's too early to say if it's worth spending £200+ on top of what I get for my current model. Plus there's always the added hassle of whoever I sell it to calling back and saying "I know you said it could be 'quite loud' but you didn't mention it smashing all the glass and windows in my home."

Scorpio could be less than a year away, too.

I have now taken to playing VR on a swivel chair.

it makes turning around a lot more comfortable and is handy for height adjustment if you in a situation where you controller goes out of bounds.

Beware though you might take the headset off and be in a different spot to where you thought you were. Reminded me of the time I woke up in the spare bedroom after a couple of pints.

i also unlocked all of the toys in Playroom :)

If you look at the tv one of the bots is watching it has some prototype footage by the looks do things. Either that or a sign of things to come.

oops wrong thread

I use headphones on all games. My C chassis is reasonable but still not perfect.

Decision is made. IF I can figure out how to get my hdd into the pro and keep all my stuff without a massive download, AND game do this 5 crap games + old console = half price offer, THEN, I'll get a pro.  If they have any left, will go in and find out tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, angel said:

I use headphones on all games. My C chassis is reasonable but still not perfect.

Decision is made. IF I can figure out how to get my hdd into the pro and keep all my stuff without a massive download, AND game do this 5 crap games + old console = half price offer, THEN, I'll get a pro.  If they have any left, will go in and find out tomorrow.

We need a forum 2gb usb hdd bike ala the 360 elite transfer cable!