IGNORED

Games with Gold April 2016

Gavin

Did a quick search and couldn't find a thread about this so...

http://majornelson.com/2016/03/24/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-april-2016/?linkId=22649091

Xbox One - The Wolf Among Us & Sunset Overdrive

Xbox 360 - Dead Space & Saints' Row 4

Decent selection I reckon, loved Sunset Overdrive (and Dead Space back in the day). Will probably leisurely go through Wolf Among Us over time but most chuffed about SR4, loved 2 & 3 mostly for the humour and inventiveness of the mission, better than GTA in lots of ways I thought.

So, what you folks make of the list?

Sunset Overdrive was suddenly dropping in price a few weeks ago to around £8 everywhere - and for some reason that tipped me off thinking it was coming in this months GWG! Glad I held off - great month. 

TWAU was really enjoyable too - glad people will  get to experience that

Mmmm I see SR4 Re-elected (includes all the, apparently excellent, DLC) can be got for £12 used for Xbox One, I think I might opt for that instead as my first play of this, if only for slightly better graphics/fps and of course the DLC which I'd probably end up paying for on 360 anyway...

Edited by Gavin
duplicate text

2 hours ago, Uzi Temp said:

Sunset Overdrive was suddenly dropping in price a few weeks ago to around £8 everywhere - and for some reason that tipped me off thinking it was coming in this months GWG! Glad I held off - great month. 

Same with Knack. I think that's even back in the charts at the moment. Oh, it is ON!

Sunset is a great freebie. I thought it got quite repetitive but it's good fun at first.

Not particularly interested in anything Telltale produce.

Sunset is a great freebie. I thought it got quite repetitive but it's good fun at first.

Not particularly interested in anything Telltale produce.

2 hours ago, bradigorTEMP said:

Everyone is waiting for the Crash x Knack crossover. It'll be called Crack.

Also, Knack is great you miserable bastards!

I bought Knack last weekend. It was like £6 in CEX. haven't played it yet, it better be good Brad.

2 hours ago, bradigorTEMP said:

I bought Knack last weekend. It was like £6 in CEX. haven't played it yet, it better be good Brad.

18 hours ago, Gavin said:

Did a quick search and couldn't find a thread about this so...

http://majornelson.com/2016/03/24/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-april-2016/?linkId=22649091

Xbox One - The Wolf Among Us & Sunset Overdrive

Xbox 360 - Dead Space & Saints' Row 4

Decent selection I reckon, loved Sunset Overdrive (and Dead Space back in the day). Will probably leisurely go through Wolf Among Us over time but most chuffed about SR4, loved 2 & 3 mostly for the humour and inventiveness of the mission, better than GTA in lots of ways I thought.

So, what you folks make of the list?

Great list. Both consoles with some good stuff there.

Made even sweeter by the fact you can now download 360 games straight from the One.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, those night defense parts were pretty annoying at the start when you're just getting properly used to the weapons/traps/traversal etc. but I'd definitely persevere through the story until you at least get the air dash move and I bet it will just click...

Also build a sexy girl (or whatever your sexual preference) as you'll be staring at their ass a LOT... And, for the love of God turn off the in-game music <_<

Sunset Overdrive never really clicked with me :( I went in hoping for Crackdown mixed with Jet Set Radio, but the American dude humour was way too grating and the gameplay got too repetitive. Miles better than competitor Infamous Second Son over on the PS4 though, that was barely a game.

17 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Also build a sexy girl (or whatever your sexual preference) as you'll be staring at their ass a LOT...

already done and stripped down to her underwear, ironically though, yeah?

On 17/04/2016 at 8:08 PM, SeanR said:

already done and stripped down to her underwear, ironically though, yeah?

so last night, the GF walked in on me playing this.

"is that supposed to be me?"

"yeah..."

"I'm not that tall"

"I got the skin tone right"

"yeah, but why am I naked? Put some clothes on me"

"nah, you're alright"

"at least give her shoes"

/me applies sandals

overdrive.JPG