IGNORED

Star Wars: Rogue One

Glasgowchivas

10 hours ago, Matt Defis said:

When that back corner started singing La Marseillaise I started welling up.

What hotel you in? I'm in the excel fox having a beer right now, fuck it's pricey.

I'm in the centre of London, just behind the Eye. Had a super early night yesterday. Was up at 3am for the wristbands after just a couple of hours sleep. 17 hours on my feet after that and I was ready to drop. I intend to have a much steadier day today watching the X-Wing finals in S11. 

I went over at 6 this morning and got my wristbands for Rebels and EA panels by 20 past 6, just had breakfast so I'm going to chill now for a bit and head back over around 9 ish.

I'll pop into s11 and have a look around at some point then, I'll be the only guy in a black kilt so you won't miss me. 

8 hours ago, macosx said:

Went down for a few hours yesterday, only 20 mins in the car - result! Had to queue an hour to get in the shop to buy some merch. The costumes of Rogue One were cool, came home and watched the panels on the stream. Took a few shots whilst I was there. 

Nice work. Can I ask, what did you shoot this with?

9 hours ago, macosx said:

Went down for a few hours yesterday, only 20 mins in the car - result! Had to queue an hour to get in the shop to buy some merch. The costumes of Rogue One were cool, came home and watched the panels on the stream. Took a few shots whilst I was there. 

That's brilliant, do you do this professionally in some way?

So I filmed a lot of cosplayers yesterday saying happy birthday to my son, he's 9 today, never edited anything before so knocking everything together last night while extremely drunk  (Bioware after party was an open bar) was a challenge. 

What the fuck is up with Hammill, a friend who saw his panel said they thought he was drunk. He turned up randomly on the shop floor live stage with his dog last night and started rambling, they were telling him to get off the stage, he was going on about how's he's contractually obliged to not talk about Star Wars.

He was being quite odd at the closing ceremony, he even said he promised he'd behave and Kennedy didn't take her eyes off him the whole time he was on stage and her perfect smile was actually cracking.

On 15 July 2016 at 16:31, Mr Do 71 said:

Today at Star Wars Celebration Europe, Lucasfilm released a new behind-the-scenes video for this year's Star Wars spinoff film, Rogue One.

Excellent! This looks so much better than TFA. 

On 17/07/2016 at 16:08, Matt Defis said:

What the fuck is up with Hammill, a friend who saw his panel said they thought he was drunk. He turned up randomly on the shop floor live stage with his dog last night and started rambling, they were telling him to get off the stage, he was going on about how's he's contractually obliged to not talk about Star Wars.

He was being quite odd at the closing ceremony, he even said he promised he'd behave and Kennedy didn't take her eyes off him the whole time he was on stage and her perfect smile was actually cracking.

He seemed like not so much drunk as a combination of partially off his rocker and heavily sedated. So was Carrie Fisher, come to think of it. I get why Disney would want to wheel them out but I can't really understand why they didn't have Ridley, Boyega (he only spoke for a couple of minutes at the closing panel and he had far more charisma and star quality then the old timers) or Isaac.

So, um, where is the new trailer? ABC was supposed to premiere it last week in the US, but aired the behind-the-scenes sizzle reel instead. About 652 trailers have been revealed during Comic Con, so suprised this hasn't dropped.

Tangent, but a thought just popped into my noggin': how long before studios start charging for early access to trailers? Say, 79c / 79p to 'see it first and exclusively'. Only a select number of films that could do it, but pretty sure, even though the very idea is hideous, there would be people paying, given in the past peeps went to watch films that were preceded by a certain trailer, and then left once the promo had finished.