rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
deKay

May PS+

Games are up here:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/monthly-games/cid=STORE-MSF75508-PLUSINSTANTGAME

EDIT: Watch_Dogs was a lie

It would seem that Watch_Dogs (PS4) and Tetris Ultimate are two of the games:

On 27/04/2016 at 4:36 PM, Bojangle said:

Official list is out.

God of War: Ghost of Sparta, PS Vita

LocoRoco Cocoreccho!, PS3

Switch Galaxy Ultra, PS4, PS Vita

Table Top Racing: World Tour, PS4

Tropico 5, PS4

• Upvote 4

Jesus. Give me any indie game than the pile of crap that was Watch Dogs.

Edit: And IIRC, isn't this version of Tetris meant to be terrible?

I didn't mind Watch dogs, but it was one of my first PS4 games, so I was blinded by the newness of it all.

Perhaps. The 'invader' mechanic was really good though. I hope they build on that for the sequel. 

Watch Dogs is still one of my fave games of this generation. I went back to it again just before The Division and those convoy missions are still incredible. It plays so well and you get some seriously emergent gunfights and car chases going on.

Unfortunately my save was corrupted so I had to wade through some turgid story stuff to get back into the game proper. That said, the story missions are still very good in general.

Funny you should say that. Whilst playing The Division, I kept on getting reminded of Watch Dogs. The games seem to share a bit of DNA.

Yeah Watchdogs got a hard time because it looked nowt like that incredible footage that turned out to be a big fib. I still had fun with it.

Am I remembering it right that you couldn't choose to invade your friend's games?

10 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

Yeah Watchdogs got a hard time because it looked nowt like that incredible footage that turned out to be a big fib. I still had fun with it.

Am I remembering it right that you couldn't choose to invade your friend's games?

I don't think you could.

The confrontational 'hack' type of invasion got all the press but I much preferred the 'observe' variant. All it entailed was invading another player's game and getting close enough to them for long enough to get the points. That was it. But there was something so weird about successfully doing this and the other player having no idea someone else was just in their game. And doubly weird looking in the stats and seeing that you'd been invaded a bunch of times but had been similarly oblivious.

I got paranoid pretty quickly and keep going into bullet-time to check if someone else was in my game (it doesn't slow time down if you're being invaded). I also used to look out for erratic driving and be listening to distant crashing or shouting - usually an indication of someone invading the game and failing to be stealthy about it.

I really hope the sequel builds on those modes.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, the invading, the convoys and some of the base infiltrations were fun. But it did suffer (as they all do) from over Ubi-templating, and that syndrome of a small amount of actual gameplay content spread very thinly over a huge map.

Here's a thought: given Sony's track record, what's to stop both of these being next months PS3 games? They're both available for it.

If it's the PS4 release then I'll be happy, never tried it and kept away from the hype so suspect I will enjoy it more than some.

Also do Sony read these forums? As if so they must have read my moan a couple of months ago, as since then I've had Zombii and this come out on ps plus. I can't fault that ^_^ Think they should release dark souls 3 next.... Saves me going out to buy it aha :)

2 minutes ago, Luseth said:

If it's the PS4 release then I'll be happy,

It does say PS4 right there in the screenshot.

• Upvote 1

I'm looking forward to the entitled dimwit rants on the PS Blog about how this isn't the AAA-title they want, even though they now finally get one.

Also, yes, you should avoid this version of Tetris like the plague.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, deKay said:

It does say PS4 right there in the screenshot.

My bad only quickly looked over it ^_^

• Upvote 1

Tetris never got fixed and they want to give it to yet more people?

Kust give up the fucking licence to SEGA so we can get a localisation or at least a digital release of Puyo Puyo Tetris 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, bradigorTEMP said:

Tetris never got fixed and they want to give it to yet more people?

Kust give up the fucking licence to SEGA so we can get a localisation or at least a digital release of Puyo Puyo Tetris 

Like SEGA would do anything with it, SEGA of Europe are fucking useless unless its involving Football Manager and Total War.

Watchdogs is a giant stinking pile of dog shit. By far one of the worst games I have actually played this generation. Shit acting, shit main character,  shit environment design, shit mission design, shit costume designs on the main character, shit driving,  shit plot, shit graphics and average shooting. It was a very bad launch title that missed launch. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

Aiden is a huge bell... I'll admit that

Thanks... I have started to calm down.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Oz said:

shit environment design

From a gaming perspective, or the recreation of Chicago? The litmus test for the latter, for me, is asking if my wife recognizes where I am. She usually knew exactly where I was in the downtown area.

I have been to Chicago and loved it. Its the engine that made everything look generic and bland me thinks. Something to do with the lighting maybe? A lot of the beauty of that city is in looking up at the interesting architecture. All that lost in the game I thought. The field of view effect they used also made buildings look weird when looking up at them. Look at London or Paris in AC a few years later on their new engine and how beautiful that is. Watchdogs is shit. I also lied to myself for a while about that because I wanted to like it. But no two ways about it. However good a tool it might be to test the spacial awareness of our significant others. 

2 minutes ago, Oz said:

But no two ways about it.

Yes there is!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TehStu said:

From a gaming perspective, or the recreation of Chicago? The litmus test for the latter, for me, is asking if my wife recognizes where I am. She usually knew exactly where I was in the downtown area.

I mean artistic mainly.