IGNORED

Xbox One X

Bojangle

18 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

You wont get much faster over Ethernet as you're hitting the speed limit of the HDD.

I was just wondering that. When I left it had dropped to 19-20mbs a second. Wonder if the restart is making it jump a bit to carry on writing files to the same part of the disk.

8 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Hate to be that guy but are these videos really even impressive? It’s only like when ffx got a ps3 hd remake. 

Zomg!! Old game looks sharp now  5 years ago 

I think you may be misunderstanding why it's so impressive.

The difference being is one of those is your original game running on newer hardware. With no additional software cost.

FFX is a port, made with access to the source code and has new textures etc, which you had to buy, even if you already owned the PS2 disc

8 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Hate to be that guy but are these videos really even impressive? It’s only like when ffx got a ps3 hd remake. 

The AC footage is a lot sharper on the X. And of course all these updates are free, unlike that FFX remaster.

5 minutes ago, carlospie said:

That's a full on remake..  This is an amazing feat of BC enhancement that you get for free. You're outdoing the Simpsons comic book guy now.

8 hours ago, SnoopZakaDaVe said:

Amit on Amazon chat tried to assure me but I'm not so sure.

Reveal hidden contents

Amit: Thank you so much fopr waiting David.

I've checked your order, and have found that your item has been delayed in the dispatch process. I’ve now escalated this to the fulfilment centre that is dispatching your goods to help solve the problem.

To help make up for the inconvenience of this delay, I've extended your Amazon Prime membership by 30 days and your Prime will work till Sunday, 28 October 2018 without any charge.

Please do not worry, I have contacted our fulfillment team to dispatch this order as soon as possible and we still expect this item to be deliver to you today. Your order will dispatch very shortly and it will deliver to you today. Please do not worry.

If there is a faster shipping method available we will also automatically upgrade the parcel to help get it to you that bit sooner.

Me:So it's been delayed but I will definitely receive it today? I've taken the day off work to take this delivery

Amit:Yes, Please do not worry as I have contacted our fulfillment team to dispatc this order as soon as possible and your order will dispatch very shortly and I have also added a note on this to deliver this item today as soons as possible without any delay.

Please do not worry, you will receive this item today.

We will see about that Amit.

Well it turns out Amit flat out lied to me through his back bloody teeth. Along with 3 other Amazon agents who told me id definitely receive it today.

Screw you Amit for giving me a tiny glimmer of hope 

I was a bit worried as mine and I imagine tons more from MS were flying in from LA. But it's safely in Canada now and is apparently out for delivery  in the hands of UPS.

Will be with the building concierge when I get in this evening. All my updates are done so should be a easy process swapping the machines out and playing. :D

25 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Hey, it’s a Sony fanboy.

Why not pay for those games you already own again?

7 minutes ago, SnoopZakaDaVe said:

Well it turns out Amit flat out lied to me through his back bloody teeth. Along with 3 other Amazon agents who told me id definitely receive it today.

Don't give up hope. The doorbell might ring out at 9pm and there's Frank cradling your box like a precious baby.

Or shit all could happen by tomorrow and I cancel and use my Argos reservation. Either way I'm good

12 minutes ago, SnoopZakaDaVe said:

That's bullshit. I'd get back on to them. If it's going to be delivered today then should be out for delivery now. Ask where it is.

4 minutes ago, Stanley said:

That's bullshit. I'd get back on to them. If it's going to be delivered today then should be out for delivery now. Ask where it is.

They're just reading from a handful of scripts. As far as I can tell (And I've talked to a lot of them today) they literally have no idea what's going on with these orders.

5 minutes ago, Flub said:

They're just reading from a handful of scripts. As far as I can tell (And I've talked to a lot of them today) they literally have no idea what's going on with these orders.

Sounds bad. Not fair assuring people their console is out for delivery when they don't actually know.

The woman I spoke to was friendly and apologetic and told me they were trying their hardest and wanted things to be good for the day. It didn't feel like reading from a script and I wasn't angry just told her I hoped she wasn't getting too many angry xbox people. I don't know maybe Microsoft really did screw them over or a batch got lost in transit somewhere to one of the amazon dispatch depots, maybe caused by re routing things due that fire.

I'm just going to have to play Mario this evening and download more patches on my old Xbox.

Just now, NoVisAnima said:

The woman I spoke to was friendly and apologetic and told me they were trying their hardest and wanted things to be good for the day. It didn't feel like reading from a script and I wasn't angry just told her I hoped she wasn't getting too many angry xbox people. I don't know maybe Microsoft really did screw them over or a batch got lost in transit somewhere to one of the amazon dispatch depots, maybe caused by re routing things due that fire.

I'm just going to have to play Mario this evening and download more patches on my old Xbox.

All I want is someone from Amazon to tell me what really happened and what they're doing to resolve it. Just telling me over and over "Everything is ok. It's coming" doesn't really help.

Given what other people are currently experiencing though I'm actually expecting mine to ship tonight for delivery tomorrow. Which would be fine.