rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangle

Xbox One X

is there no way to have audio output to headphones only? I seriously have to mute my tv every time? Also, I can’t use my wireless headphones wirelessly? Double ewe tee eff, man?!?

4 hours ago, Orko said:

is there no way to have audio output to headphones only? I seriously have to mute my tv every time? Also, I can’t use my wireless headphones wirelessly? Double ewe tee eff, man?!?

Quickest way to do it is to mute your TV, yeah. I think you can mess around in audio settings as well but it takes ages and you have to do it and redo it each time. 

Think you need Xbox wireless ‘phones to use them wirelessly. 

I just use my Sony Gold pair with a wire. 

On 28/05/2018 at 19:39, Boozy The Clown said:

Thanks.  I've bought it.  The only snag is I'm not sure whether shops will take my old one as trade-in here in Japan, as it sells so poorly. Hopefully one will.

On 31/05/2018 at 06:29, Hitcher said:

There will be a code inside the box.

Apologies a bit late, but not only that but if you switch on automatic renewals, you will also get another month for free. I did this back in February to turn my free GamePass into 2 months. What I don't know is whether you can stack the one month for £1 offer on atm for a further month. Just need to remember to cancel the auto renewals of course.

My launch headset has packed in, and I’m loath to pay £20 for another flimsy bit of plastic. Any recommendations? Doesn’t have to be cheaper, just roughly the same price and decent. Seems like there’s quite a lot out there for £30 or so these days.

5 minutes ago, CarloOos said:

My launch headset has packed in, and I’m loath to pay £20 for another flimsy bit of plastic. 

4 and a half years use for a £20 headset? Bargain. I'd say go another if you got that long out of it.

• Upvote 2

I wish mine had lasted that long. 

I use the official stereo headset. For £30 (last time I looked), I think it's pretty great WITH THE EXCEPTION of having to choose either mic monitoring OR on using a volume control block that connects to the pad.  

It's enough to make me consider buying another headset, that's how irritating it is. 

Everything else: pretty good. 

• Upvote 1

I got a pair of Z11s for about 15 pounds

Great sound but theyre cabled and with a plastic on off switch for the mic

• Upvote 1

I have a turtle beach xo one headset. I’m really happy with the sound quality and they are more than loud enough. I’ve had them almost 18 months and they get a lot of use and there is no signs of wear and tear on them at all.

edit: if your playing Siege a decent pair of headphones is a wise investment. Bumps the k/d rating!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mgear said:

Apologies a bit late, but not only that but if you switch on automatic renewals, you will also get another month for free. I did this back in February to turn my free GamePass into 2 months. What I don't know is whether you can stack the one month for £1 offer on atm for a further month. Just need to remember to cancel the auto renewals of course.

Current £1 offer is only valid if you've never used one before.

Ah Ok. So the best you can do is two months free, when you get your XBX (or XBO). 

While it misses those points it is valid to say this is likely make or break for Xbox. The wider public still perceive it (quite rightly) as not having so much good first party exclusives and at this stage they need more than a forza/gears of war/ halo to save them. Sea of Thieves has generally underwhelmed and now more than ever they need the wow factor. 

To those who commented on my Xbox 1 X noise: turns out it must absolutely have been faulty. My new one is basically a whisper when idle, no mechanical noise at all.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Benny said:

To those who commented on my Xbox 1 X noise: turns out it must absolutely have been faulty. My new one is basically a whisper when idle, no mechanical noise at all.

Good to hear that it has been resolved and that you now have a proper one! Now you understand why everyone's so impressed by how quiet it is for how beastly it is. 

Yeah I was distinctly unimpressed before, I think that one might have had a problem with its power supply, it sounded a lot like loud coil whine.

Actually, I take back what I said: 4K discs still sound stupidity loud for something that touts itself as a 4K player. Back to distinctly unimpressed again I'm afraid.

6 minutes ago, Benny said:

Actually, I take back what I said: 4K discs still sound stupidity loud for something that touts itself as a 4K player. Back to distinctly unimpressed again I'm afraid.

That's a shame. I don't use mine for multimedia stuff, apart from the occasional Giant Bomb stream. I only use it as a games console and as someone who still has his beloved Dreamcast and has played games on a Pro without a headset, having such a quiet beast is a miracle :D

But yeah, I can imagine it being disappointing if you want 4k disc playback - better than no 4k bluray support at all, but still disappointing :(

Fortunately I have some lovely noise cancelling headphones, but If you wanted to watch 4k discs on it communally and not have intrusive noise I would recommend either a separate player or a loud sound system. It's pretty crap as it stands.

1 hour ago, Skull Commander said:

While it misses those points it is valid to say this is likely make or break for Xbox. The wider public still perceive it (quite rightly) as not having so much good first party exclusives and at this stage they need more than a forza/gears of war/ halo to save them. Sea of Thieves has generally underwhelmed and now more than ever they need the wow factor. 

Sounds like Microsoft has taken over Nintendos mantle of being doomed, every year.

How do you measure what the ‘wider public’ thinks of Microsofts first party games? These arguments seem quite insular to gaming forums where console warring is so prevalent. 

Arguments which this article brings over wholesale in order to reduce the discussion down to favorable parameters for one party. Once you factor in the aforementioned features into this discussion, it is Sony who appears to be well and truly fucked in the long run.

Not that I would want that personally, which is why I hope the company will bring some good news on this front in their E3 show.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 2

1 hour ago, Benny said:

I'm watching a 4k disc on mine right now and it's not making any noise whatsoever. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Benny said:

Is this your first console? Imagine being distinctly unimpressed that something mechanical with moving parts creates a slight noise. Don’t ever buy a washing machine!

Only joking! To be honest it sounds like you’ve got another duff. Mine gets used for movies all the time and I’ve never heard it.

Its not a good show getting two dodgy consoles in a row though. I had no idea that there were such prevalent problems with the X. Hope you get it sorted.

16 minutes ago, Orko said:

I'm watching a 4k disc on mine right now and it's not making any noise whatsoever. 

I highly doubt this. The drive is louder than a full tilt PS4 fan when Blade Runner is in there, from title screen to a few chapters in.

3 minutes ago, Benny said:

I highly doubt this. It's louder than a full tilt PS4 fan when Blade Runner is in there, from title screen to a few chapters in.

You can doubt it all you want. The only sound from mine is the spinning of the disc. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Orko said:

You can doubt it all you want. The only sound from mine is the spinning of the disc. 

Which is the problem. The spinning disc is what's too loud :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Benny said:

Which is the problem. The spinning disc is what's too loud :rolleyes:

Jesus. Discs spin. They always have. Now, if yours is any more than a slight quiet whirring noise then you’ve got problems. I can’t hear mine at all with the sound of the TV, I had to mute it to check it was making a noise at all and it’s faint from where I sit.