IGNORED

Xbox One X

Bojangle

On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 23:08, Hardbattle said:

Has anybody got any experience with Atmos using the X? It works great with games, but as soon as I try a UHD I get a message saying that my receiver can’t decode it... which it clearly can...

Have you downloaded the atmos app from the store?  Its free for the app and it also provides some demos, but you have to pay for the headphone application.  You can set it to output atmos in this and it works great for games and uhd.  

43 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Finally, finally got round to buying a 4k telly now I'm about to buy an X too. Anyone know of any good deals? There's currently an Amazon one for £449 which comes with Forza 7, PUBG, Halo 5 and Destiny 2. Any good? 

I've had a look through ebay and a few other places, looks like Amazon have the best one right now.

Console, PUBG, Halo5, Destiny 2 and Forza 7/Sea of Thieves (your choice) - affilliate - non-affiliate

If you are not interested in the games, you can get it with Sea of Thieves for £428 or just the console for £419

Thanks I didn't realise you could choose Sea of Thieves instead of Forza. Am I right in thinking if I get Game pass I'll have access to Sea of Thieves anyway though? Also, any good deals on Game Pass? Sorry for all the questions. So excited :omg:

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Finally, finally got round to buying a 4k telly now I'm about to buy an X too. Anyone know of any good deals? There's currently an Amazon one for £449 which comes with Forza 7, PUBG, Halo 5 and Destiny 2. Any good? 

All the deals I saw were over £400 new so just pick your games and go with it. Great console so compact and quiet.

GP is currently £7.99 for three months... so alternatively why not get a console on its own (as cheap as poss) and then sub to GP for three months? :)

Not sure if F7 is on GP yet though... but there is enough to play on there!

5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Thanks I didn't realise you could choose Sea of Thieves instead of Forza. Am I right in thinking if I get Game pass I'll have access to Sea of Thieves anyway though? Also, any good deals on Game Pass? Sorry for all the questions. So excited :omg:

Yes you will, and you've literally just missed out on the offer of 3 months of gamepass for £7.99 direct from Microsoft. It's now that for a month (standard price), although you do usually get a free month if you let it switch on autorenew (which you then switch straight off again). 

edit: You'll get a code for a free month in the box with the One X as well, which will probably offer the same month-free-if-autorenew option. 

1 minute ago, MattyP said:

GP is currently £7.99 for three months... so alternatively why not get a console on its own (as cheap as poss) and then sub to GP for three months? :)

I think that was part of the ultimate game sale, which has finished. 

13 minutes ago, Stanley said:

You'll get 1 month free with the console. Next best bet is to buy it through TopCashBack on Microsoft.com. 7% cashback at the moment.

Have a look on the enhanced list, I only got an Xbox fairly recently but there's not much that stands out of late. Hellblade, if you've not got it elsewhere, is about it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_X_enhanced_games

I'd recommend Ninja Gaiden Black and Panzer Dragoon Orta from the original Xbox as well, they look ace on the X and are still great to play. 

19 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I'm going with Forza 7 then, I imagine it's a real showcase for the X anyhow. Any other must haves for the X? I already own quite a few Xbox One games, but haven't bought any recently.

Gears 4 has very nice visuals too... if you like shooty arcade games!

Some 360 games have also been enhanced... Crackdown looks lovely and as playable as ever....

5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I'm massively looking forward to playing Skyrim again which I already own, and Fallout 4. How do they look and perform now?

Higher resolution, and a bit better draw distance by the look of it. Welcome to the world of PC upgrading, but on a console! 

Just now, stefcha said:

Higher resolution, and a bit better draw distance by the look of it. Welcome to the world of PC upgrading, but on a console! 

Haha, I can't believe I'm getting one of these tbh, I've been saving for it and a telly since the X was announced. I'm like a big kid at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

Ooh I wonder if Orange Box has been improved. All this legacy support is great isn't it? 

That one hasn't, only a handful of 360 games have had any sort of specific improvements on the X. 

42 minutes ago, stefcha said:

I think that was part of the ultimate game sale, which has finished. 

Ah dammit... just missed it then... although too much to play already so didn't jump on the deal TBH. Sure they will push it again at some point - however not when FH4 drops I guess! :D

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

Haha, I can't believe I'm getting one of these tbh, I've been saving for it and a telly since the X was announced. I'm like a big kid at the moment. 

I did similar (without the TV), saving up various things via Microsoft Rewards and making the most of other deals on credit for ages, only cost me somewhere between £120-£180 depending on how you want to work it. Didn't particularly need it, so was in no rush. They are utterly brilliant pieces of technology, well worth the effort even if the better games are arguably on PS4. 

2 minutes ago, amc said:

Forza Horizon 3 is a tasty showcase. And another shout for Gears 4, especially if you have decent HDR.

My TV is a Samsung MU7000, it has HDR but I don't think it's considered amazing by the high end standards. Still, it's what I can afford and I'm sure I'll be blown away compared to my old 1080p set. 

2 minutes ago, stefcha said:

I did similar (without the TV), saving up various things via Microsoft Rewards and making the most of other deals on credit for ages, only cost me somewhere between £120-£180 depending on how you want to work it. Didn't particularly need it, so was in no rush. They are utterly brilliant pieces of technology, well worth the effort even if the better games are arguably on PS4. 

Yeah I'd never give up my PS4 as the exclusives are just too good to miss but I imagine I won't be buying many third party titles for it now. I'm really excited about the prospect of 4k blu-ray too. 

Download the insects demo. You can play around with the difference between HDR and SDR, 4K and 1080p and colour gamut I think. Seem to remember it having audio toggles for maybe Atmos for headphones and windows Sonic. Both worth a look for the best audio experience via cans if you're inclined. All on the fly. Good little demo. I'm also a fan of the Atmos for headphones app. Got to get the best out of that X lol.