IGNORED

Xbox One X

Bojangle

5 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

@Wallace Good point. But the real story there is no Halo 5 patch.

I look forward to several pages now of us trying to work out what "Enhancements" means then. 

Surprised to see Halo 5 not making the 4K list as it's already 4K on PC (multiplayer only of course). 

28 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

I missed the conference, but you guys are awful at bumping/creating threads for what's announced, I'm having to find stuff through related videos on Youtube because none of it's been surfaced here.

Come on @VN1X accept the challenge.

I'm on mobile most of the day out on site. But have created the Anthem thread lots more left to do.

1 minute ago, Revival said:

Enhancements are things like 4k textures, Probably from the PC versions where possible.

Seems much more likely. Considering literally every game will be improved on Xbox One X with regards to locked framerates thanks to da power. 

32 minutes ago, Radish said:

You've shown your bias there by using the RRP of the Pro and a deal price for the Slim (and by comparing the 1tb pro to the 500gb slim).

He has 3 Bone's in his house already I think so yea I'm not surprised he's backing the BoneX vs. the PS4 Pro :lol:

Fact is there a loads of games on the PS Pro that have a checkboarding or enhanced sub 4K image, and a lesser number that have Native 4K. And One X will have those same games at full 4K. I don't think this is a revelation.

Will you notice FFXV being 4k instead of 1800p checkerboard? Entirely depends on your telly and how far you are from it. Depsite @rafaqat protestations, diminishing returns is a thing. Would I prefer native 4K to a checkboarded image? Of course I would, but it really isn't a massive difference. And I speak from having sat in front of a very good 4K set playing a mixture of both for the last 4 months.  But hey, like @Uncle Mike said Xbox One X is a good thing moving it all forward and encouraging 4K support.

If is was £350 I would be in like Flynn.  At £450 its just too much.

Just now, Revival said:

How are they realistically going to offer something that's 50% more powerful than a Pro and with a 4K UHD drive at the same price?

Well that's the crux of it isn't it. It didn't have to be that way. Sony chose a certain spec at a certain price point. And MS chose another. I might even bite at £399. (I actually think it will be around that before very long)

Unlike when the ps4 pro was announced. Microsoft did not show me any 1st party exclusives that made me want to pick one of these up let alone 3rd party. £450 is just too steep for what they showed. Terrible showing.

I'm happy at £450. The XB1 was £430 at launch (£465 now due to inflation) and I've had thousands of hours of fun with it.

People complaining that it costs more than the PS Pro, well of course it does. It's 50% more powerful and has a built in UHD drive. It will be day 1 for me.

I doubt I'm in for Day One because for me the exclusives are still lacking, and the ones that are there I can play on my S. If Forza 7 (which genuinely looked absolutely incredible and beyond what I was expecting, and that was on a 1080p stream, god knows what it must look like on a 4K set) had been replaced with Horizon 4 however, I'd be in. I'll probably buy one next year at some point depending on the support it gets.

2 minutes ago, Zero9X said:

Unlike when the ps4 pro was announced. Microsoft did not show me any 1st party exclusives that made me want to pick one of these up let alone 3rd party. £450 is just too steep for what they showed. Terrible showing.

What did they show?

It's hard to tell, when watching a 1080p screen, what benefits the 4K showing has. I would have thought Forza, Metro and Anthem at least would be more than enough to show off the 4K. Yes, only one is exclusive, but I'm sure they are a big enough deal to get people excited.

I skipped from game-reveal to game-reveal throughout the stream & except for Ori, there was absolutely f**k all interesting.

MS has painted itself into a very cramped corner & some of their babbling about "creativity" etc felt completely hollow- again.  

They're creatively bankrupt with their anemic IP.

As for the hardware: what liquid cooling system is reliable over many years?  

Just now, KriessG said:

I'll probably get one as I want to start getting 4K Blu Rays for when I upgrade my projector or buy a TV (Boo). 

i went from a projector(ax200) to 4k65inch, it looks sooo good. 

Just now, Philly said:

i went from a projector(ax200) to 4k65inch, it looks sooo good. 

Even 65" would feel a bit small though. I've been gaming on 100" plus screens for over a decade now. Some of the 75" models would probably be okay, but then now that Acer projector is here and others will soon follow... I'll see what's around nearer Christmas.

2 minutes ago, Stingo said:

I skipped from game-reveal to game-reveal throughout the stream & except for Ori, there was absolutely f**k all interesting.

MS has painted itself into a very cramped corner & some of their babbling about "creativity" etc felt completely hollow- again.  

They're creatively bankrupt with their anemic IP.

Shows off 40 odd games for release in the next 12 months.

22 of which are either exclusive, or launching first on Xbox.

"Creatively bankrupt".

Just now, King A said:

Shows off 40 odd games for release in the next 12 months.

22 of which are either exclusive, or launching first on Xbox.

"Creatively bankrupt".

Come on, you know he meant their internal studios. The 3rd party stuff carried that entire conference, which it should because that's what they're painting X as - The best place to play. 

from that list they showed, im going to be genuinely bankrupt, never mind creatively (badum-tish)

All in 4k im assuming, but....

Anthem

DBZ fighters (2D just like the Snes classics)

Crackzy 3!!

SEA OF THIEVES (personal omg want highlight)

State of Decay (missed the first on 360)

Horizon 3 enhanced (not played it yet) and Forza 7

and games i want the best version of, like Assassins Creed and Destiny 2 (im a destiny whore)

i absolutely can't wait

(i have to, and it'll be awful/amazing)

1 hour ago, Radish said:

You've shown your bias there by using the RRP of the Pro and a deal price for the Slim (and by comparing the 1tb pro to the 500gb slim).

to be honest.  I just googled PS4 slim prices and Ps4 prices and took the cheapest for each.  It's not always bias. :)

£450 for Xbox X is higher than I would like. But it's probably a price I'll stretch to..  Hopefully there'll the be the usual deals coming in soon.

2 minutes ago, Philly said:

SEA OF THIEVES (personal omg want highlight)

SOT is genuinely a huge amount of fun. One of the best co-op games I've played in a long time and it's nowhere near feature complete.

12 minutes ago, Stingo said:

It only needs to last another two years when the next gen consoles come out.

That's the thing with Scorpio, £450 and it will be superseded in two years.

12 minutes ago, Stingo said:

It's a vapour chamber. They're pretty standard on high end graphics cards, and probably workstations, and have been for years.