Civilization VI - Civ on the streets, Civ in the sheets

Blu3Flame

Civ is the same for me - I'll load it up a handful of times a year and have one game. When a new one comes out I normally play nothing else for months though.

I would highly advise getting 'Stellaris' by Paradox. It's like Civ in space, but a proper new strat game as opposed to the uninspired civ v reskin that Beyond Earth was.

My laptop is woefully inadequate for that, but I'll shove it on my wishlish and buy it when it's cheap for the future, like I did with Civ V after writing that post about how I won't play it for five years :lol:

The continents have their own names.

Barbarians will send out an invasion force if their scouts find your cities.

One victory type removed, one added, and steps to get to others changed

Civs more unique, have unique abilities as well as multiple units and buildings.

The districts get bonuses based on the terrain around them.

Builders replace workers, have limited number of uses.

China can sacrifice Builders to rush wonders.

Roads are created between cities automatically by Trader units.

Just war / casus belli is in.

"Civics" tree for culture, single tree not Honor, Tradition.

"Civics" unlock buildings and "policy cards", basically perks which can be socketed into your Government.

First Government is "Chieftan", more become available over time through the Civics tree.

Policies have types: Military, Production, Diplomacy and Wild.

Different Government types have different numbers and types of slots.

City states are back, but don't have influence meter.

Instead you can send envoys, and they offer permanent benefits.

Number of envoys determines benefits tier you receive.

Ally status seems to be separate, based on completing quests for them.

Production towards cash/culture/science/etc now has a turn amount with a chance of producing a great person.

Military units XP goes towards military tech.

Support units can be linked with military units, like a Battering Ram with some soldiers for a bonus against cities.

Similar units can also be combined to form powerful “Corps” units.

Corps are available mid-game and later on, three units can be combined together to make an "Army"

Can move multiple tiles of units at once as a Formation, not sure how this works on a hex map with terrain.

They're certainly saying the right things.

Sounds good 

"roads created by traders" Civ finally catching up with The Settlers! Although I hope you can also build roads, as sometimes I like to make sure that my new city is linked up immediately.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice to have Vicky again and not Lizzie.  Missed a trick not having 'Perfidious Albion: inexplicably abandons diplomatic agreements when things are tough.' as her leader agenda though.

Still time to implement it Firaxis! ;)

On 29/06/2016 at 2:03 PM, Scruff said:

Nice to have Vicky again and not Lizzie.  Missed a trick not having 'Perfidious Albion: inexplicably abandons diplomatic agreements when things are tough.' as her leader agenda though.

Still time to implement it Firaxis! ;)

There should be Brexit DLC whereby England's leader is Cameron and in 2016 inexplicably cuts all ties with everyone, embargos itself for two years and halves all growth, economy, culture and science generation for at least another 10 years :P

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2016 at 15:09, Rev said:

If Civ VI is £30 on cdkeys now, there's very little chance that will be the lowest it goes. Typically they get to their cheapest two or three weeks before release.

Yeah, it's started creeping down now. Currently at £26.99

• 1 month later...

Positive preview from Rock, Paper, Shotgun after they've played nearly 50 hours.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/29/civilization-vi-brings-the-series-back-to-its-best/

Properly excited for this. A few weeks ago I reinstalled CivV to scratch the itch and end up putting almost 20 hours into a couple of games over the weekend. 6 is going to eat my free time.

• 3 weeks later...