IGNORED

Mayans MC - Sons of Anarchy spin-off

JohnC

• 9 months later...

They got a lead. JD Pardo from Revolution.

Mayans MC is set after the events of Sons of Anarchy and centers on EZ Reyes (Pardo), a prospect in the Mayan MC charter on the California/Mexico border who struggles with his desire for vengeance against the cartel as well as his need for respect from the women he loves.

Edward James Olmos will play his father, Felipe and Clayton Cardenas as his brother, Angel.

John Ortiz, from Fast & Furious movies, will be the Charter President, Esai “Taino” Osorio. A "Mexi-Rican" from The Bronx and cousin to Marcus Alvarez, Mayans founder and National President.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Totally forgot about this. Can't say I'm overly enthusiastic about watching it after SoA. So now the series is finished, is everything in place? Beef? Internal beef? Reaching out to CIA/ATF handlers? Do they "dig into" stuff to find out more information?

When I think back to SoA, it's remarkable how plotless it felt at times. Most episodes seemed to be a series of meetings with people just talking at each other in abandoned areas, the biker club, the police station, or an ice cream shop. Kind of the same format as The Only Way is Essex, but people get stabbed or shot in the head at the end of the conversation.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Don't know if anyone is still watching this. I didn't bother returning for season 2.

But I've just seen a bit of a diss from Tommy Flanagan. Apparently he guest starred in a second season episode as Chibbs from SoA. An interviwer asked if he'd be back again.

"Nah, I’m doing a proper show now."