4 hours ago, mdn2 said:

About Hela:

Reveal hidden contents

She's not dead, is she? I can't see her being hit by a flaming sword the size of a mountain stopping her.

Spoiler

I didn't spot it, but my friend was sure he saw a blue flash where she was right before the sword hit. We're thinking that Loki scooped her out of there for some reason (I mean, there's no way he's not got the Tesseract now).

This was very good! Who would have thought that the child protection services lady from the Wilderpeople would end up being Jeff Goldblum's sidekick?

I could moan about the CG fights given that the likes of Blade Runner and Mind Hunter have raised the bar, but it isn't that important. Thor is my favourite idiot.

Saw this last night - loved it - and have spent a lot of time in work today remembering funny moments and swapping them with colleagues who also loved it.

Looking forward to watching it again next week. Certainly the funniest MCU movie and up there with the best of them overall.

With Logan, Guardians 2, this, Lego Batman, Wonder Woman and Spiderman all being somewhere between good and great  - it has been a very good year for superhero movies. Hopefully Wheddon has sprinkled some Avenger's magic on Justice League to stop it dragging the side right down.

16 hours ago, Sabreman said:

Hide contents

I didn't spot it, but my friend was sure he saw a blue flash where she was right before the sword hit. We're thinking that Loki scooped her out of there for some reason (I mean, there's no way he's not got the Tesseract now).

Re: Hela

It was a green flash/mist if I remember correctly. Similar to how she first appeared. So I assume either she perished and faded away into light, like Odin. Or, she teleported herself back to where she was banished in order to regroup.

2 hours ago, Ork1927 said:

Saw this last night - loved it - and have spent a lot of time in work today remembering funny moments and swapping them with colleagues who also loved it.

Favourite line in the whole film:

Spoiler

"Piss off, ghost"

I'm tempted to go and see this again. 

• Upvote 7

What a top film! Laughed loads in an empty cinema. I thought it would be full with half term kids, but somehow dodged that bullet. 

It was great to get home and finally click on the spoilers in this thread, laughing all over again as I was reminded of scenes and quotes. 

It looks splendid, has implications for future marvel films, and the soundtrack really fits the mood and style.  Would like to see it in a cinema again, maybe with more people in the audience, because there’s nothing better than losing one’s shit to a wanking joke while in public. 

• Upvote 1

Took a wee while to warm up but ended up a great time. Felt really fresh for one of these films.  As well as being pretty funny with lots of good character stuff, it is easily the best looking Marvel film yet. Very good all round. 

(Even though the baddy appeared to be copied from a GeForce tech demo circa 2007). 

3 hours ago, cassidy said:

So to discuss that mid credit sequence. Do we think that ties in directly to 

Reveal hidden contents

Guardians 2 post credit when they crash into Thor just floating in space? And so directly bringing them into Infinity war? 

Yes. Apparently, in the Infinity War trailer, Thor's ship is destroyed by Thanos - it is Thanos' ship at the end of Thor - and Thanos sends Thor into the deep of space where he's then picked up by the GOTG crew. I've read that Marvel/Disney have delayed on any Infinity War trailers or teasers being widely available as it contains a spoiler for the current Thor film.

46 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

Hide contents

Yes. Apparently, in the Infinity War trailer, Thor's ship is destroyed by Thanos - it is Thanos' ship at the end of Thor - and Thanos sends Thor into the deep of space where he's then picked up by the GOTG crew. I've read that Marvel/Disney have delayed on any Infinity War trailers or teasers being widely available as it contains a spoiler for the current Thor film.

So if those Infinity War spoilers are true then...

No more Asgard at all, right? If the ship is destroyed, I'd imagine so is everybody on board the ship too? And didn't Odin say that Thor draws his power from Asgard?

27 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Yeah, I can imagine 

Hide contents

The Asguardians being sent to a mine as slaves or some such usual movie trope and that will be Thor's motivation in Infinity War

I suppose they could also suggest it takes place after they've dropped the Asgardians somewhere safe, whilst Thor & Co try to find a suitable new home.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Shedders said:

Saw this last night and holy shit it's incredible. Straight to the top of best MCU films for me.

Loved it from start to finish - Korg was easily the highlight. Practically every line from him had me in stitches.

Korg solo film please Marvel.

It's amazing what gold can be achieved, simply by putting on a funny South African accent.

• Empathy 1

Just back from watching it. A shame the idiot next to me was incapable of spending more than 20 mins without pulling his phone out and browsing stuff :rolleyes: 

Agree that Korg had some great lines. The whole cast seemed to be thoroughly enjoying themselves. 

"your hammer pulls you off?"

:D Also loved the Beta Ray Bill acknowledgement built into the tower. 

10 hours ago, cassidy said:

So to discuss that mid credit sequence. Do we think that ties in directly to 

Reveal hidden contents

Guardians 2 post credit when they crash into Thor just floating in space? And so directly bringing them into Infinity war? 

That was not a scene in GotG Vol. 2, are you thinking of the leaked Infinity War trailer?