rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
JohnC

Thor: Ragnarok

Also, the Loki/Thor "Hello..." bit, the bad guys look like BSG Cylons. :sherlock:

8 minutes ago, Pug said:

The bit when Banner says, "Where are we?" sounds weird. Like ran through an autotune or something.

Yea I think they pulled it from another scene where they're inside a ship, being filmed from the outside.

2 hours ago, Pug said:

The bit when Banner says, "Where are we?" sounds weird. Like ran through an autotune or something.

Theres a number of lines that seem squeezed together in the trailer like "we have to sto...RAGNAROK, THE END OF EVERYTHING" and that bit you said. It's probably either not in the film or from a scene with distorted audio.

There's a new Japanese trailer out with mostly old footage but with a new intro and a few other snippets.

14 minutes ago, GMass said:

Doesn't look as good as in the first trailer.

What doesn't? It looks exactly the same, except for the few extra snippets of footage in there.

So are all Marvel films based around them getting together to form a supergroup? 

It looks not bad, but it does feel a bit boring now, all of this sort of 'mini Avenger' episodes where they have a few wisecracks and there's the odd anti-hero around while they join forces to beat some "end of their world" beastie thing. While there's lots of unnatural colour hues going on, like someone has opened thousands of those purple and blue packets of Skittles... I guess it's better than the muted look of the DC films.

Plus the machines and sets look like they've been taken from Power Rangers Super Dino Charge.

Taste the rainbow....

IMG_2249.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 17/08/2017 at 19:04, JPL said:

What doesn't? It looks exactly the same, except for the few extra snippets of footage in there.

It's pretty poorly put together, timing of music and speaking. Though that's probably due to the international appeal, it doesnt matter as long as there BATTERRRUU  ROYAAAAAA at the end. Much better title.

The timing of the music and speaking in the 2nd trailer is pretty well put together and especially the music choice timed with Thor being soaked in thunder makes for an especially epic trailer.

1 hour ago, Sabreman said:

Sick of all these Goldblum & blue posters.

I think you mean...

Goldblue-m.

I'll just go and shoot myself shall I?

• Empathy 1

'80s! 1980s! Nineteen eighties!

You like the '80s don't you?

Well here's MORE '80s! All the '80s you could ever want! None more '80s!

http://nerdist.com/nerdist-presents-thor-ragnarok-1980s-trailer/

(It's quite entertaining, in the same way as Guardians Inferno. But I still think Caged Heat - the Trevor Slattery/Mike Post TV pilot bit from All Hail the King - is the best thing Marvel have done in this vein.)

• Upvote 5

On 26/07/2017 at 11:15, JohnC said:

While Infinfty War will be the longest MCU movie so far, looks like this will be the shortest. Waititi says the current cut is around 100 minutes.

http://collider.com/thor-ragnarok-run-time-revealed-taika-waititi

Despite saying this earlier, BBFC have rated it, with a runtime of 130m 21s. Actual rating is 12A, to the surprise of nobody.

On 14/10/2017 at 20:04, JohnC said:

Despite saying this earlier, BBFC have rated it, with a runtime of 130m 21s. Actual rating is 12A, to the surprise of nobody.

Interesting. I'm all for more Thor, but what about that claim from Waititi? Was he just kidding around? Has Marvel denied him final cut? I hope nothing problematic occurred in the background...

It will be exactly like this Mr.T infomercial, only with Mr. Thanos and infinity stones instead of a flavor oven.

"You won't believe how great the reality stone is Darla, it's unreal!"

• Upvote 3

Just seen this, it’s pretty much what you think it’s gonna be, if you think it’s gonna be rad! But also has some great surprises and if you like NZ humour you’ll laugh loads and have a real fun time. The spaceships are very cool and thankfully Jeff is as standout as we’ve all hoped he would be. Not GotG amazing, but very damn close!

• Upvote 9