IGNORED

January 2017 transfer window

Plissken

For all the news and rumours sourced from ITK Twitter accounts with 12 followers that are run from bedrooms in the Midlands.

Joey Barton has signed for Rangers. Was a free agent, Burnley made an offer but he gone north of the border. Fair play to him, he was great for us and it is disappointing. But I suppose the chance to establish himself at an ambitious club that has come far on its four year existence was a big draw.

Edited by Plissken

Arsenal still haven't managed to confirm the signing of Xhaka, to the point I'm now certain he's going to play for Chelsea rather than idly considering it.

They're also planning on signing Morata and Maxi Romero, both of whom are my strikers on Football Manager so I think I might actually be Arsene Wenger re-incarnated. With added ability to spend money.

Liverpool are close to signing the 2nd best goalkeeper in Germany (as voted for by the players) - Loris Karius from Mainz. Although with John Achterberg coaching him, he'll soon be as error prone as Mignolet. 

The next targets are Gotze (who is looking increasingly likely to stay put), Mahmoud Dahoud and Ben Chilwell, who has yet to play a league game for Leicester but is already a better defender than Moreno. And I say that without ever seeing him play. 

3 hours ago, Rev said:

Arsenal still haven't managed to confirm the signing of Xhaka, to the point I'm now certain he's going to play for Chelsea rather than idly considering it.

They're also planning on signing Morata and Maxi Romero, both of whom are my strikers on Football Manager so I think I might actually be Arsene Wenger re-incarnated. With added ability to spend money.

Arsenal wont announce anything until the 1st July when the Transfer window opens, stop torturing yourself.

Sky Sports News should install a Blue Peter-esque totaliser that tots up the summer transfer money being spent in real time. Jim White could scale up it, frothing at the mouth like a rabid King Kong and getting increasingly hyperactive as the digits spin while producers attempt to coerce him down with mops and brooms.

Burnley in for Henri Lansbury for the fifth transfer window running.  I'm not joking about it being the fifth.  Though I suspect that the actual rumour is because most Clarets fans were tweeting "So, we're in for Lansbury" messages at the end of the season and the papers are running filler based on it.  We're apparently also interested in Kayal and Dale Stephens from Brighton.  Alan Judge was also on the list but his leg break has probably scuppered that one.

I was hopeful Leicester would stay together for at least 1 year.  Vardy is a somebody there, at arsenal he's one of a crowd. Seems very short sighted of him to me, its not like arsenal are big on salary either.

Arsenal though, lowest paying top 5 club. not all that guaranteed to do anything in the CL either, I duno I just feel like its a shame to break them up so quickly.

I mean if he is a prat, I dont know, I've not read up about this racism, I just dont want to see Leicesters achievement as a picked over carcass by the end of summer.

On 01/06/2016 at 9:41 AM, Chooch said:

Why is the Sevilla Sporting Director such a big deal? 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/17/sevilla-monchi-liverpool-europa-league-final

Pretty much covers it. Effective, thorough, strong minded but still seems like a nice bloke on top. Don't get hung up on the profits made, good players being creamed off by the elite is just a by product of being at what's perceived as a lower team, albeit one that's one a European title three years on the trot.

Koeman looks like he's off to Everton. £100m transfer budget to play with. Everton finally have lots of money apparently. Koeman doesn't seem to need a huge transfer budget though. Interesting.

Vardy was at Fleetwood not long ago. He's probably got four years left at the top so he'll want to be earning a lot of money in those four years. He'd have been on, maybe £2k a week max at Fleetwood. After tax, that's not something you could retire on. Leicester probably weren't paying him £1m a year. It sound obscene but if you were in Vardy's shoes, you'd probably be thinking about life after football and want to earn as much as possible. People forget that for professional players, this is their job. 

Seems like Ibrahimovic is off to Man Utd.

Now this could all be done pretty easily.  United have the money, Zlatan is a free agent, could quite easily rock up and sign a contract.  But the egos involved won't let it be done without a month worth of incredibly tedious back page headlines.

3 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Koeman looks like he's off to Everton. £100m transfer budget to play with. Everton finally have lots of money apparently. Koeman doesn't seem to need a huge transfer budget though. Interesting.

I'm bemused by this, he could easily be walking in to a top four club at the end of his contract at Saints. Everton need serious work.

Isn't rebuilding a proud, historic, massive football club like Everton proof that he's a proper manager with a desire to improve himself by facing huge challenges? I expect he'll end up at Barcelona one day - he's an ex-player of theirs.

19 minutes ago, Skeeez said:

I'm bemused by this, he could easily be walking in to a top four club at the end of his contract at Saints. Everton need serious work.

Everton are a 1, 2 season turnaround..just undo Martinez's stupid shit, they've got the players.

3 hours ago, Skeeez said:

Personally I'd say that the South Coast is nicer weather, that's more the reason to stay.

3 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Isn't rebuilding a proud, historic, massive football club like Everton proof that he's a proper manager with a desire to improve himself by facing huge challenges?

No, not really. Cos that's all bollocks that football fans think and managers say after moving to another club for nothing more than a five million a year pay rise.

Fair play to the bloke though cos that's a huge wage. 

Everton are a 1, 2 season turnaround..just undo Martinez's stupid shit, they've got the players.

I cant see him being there in two seasons time personally.

• 2 weeks later...