IGNORED

January 2017 transfer window

Plissken

20 minutes ago, aidey6 said:

Just hearing on BBC Transfer deadline day that Spurs have matched the Everton bid for Sissoko!!

Is he an upgrade on the likes of Dembele? 

Only if Pochettino can get him performing consistently, and even then only because he's a couple of years younger. Then again he did just that for Dembele...

10 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Spurs just made us look like pillocks over Sissoko. smh

As someone who lives in the north east and seen him plenty for Newcastle, you had a lucky escape, and I'd say the same for 10 mil never mind 30.

£30m. Jesus wept. He was awful last year, had a couple of ok performances in the Euros, and now he's worth that? I think Everton have dodged a bullet there. 

Mike Ashley must be laughing. Newcastle have offloaded a bunch of players who weren't good enough to keep them up last year, for a small fortune.  Fair play to them. 

He proved at the Euros if he's playing for a team he is passionate about he can really push himself to find a performance. Newcastle might have done nothing for him but at Spurs he's...

"Arsenal is one of the best European teams. To be watched by that sort of club, that proves that you are a quality player.

"Everyone knows, I often said it when I was young, Arsenal is the club of my heart, because there were quite a few French players there like Thierry Henry, Robert Pires, Sylvain Wiltord, Patrick Vieira who was my idol…

"The beautiful Arsenal. We will see. I cannot tell you if I am going to go to Arsenal. For the moment, I am focused on the French national team and the Euros."

Well, you never know, PSG might give them £25m next year. 

Chelsea taking the piss with the loan system as ever...

Thirty-eight players on loan from Chelsea. THIRTY-EIGHT!

Here goes: Tammy Abraham - Bristol City, Nathan Ake - Bournemouth, Bekanty Victorien Angban - Granada, Christian Atsu - Newcastle, Baba Rahman - Schalke, Lewis Baker - Vitesse Arnhem, Patrick Bamford - Burnley, Nathan Baxter - Metropolitan Police (until January), Mitchell Beeney - Crawley (until January), Jamal Blackman - Wycombe (until January), Jeremie Boga - Granada, Isaiah Brown - Rotherham,  Andreas Christensen - Borussia Monchengladbach, Jake Clarke-Salter - Bristol Rovers, Charlie Colkett - Bristol Rovers, Dion Conroy - Aldershot (until January), Juan Cuadrado - Juventus (three-year loan), Cristian Cuevas - Sint-Truidense, Alex Davey - Crawley (until January), Matej Delac - Royal Excel Mouscron, Islam Feruz - Royal Excel Mouscron, Michael Hector - Eintracht Frankfurt, Jordan Houghton - Doncaster (until January), Tomas Kalas - Fulham, Kenedy - Watford, Alex Kiwomya - Crewe (until January), Matt Miazga - Vitesse Arnhem, Charly Musonda - Real Betis, Nathan - Vitesse Arnhem, Kenneth Omeruo - Alanyaspor, Kasey Palmer - Huddersfield, Danilo Pantic - Excelsior, Mario Pasalic - AC Milan, Lucas Piazon - Fulham (until January), Loic Remy - Crystal Palace, Jhoao Rodriguez - Independiente Sante Fe, Bertrand Traore - Ajax, Wallace - Gremio.

Quite surprised Burnley couldn't get either Grosicki or Stephens yesterday. They are crying out for wingers at the club. Although it sounds like Grosicki wasnt much interested in playing for Burnley, he wasn't accepting any contract they offered him, even whilst he was sat in Manchester airport after flying in. 

My best mate works with the players on a daily basis and says Defour has been very impressive during training and will really shine once he settles! 

9 minutes ago, RickyDVT said:

Quite surprised Burnley couldn't get either Grosicki or Stephens yesterday. They are crying out for wingers at the club. Although it sounds like Grosicki wasnt much interested in playing for Burnley, he wasn't accepting any contract they offered him, even whilst he was sat in Manchester airport after flying in. 

My best mate works with the players on a daily basis and says Defour has been very impressive during training and will really shine once he settles! 

Stephens is a centre mid, they got Hendrick instead.

Just sub Henrick the second it's obvious he's not playing one of his 1 in 5 matches barnstormers and he'll be great.

2 hours ago, Timmo said:

Stephens is a centre mid, they got Hendrick instead.

Just sub Henrick the second it's obvious he's not playing one of his 1 in 5 matches barnstormers and he'll be great.

Jack Stephens was a full back when he played for Plymouth before moving to Southampton - he didn't play many games for us sadly.

Wilshere to Bournemouth. Ha! Surely someone else could've given him a loan move - maybe West Ham as they love injury prone players. is this Arsenal just thinking they'll send him somewhere within driving distance who aren't a rival? 

On 11/08/2016 at 22:36, skadupuk said:

Can't delete the above quote.

9 minutes ago, Plissken said:

To paraphrase a tweet, Wilshere chose Bournemouth over Milan or Roma. And we wonder why English players don't develop naturally.

I read a couple of times the Roma move was agreed but Arsenal refused to play ball because of previous dealings between the club's.

I do agree though, the general sentiment is correct but everything I read about the Wilshere move is that he was willing to go abroad.

On 31 August 2016 at 22:34, angel said:

As someone who lives in the north east and seen him plenty for Newcastle, you had a lucky escape, and I'd say the same for 10 mil never mind 30.

30m is last seasons 10m it seems.

He isn't going to replace Dembele but is decent backup and will offer something we lack when Dembele isn't playing - we have proven how important he is with our poor end of last season and start of this season!

Quite surprised how many players we shipped out, I get the feeling someone was on the cards that has fallen through or stalled until Jan - getting rid of Chadli seems a little off as he was a decent off the bench option and scored plenty of important goals for us.

Mind, stadium to pay for o course ;)