Sign in to follow this  
Nespresso

Agents of Mayhem

HglcYJ0.png?1

by Volition Inc.

Official Site | Steam

Release date: August, 2017

ABOUT

In the wake of a global assault, the world has fallen under the rule of LEGION, a supervillainous cabal of criminal masterminds and costumed megalomaniacs.

The only ones who are capable of turning the tide are the Agents of MAYHEM. Led by Persephone Brimstone, these uniquely skilled agents are going to take down this New World Disorder by any means necessary.

• Take the fight to LEGION in Seoul: The City of Tomorrow, an open world brimming with world-shaking missions, city-spanning doomsday devices, and evil underground lairs!
  • Take your team of three Agents into the field and swap between them on the fly for maximum mayhem!
  • Upgrade and customize your Agents to create your personal dream team of gadget-wielding anti-heroes!
  • Upgrade the ARK–MAYHEM HQ–to unlock even more mayhem-making means!
  • The newest game from Volition, the studio responsible for Saints Row!

Agents of Mayhem is currently in development for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC.

IMAGES

Spoiler

ss034.jpg

ss023.jpg

ss013.jpg

ss_6e344aa8e96715e03a2b315aa5e2699e66ccd

ss_e5c100b933dfefff506019321965c0518f9dd

VIDEOS

Spoiler

No gameplay yet unfortunately but glad to see Volition are still alive and kicking. The lack of a multiplayer mode seems odd though.

EDIT: OP updated. 

• Upvote 3

Superheroes in the Saint's Row universe.

Hells yes.

Featuring an original storyline, trademark over-the-top open-world gameplay, and the look-and-feel of a distinctive superhero cosmos, Agents of Mayhem is a true Volition game. This new IP is a part of the Saints Row universe, sharing certain story elements, symbolism, and design inspiration with the multi-million selling franchise. Building on the unique skill of the AAA studio to continuously surprise, endear, and engage players, Agents of Mayhem represents the culmination of over a decade of open world experience and creativity.

My first thread and you gazump it. FFS :D

Thinking about it, this may just shit on Crackdown's chips. They look pretty similar tonally.

Apologies. There appear to be 3 threads now?

The trailer seems to establish some connections to their previous games. Could be that this takes place many years after SR4?  

Could be interesting. Saints Row the Third was great, Saints Row IV not so much. Their humor is ever present in those games though. Good choice from them I think, don't think the Saints Row storyline had much else it could add.

I'm automatically interested because Volition, but that trailer left distinctly underwhelmed.

Over under on Deep Silver managing to actually publish it before they go bust?

I am already getting a bit sick of the late 90s nickelodeon cartoon visual aesthetic (as well as characters types and humour) that is suddenly in fashion in games.

Do volition not have the rights to the tech behind red faction guerilla? A modern game with that kind of destruction on better hardware would be so good.

Looks like Agents of Teamborderbattlewatch, proper uninspiring stuff custom made for nerds to dress up as at conventions.

I'm just bitter because I really wanted a new Red Faction with insane destruction

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I just realised this year's "Everything is Uncharted" is going to be "Everything is Overwatch".

• Upvote 1

AHOY MOTHER FUCKERS!

That was the best bit of the trailer.

And by 'best' I mean 'only good bit'. So uninspired. Awful, generic character design.

• Upvote 2

I'm glad to see developers moving away from gritty grey and brown real soldier man art styles. But they have to be careful with this type of style, do it right and you end up with fantastic memorable characters like Overwatch. But it's all too easy to end up with something that looks like one of those knock-off Chinese animation DVDs in Asda designed to hook naive grannies (The Small Mermaid, that's what she wanted right) or something that Rob Liefeld threw in the bin in the 90s (*cough* Battleborn). 

• Upvote 3

I do hope the devs recognise that there are other character types besides "cocky, wise-cracking anti-hero".

• Upvote 2

I believe they prefer 'puckish rogue' :P (seriously, that's near enough the only character type they do). Was really hoping for another Saints game, but I appreciate that they could do with some time to breathe. Still going to give Volition the benefit of the doubt, it will be interesting to see what they can do in an open world with this generation of consoles.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VN1X said:

ss_6e344aa8e96715e03a2b315aa5e2699e66ccd

All three of those characters combined have less charisma than a single Overwatch character.

After watching that trailer I'm not at all convinced.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Volition did a stream recently where they talked about the game. Sounds pretty damn good so far, though it features no gameplay footage yet - they say that'll hit on Tuesday during E3.

https://www.twitch.tv/dsvolition/v/71513856

I guess this can be construed as a spoiler, so I'll tuck it away in here:

It's an alternate history game where the indvidual Saints existed, but never actually banded together to become the Saints and other organizations rose up instead.

Screw it. Calling it now, this is going to be GREAT. http://www.aomthegame.com/

• Upvote 1

I knew it would be great. I'm going above that with GREAT, capitalized!

A lot of the stuff I'm seeing from shots, art and the website is showing a ton of colour and variety in environments, unlike the reveal trailer. This is very good to see.

Also, curious about a character called Daisy. Each of the devs on livestream outed her as their favourite, and sort of hinted that the revealed characters so far are fine but not their faves from the roster. 

Yup this looks great. :)

Really digging the stylised visuals, they're much more exaggerated than those of SR3 & 4 which is a big improvement. UI looks nice and clean, combat seems fun, swapping out characters on the fly is neat... promising stuff! Performance could use some work though.

New trailer.. shamelessly cashing in on 80's TV nostalgia..

Very much a mashup of Saints and Crackdown (though with powers dialed back a bit from SR4) topped with big spoonfuls of Overwatch and Sunset Overdrive..

Preorder to get 'cosplay' costumes.. which (I assume) look a lot, but not ~quite~ enough like popular properties that they have to pay royalties..:lol:

I assume it's still single player only..?  I really wish it had co-op at least.. some of the best fun I had online last-gen was playing through Saints 2-4 with a mate who lives 200+ miles away and I don't get to see very often..

• Upvote 1

Yay, finally a release date. Still very much looking forward to this. I'm not too worried about it being singleplayer only but I can see it being a big disappointment for others. Hopefully it'll still do well. 

The lack of coop has absolutely floored my interest in this, I can't believe that it's single player only. Saint's characters on your own is just wrong.

• Upvote 1

Feeling cynical about this..

Doesn't feel like they have too much confidence in the appeal of the game.. :unsure:

They might as well have had 'PLEASE BUY THIS SAINT'S FANS' at the end...

..AND he's preorder DLC!

• Upvote 2

Even as a Volition fan I'm starting to be annoying by all of the try-hard media that has come out as of late. It looks more and more like it's another Saints Row in the vein of 3 and 4.