IGNORED

Forza Horizon 3

Cosmic_Guru

58 minutes ago, ridgeracer said:

Picked this up today at lunch so will have a play when I get in. How large is the day one install/patch etc? My internet is average speed.

Day one patch was around 3.5 gig.  Disc install after that was at the usual snail's pace.  Best put it on to start and then go and eat or shower or whatever.

2 hours ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Day one patch was around 3.5 gig.  Disc install after that was at the usual snail's pace.  Best put it on to start and then go and eat or shower or whatever.

Installing at the moment and can confirm it's around 3.5g download plus disc install.

I go to check on installation progress and see it's 59% and "Ready to Launch". Excellent! Except it turns out all you can do at this stage is adjust the brightness settings and choose whether or not you want subtitles in the cut scenes :seanr: Thanks for letting me have that exciting preview!

1 hour ago, ridgeracer said:

Finished work at 5:00 and did a fast walk all the way home, in a mad attempt to get back with in fifteen minutes.

Slammed the game in at 5:21 and I'm loving it so far... 

7:22

WHY DOES LIFE HATE ME SO MUCH!

I finally got to do the first couple of intro races, but it needs to finish installing before I can play any more. It's been on 96% for over an hour now :'(

30 minutes ago, daifuco said:

I think I like the game.

Suddenly it is dark outside

I spent a good time in my first barn find "mission"

but I am not sure what I am looking for, A barn with a car inside?

all the barns I have found  dont look special

A barn with a door that slides up, and a cut-scene will play as soon as you get near one.

30 minutes ago, daifuco said:

I think I like the game.

Suddenly it is dark outside

I spent a good time in my first barn find "mission"

but I am not sure what I am looking for, A barn with a car inside?

all the barns I have found  dont look special

Genuinely thought you were going for a Haiku with that post initially. :)

In FH2 if you got near enough to a barn that had a car in it a cut scene kicked in.

You can use the drone to good effect in locating the correct barn for finds.

Classical radio is ace, with the stuffy presenter objecting to having to play "skills tunes" and reminding everyone which side of the road should be driven on.

Naming blueprints is an art form in it's own right.  Try A Sub-er Day Out, or the Pony Club Outing if you come across them!

Thanks to gooner4life for the Warhog code. It's much appreciated.

Polished off the showcase events tonight. The last one was big but not quite as exciting as the others in my opinion.

Still loving just blasting around and maybe most of all how I keep switching cars as I bounce in and out of events without really thinking about my precise plans. Just too much fun to be had.

Also starting to see the real benefits of the Drivatar line up. Now getting over 20k fans from my lineup for exhibition races which is a nice boost (about 1/6th of the main fan reward from the event). Although the last few Drivatars it's given me head to heads with have all been level 1 so of no use.

What's the quickest way to get into a race versus some friends? I was in a group where the leader kept putting everyone in the same shitty circuit over and over, we all had to use his car and be on his team, and he still tried to smash us off the track every corner. :lol: Guessing that's the co-op mode. 

I managed it in the end by just joining someone from the menus screen, then the host picks all the events.

He was laggy as anything though, so it wasn't much good.

The game is amazing, but I feel like the dog from UP.. Oh, let's go here.. brmmmmm.. SQUIRREL!

Half an hour to an hour later I'll remember what I was supposed to be doing.

@daifuco: Trust me, the barn finds get better! ;)

I've never been one for wringing every last drop of motoring excellence out of these games, and Forza Horizon 3 is no exception - try as they might, I'm simply not interested in drifting challenges or bucket lists when I've just spent the last three days ripping apart the map (488 roads traversed, 150 bonus boards smashed), but given the authentic Australian setting, it was a "true blue" eye opener to find Playground's homage to another iconic character - Mad Max!

Yep, in one of the barns you'll uncover the Falcon XB Interceptor - and there's even a body kit that adds a turbo charger and somebody has auspiciously created a colour scheme with matching decals! If you've ever played the full-fat Mad Max game, and used cockpit cam to boot, this is that. Powered by a factor of "witness me" to the Nth degree! :wub:

Anyone finding visibility of other cars a lot worse in this than Horizon 2? The shadowed areas seem to a lot darker and other cars don't turn their lights on until way later than they should, so I'm finding it far more difficult to spot other cars when whizzing round the streets in the evening.

I guess I'll try turning the brightness setting up later (although it's currently at the recommended "can just see the number 1"). 

Also the rain soaking the inside of your tv screen (definitely that effect rather than hitting a camera lens - far too many drops!) is fecking annoying too, and I assume I can't turn that effect off. Basically you're forced to switch to the cockpit view when it's wet because then the rain hits the screen of the car instead and gets cleared by the wipers, but I like bonnet-cam damnit!

good on the whole though :P