IGNORED

Football Thread 2016/17

Plissken

Every single team on planet Earth has players that will dive to win a free-kick. I watch regular League 2 football and it happens in every game for both my team and the opposition. It's quite a coincidence that when a team are 1 or 2-0 up how often their physio bounds onto the pitch and helps a poor, unfortunate injured player off the pitch.

I think this is the end of Leicester's season. To win the league and then make the quarter finals of the Champions League the next season, that's Clough and Forest territory. What an achievement. It was a debatable penalty they've just conceded but the ref, from his position, didn't have much choice. I'd love to see them get an away goal.

21 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

It was a debatable penalty they've just conceded but the ref, from his position, didn't have much choice. I'd love to see them get an away goal.

Didn't have much choice? He was standing right near the foul and it was clearly outside of the box. Nothing debatable about it. That was a terrible decision.

They (Leicester) could well get a positive result in the return leg. 1-0 isn't much of a lead. If Leicester can keep a clean sheet, they have a chance. I'd mentioned Forest and Clough because winning the Premier League from nowhere and then doing this well in the Champions League is probably as difficult as what Forest achieved all those years ago. Forest did win it however teams weren't as strong as they are now. If you look at Barcelona or Bayern or any of those perennial European clubs who reach the knock out stages, every single one of them is full of international players. It's a massive achievement for Leicester.

I think his season has been overrated in some quarters but Alexis has still probably been better than Ibra. Could make a case for Alli over either of them I guess.

Kante was dogshit for the first couple of months before Chelsea moved to 3-5-2 whereas I think Hazard has been more consistent for them.