IGNORED

Football Thread 2016/17

Plissken

2 hours ago, Timmo said:

"Haters"

Are you Istanbul's replacement?

Did he leave?

It's just a bit of a joke, mention the consolation goal of a superb display of football by Liverpool. 

No doubt because his own team came unstuck against their superior neighbours.

5 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Liverpool did indeed beat Leicester but also lost at Burnley.

They have been Schrodinger's team ever since Klopp joined. Their best is simply incredible, but their worst is also incredible, just for different reasons. I wonder if they'll get a bit more consistent when Karius begins to start, and maybe if they sign a Moreno replacement in January?

21 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Not a great start for Joe Hart

I'm waiting for the pundits to tear into him now like they did with De Gea when he first joined us and now Bravo after his poor start.

Hart doesn't even have the excuse that Stones was under him.

I thought Giroud was fouled to be honest, Lovren definitely had a hold of his shirt. Not normally given but perfectly reasonable to do so.

Long was fouled by Monreal earlier in the move though, and the referee should have stopped the game for the head injury to Koscielny, so it was still fortuitous.

It's not that odd, Andre Mariner has been shocking, Last seasons refereeing standards are still in full effect.

There's no point having talented attacking players in the league as they aren't protected by the inept weak refs who allow the oppo to kick them off the pitch. So poor.  

14 hours ago, Chewylegs said:

The problem is, if any shirt pulling is a foul then there will be penalties every game.

Yes?

Or more to the point it'd be penalties for 2 weeks until they learn that the FA finally aren't kidding like they were with anything to do with respecting the ref in any fashion.

6 hours ago, Dudley said:

Yes?

Or more to the point it'd be penalties for 2 weeks until they learn that the FA finally aren't kidding like they were with anything to do with respecting the ref in any fashion.

Indeed. "The problem is that it happens all the time" is precisely why people want it stamped out.

On 9/11/2016 at 15:30, Liamness said:

They have been Schrodinger's team ever since Klopp joined. Their best is simply incredible, but their worst is also incredible, just for different reasons. I wonder if they'll get a bit more consistent when Karius begins to start, and maybe if they sign a Moreno replacement in January?

Eh? We were like that under Rodgers, too, it's definitely not something that Klopp has brought about.

7 hours ago, christaylor said:

Anyone else think Chris Sutton seemed to be very confrontational, almost angry on MOTD2 last night? Was quite amusing watching him Mark Chapman squirm.

I think that might be his 'thing' when he does punditry.  He was much the same ahead of the Old Firm game too, he's ex Celtic so obviously he's going to pull for the hoops but he dismissed Rangers central defence as being shocking, not often you hear ex players being rude about fellow professionals. 

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

Eh? We were like that under Rodgers, too, it's definitely not something that Klopp has brought about.

Well, the inability to defend has carried over, yeah. But I think he at least got them in spells of good / bad form. With this Liverpool, you genuinely don't know what you're going to get each week.

Sunderland are woeful at the back. Lukaku has been allowed to do whatever he wants inside their 18 yard box. Everton look really good going forward but they've been helped a lot by Sunderland being inept. Hattrick and 0-3. If they get another (likely), they'll go 2nd.

Bad manager versus good manager tonight. In fact more than that. Forward thinking club versus backwards club. Our chairman said when he hired Moyes that he'd been his target for a long while. Just about sums up our approach, small thinking, low ambition, negative approach to all of our business. We had something like 30 odd percent possession playing at home, it could have been 0-6, the whole club haven't got a clue. We're going down, no question. I can't think of 3 worse teams than us, hell I cant think of 1 worse/ Even Hull in turmoil, temporary manager, a squad of 14 or so fit players and a small dachsund named Colin, are better than us. Defoe is the single bright light in that team and he'll not stay pas January if this keeps up. Moyes to be sacked with 6 games to go, we have become a parody of ourselves.