IGNORED

Football Thread 2016/17

Plissken

24 minutes ago, stefcha said:

He'd probably still get sacked, just not as quickly.  Fuck it, it's got to be worth a throw of the dice just for any mentalness!

odds

Alan Pardew 5-1

Eddie Howe 6-1

Steve Bruce 15-2

Gareth Southgate 9-1

Glenn Hoddle 9-1

Gary Neville 12-1

Jurgen Klinsmann 12-1

Alan Shearer 14-1

I think Eddie Howe is too young, Pardew is just as scummy and self serving as Allardyce/Redknapp, Glenn Hoddle hasn't managed in years...

Bielsa wouldn't be about 'hiring a foreign manager that implies we don't have managerial talent in this country', but an admittance we do but they could do with more experience before taking on a job that would chew them up and spit them out. I think if Bielsa could give England an identity that does away with focus on star players the media like to lean on, Howe would be a better fit after a few more years stabilizing Bournemouth as a premier league mainstay. Even Southgate working under Bielsa because Southgate has done well with the under 21s.

9 minutes ago, Danster said:

Anybody else watching the Jimbo goal show on BT Sport1? It's like live football weekly with hghlights and goals :) 

Weird seeing the face of the voice for some of them though...

It's the only way I watch Champions League games these days. Proper journalists instead of Lineker and friends and going between each games removes the tedium of the early group games.

It might have been worth waiting to see what the Telegraph has in store next before sacking him. The entire English game might have been exposed (officially) as corrupt by the end of the week.

Sean Dyche is getting a few mentions as the next full time coach and I think he's my flavour of the month for the role too.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke. Remember that documentary about agents and bungs years ago with BFS centre stage (and his son ?) Also I remember Ravel Morrison (another tool)n on twitter banging on about how BFS was on his case every day to move agent to his preferred one like the rest of the WHU team he brought in, and how it was affecting him in training.

Looks like he put his big square snout into the trough once too often .

Shame.

13 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke. Remember that documentary about agents and bungs years ago with BFS centre stage (and his son ?) Also I remember Ravel Morrison (another tool)n on twitter banging on about how BFS was on his case every day to move agent to his preferred one like the rest of the WHU team he brought in, and how it was affecting him in training.

Looks like he put his big square snout into the trough once too often .

Shame.

I wouldn't get to excited, he will be West Hams manager before christmas - good friends with the board ;)

100% win record tho, not bad on the ol CV!

18 minutes ago, angel said:

One one hand he's obviously an idiot for being so indiscrete, but I'm not sure i'm too much of a fan of these newspaper entrapment schemes.

lol? They're investigative journalists trying to expose dodgy dealings and corruption, and that's what they've done. Legally it's not even remotely close to "entrapment".

18 minutes ago, The Fox said:

lol? They're investigative journalists trying to expose dodgy dealings and corruption, and that's what they've done. Legally it's not even remotely close to "entrapment".

I agree, I didn't say they're wrong, it just creates a strange grey area. For example, John Higgins offering to throw frames a few years ago in snooker. I was really disgusted by that as a big snooker fan, but after investigation he basically got off. His defence was that he felt threatened and was saying what he needed to to extract himself from the situation. I watched the video though and he didn't seem under all that much duress. The snooker scene seems to have totally accepted it all too, and he's back to being referred to as a world class player and a great man.

For not one second do I think its wrong, Sam had to go. I mean anyone being taken in by the old "far east corporation" scam should be fired on the spot for stupidity never mind anything else, but I'm just not overly thrilled at the constant attempts to trip everyone up. I know that corruption is frowned upon a lot more in this country that certain others, but I do think there's a certain glee in self sabotage.  But it is correct, he had to go, completely intenable. I mean, he slagged off a member of the Royal family. You can't manage England after that, never mind the rest.

21 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Earned £550k and had to manage 1 game. Nice work if you can get it. 

He won't have, breach of contract, I doubt he keeps it, certainly backdated to the events that transpired if not worse.

1 hour ago, d ebolenk said:

odds

Alan Pardew 5-1

Eddie Howe 6-1

Steve Bruce 15-2

Gareth Southgate 9-1

Glenn Hoddle 9-1

Gary Neville 12-1

Jurgen Klinsmann 12-1

Alan Shearer 14-1

God, what a depressing list. I'm sure someone will be offering odds on Alan Curbishley and John Gregory, just to add to the misery.

Can't say I'm sad to see Sam go. The way he bent over for Rooney in his first game was embarrassing.