Football Thread 2016/17

Plissken

Hmm. Never heard of three of those players. In looking up who "Klavan" is I saw this interesting snippet on his Wikipedia page:

Many believe Ragnar Klavan is the son of famous Liverpool tramp 'Jacko' (the guitarist who played the cardboard cutout) Klavan is said to of conned a living posing as a no nonsense central defender, when actually he had never previously kicked a ball. Klavan also likes to eat children and smoke Rhinoceros horn and still gets haircuts from his mother, the Sheil Road pro.

Liverpool haven't won in the premier league this season without Mane.

Liverpool haven't won away from Anfield in the premier league in 2017

Liverpool's 5 losses this season have been against teams in the lower half of the table.

I predict an 0-8 Liverpool win

3 hours ago, tbb said:

Liverpool haven't won in the premier league this season without Mane.

Liverpool haven't won away from Anfield in the premier league in 2017

Liverpool's 5 losses this season have been against teams in the lower half of the table.

I predict an 0-8 Liverpool win

That'll do. 

Was thinking of doing that countdown thing again, but most of the main things are kind of sorted already.  Boro and Sunderland are down, Newcastle and Brighton are up.  Not much in the way of doubt around the leagues aside fr five clubs battling to get/avoid one promotion or relegation place - bit of a shame really.

I love my team, quote from big quinny on commentary "I dont think sunderland touched the ball from kick off to conceding the goal".

It doesn't even upset me any more, my approach to sport these days is just wanting to see the better team win. We're shit, and we need to go down.

Reminds me of Aston Villa last season. The only redeeming part of the entire experience was that when opposition fans decided it was time to take the piss (in April/May) they'd missed the window of when the prospect of relegation bothering us by several months so we were immune to their taunts. 

Watching Everton vs Leicester on MotD2, that Benalouane fella in central defence for Leicester had a shocker didn't he?  Caught ball watching a lot, allowed attackers to bully him and looked hugely off the pace.  No wonder he's barely featured since Leicester signed him. 

13 hours ago, Nayson said:

Watching Everton vs Leicester on MotD2, that Benalouane fella in central defence for Leicester had a shocker didn't he?  Caught ball watching a lot, allowed attackers to bully him and looked hugely off the pace.

He'll be off to Liverpool sooner rather than later.