Days Gone - Sons of Anarchy x Last of Us

Jamie John

Finished this just now — was quite happy with it by the end! 

Now I think I need to amble around waiting for some remaining story endings to trigger, though. Which isn’t ideal. I’d Google the details/whether I can force them but feeling very spoiler conscious!

It all happens soon enough. I do not remember if certain places trigger events, but just stop by Iron Mike’s camp and the one way down south (forgot its name).

Triggered all the main ones — some nice touches in there. And a dose of pure insanity. 

Shame a sequel isn’t on the cards. Makes me think of a franchise like Assassin’s Creed — the first one laid the groundwork, but it hit its stride after. I have a feeling this could have been similar. 

I felt it had hit its stride here already - I'd much rather play this than any open world Ubisoft game, for example.

Yes, even Fenyx Rising, which was genuinely pretty great and doesn't deserve to be lumped in with the rest of them.

Starting to get into this now, second camp open, slowly upgrading the bike. I still struggle when there's more than a couple of zombies, is there something I'm missing to make dealing with them easier?

57 minutes ago, Minion said:

Starting to get into this now, second camp open, slowly upgrading the bike. I still struggle when there's more than a couple of zombies, is there something I'm missing to make dealing with them easier?

Two? Just divide and conquer. Run away, batter one then deal with the other. Might be worth upgrading your melee a bit.

Wait till you have 200...

Sorry I mean like 5 or more, like there's an infestation around the cemetry and I cleared the first nest but I was also being attacked by at least 5 of the fuckers at the same time so I kind of rode in on my bike jumped off threw the molotov and got back on the bike, this was after trying to fight them numerous times and dieing. I feel like I'm missing something.

I’m about 15 hours further in than you and can still get overwhelmed by a few of them quite easily. 

for me, that’s the best thing about the game. So far, the world never feels safe. 

Use focus to get headshots to minimise your use of ammo. Try to kite groups through small spaces so they have to bunch up, then quickly lob a molotov to set them all on fire. If they're not aware of you yet then stealth kill any stragglers or use rocks to separate out individuals. Lobbed fuel cans also make a great distraction + fiery death combo early on.

This has grown on me after originally dismissing as yet another open world game. Started last week and currently at the camp where you meet Iron Mike. Very impressed with the PS5 patch, almost looks like "this" gen.

3 hours ago, Minion said:

Sorry I mean like 5 or more, like there's an infestation around the cemetry and I cleared the first nest but I was also being attacked by at least 5 of the fuckers at the same time so I kind of rode in on my bike jumped off threw the molotov and got back on the bike, this was after trying to fight them numerous times and dieing. I feel like I'm missing something.

I've been trying to kite them so I can take them on one at a time and also trying to stealth up behind them for a free kill. I've also opted for the skill where you can repair your melee weapon using scrap so my machete kills them in 2 swipes and lasts for around 4-5 kills before needing repaired. Also the skill where you can kill enemies after being released from a grab. R1 is also your friend for rolling out the way.

What's the deal with the hordes? I've only encountered one (at a Nero Lab) and noped the fuck out. Are these to be taken on later in the game or am I missing something?

Apart from the gorgeous Rez Area X and the default PS4 Columns ones, all of the rest I have are shite. Busy artwork as a desktop with icons that do not stand out. I'm glad they dropped than shit on PS5, waste of space.

Jesus this game is annoying I've just restored power to a nero camp I thought I'd disabled all the speakers but no there's still loads of noise and now there's like 100 zombie that just swarm me, what the hell am I supposed to do? I can't get to my bike as the swarm is on it I have nothing to take out hundreds of zombies who can kill me in 2 hits yet it takes 5 hits of my nailed baseball bat to take one down, it's just not fun I feel like I'm missing something major here.

Edit: Oh I can just fast travel out, wow how ridiculous what's even the point of the zombies? Do they ever get fun to fight because frankly I'm finding the combat really unfun, a game full of big swarms of zombies should be fun, like the original Dead Rising.

Pay attention to the power lines overhead as well. They connect up to the generator so you can follow the cables to make sure you’ve cut/disabled all the loudspeakers.

25 minutes ago, Malc said:

Pay attention to the power lines overhead as well. They connect up to the generator so you can follow the cables to make sure you’ve cut/disabled all the loudspeakers.

Thanks. Yes I just did another one and made sure I took them all out by following the lines. I was in a bad mood earlier and the game didn't help but I just had a good session by playing it much more stealthily, well apart from the pipe bomb I dropped on a swarm outside a camp I was trying to take over. Still feels like the zombies are a bit OP to begin with, they dodge headshots and run faster than you and seemingly have endless stamina whereas I have the stamina of an asthmatic 5 year old. 

Drop it down to easy until you get a few upgrades. It’s either that or fall off it via frustration and lack of progress. Must whack it back up after a few hours/unlocks tho.

The Hardcore Player Of Games Community may disapprove because you ain’t playing on sweat level 6 but the difficulty is just a time gate, the only hard thing is patience and slowing yourself right down. You’ll be playing on easy mode soon enough once you start using the big guns or your health bar has been doubled.

• 2 weeks later...

Need some advice on what to do next

Spoiler

I've got to the Riding Nomad Again mission and got a warning that I'll be locked out of the North if I continue. 

Really enjoying this and don't want to miss out so what else should I have done by now? Every time I clear the mission list I end up getting a job (usually from the camp I've just left :mad:)

As far as I can tell, I've cleared all the infestations, rippers, drifters, ambush etc. Killed Carlos.  I've not done any hordes, are those optional?

33 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

Need some advice on what to do next

Hide contents

I've got to the Riding Nomad Again mission and got a warning that I'll be locked out of the North if I continue. 

Really enjoying this and don't want to miss out so what else should I have done by now? Every time I clear the mission list I end up getting a job (usually from the camp I've just left :mad:)

As far as I can tell, I've cleared all the infestations, rippers, drifters, ambush etc. Killed Carlos.  I've not done any hordes, are those optional?

You can't miss anything permanently, territorial lockouts are temporary - but they can last a while before the story threads are resolved and you're able to go back.

You will be locked out of the current region's merchants and camps for the duration, obviously, so you'll maybe want to stock up with some good stuff before you continue. And as for that last thing you mentioned, it's still early days (gone) yet.