rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  

God of War (2018) - Magni-ficent!

I'm getting this, early vibes seem to be very good from those who have played it.

What is the forum-favourite online shop these days? I know it used to be Shopto but their powers seem to have faded in recent years. Would quite like it a day early if possible! 

Shopto are still good at getting games early and they seem to easily be the cheapest for this right now.

This is £40.99 if collected instore from Smyths. 

As someone else mentioned above - isn't it a bit odd that the biggest game of the year (so far) isn't available to pre-order from Amazon 11 days from release?

• Upvote 1

Game, their well ordered shops, competotive prices and non-pushy sales assistants make it a pleasure to shop there.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, drob4 said:

This is £40.99 if collected instore from Smyths. 

As someone else mentioned above - isn't it a bit odd that the biggest game of the year (so far) isn't available to pre-order from Amazon 11 days from release?

Amazon seem to be getting terribly short stocked for their preorders recently.

Kirby and Bayonetta 2 both went out of stock about a week before release and Kirby arrived two days late (fine with me as got a fiver back for the failed Prime release day delivery).

15 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

Amazon seem to be getting terribly short stocked for their preorders recently.

Kirby and Bayonetta 2 both went out of stock about a week before release and Kirby arrived two days late (fine with me as got a fiver back for the failed Prime release day delivery).

Ah. Haven't bought a new release from Amazon in an age - only reason I'm looking now is because I have a gift card.

I ordered this back when Amazon had their £20 off a £150 spend.

This, Detroit, Spider-Man and Days gone @ £46 each. Less the £20 means £41 a piece.

Oddly none of the four have the extra £2 off for Prime members like other games.

Perfect rating from EZA:

"God of War doesn’t just feel like the next step for the franchise, but for the entire video game industry. Phenomenal visuals, rewarding exploration, and a deep, nuanced combat system contribute to an epic adventure that should be experienced by every human on earth. Santa Monica Studio is taking us all to Valhalla. "

SkillUp likes to break games down to a mechanical level. He goes deeper into the combat and build diversity and such. He's also not a big fan of Uncharted and Horizon and explains why this game differs from those.
His vids in general are well worth a look.

Seems like it's pretty special.

• Upvote 1

I bloody love the God of War games, but Kratos was always an insufferable prick in them. Glad to hear they've made him much less of a dick in this one :lol:

• Upvote 1

The originals were pure toxic masculinity nonsense so it's good to hear that they've managed to turn the franchise around so convincingly. I'm in.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

SkillUp likes to break games down to a mechanical level. He goes deeper into the combat and build diversity and such. He's also not a big fan of Uncharted and Horizon and explains why this game differs from those.
His vids in general are well worth a look.

Seems like it's pretty special.

This post has made me want to get this game, I found GoW games dull as dishwater and only really played the original to any degree but quickly got bored of it. Last of us is up there with the most confusing games ever, I really can’t see why any one likes it as it plays so badly with controls and shooting so poor you would have complaints in the ps2 era but then I’m not a story fan in games so I accept the major draw of that ‘game’ holds no interest to me.

If this really is a ‘best of’ compilation from all the games in that tweet then it seems a must play and I’m in!

• Empathy 1

Crikey, was expecting this to be a fun slash 'em up to play through at some point, not 'the game of the decade'.

Well blast, now I have to choose between this and Yak 6. It was always Yak 6 by a country mile, now I'm not so sure.

I'm still going to stay strong for Yakuza and then play this once I've finished.

But Sega are utter fuckwits releasing Yakuza opposite this.