IGNORED

God of War (2018) - Magni-ficent!

As much as I loved it I can agree with Harristowns comments on combat and set piece moments. I think the combat is pretty standard at best, but the world and story had me throughout. I would have liked to see more god Vs god vibes like the intro, but hopefully we will see more of that in the sequel. 

Regardless, I still love it. The god trying to be human take was my favourite string. It is what makes the intro so powerful I think. 

I am just pleased more people can now experience it via PC! 

Bloodborne please Sony man howay! 

I've had a brief go at this, up until the (first?) 'Stranger'. But it's not clicking yet.

As someone who's played probably four other GoW games, the perspective is really throwing me on this. I got an absolute kicking against the first troll a bunch of times too. Are there recommended camera settings that keep the game from being quite so claustrophobic and limited in the FoV?

8 minutes ago, schmojo said:

I've had a brief go at this, up until the (first?) 'Stranger'. But it's not clicking yet.

As someone who's played probably four other GoW games, the perspective is really throwing me on this. I got an absolute kicking against the first troll a bunch of times too. Are there recommended camera settings that keep the game from being quite so claustrophobic and limited in the FoV?

I find games like this make moving feel like your in a small car. Almost like rocket league or the guy in Austin powers, it’s totally not suitable for a melee action game.

I would totally buy a god of war collection remaster. I loved 3 and that’s the only one I’ve really spent alot of time on. That’s what god of war I’d to me, memorable wow moments.

24 minutes ago, schmojo said:

If you're on PC there are some options on PC Gaming Wiki

And to chip in on the current conversation, I'd say it's a solid 7/10.  I enjoyed the adventure and watching Kratos and the boy's relationship change, but the main gameplay of combat and weak-as-piss "puzzles" wasn't the most captivating tbh. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/01/2022 at 10:34, Oz said:

could this be the year I finally complete this? it feels a bit easier on pc. wonder if it is because of NVIDIA reflex or just placebo effect.

do you know what NVIDIA reflex does on a controller? is that just a mouse thing? 

Finally got around to starting this having downloaded it um 3 weeks ago.

This is a bloody stunning port, turned up all the bells and whistles in line with the GeForce experience recommendations and well it looks amazing and 60 fps without making anything sweat too much.

Played about 3 hours in, the combat is still great and Christopher Judge really owns Kratos.

Things are familiar enough four years later but can’t really remember the details specifically enough so feels like a largely new experience.

It does feel a bit easier then I remember on PS4…playing on normal and not died yet. Pretty sure that troll thing got me a few times first time around.

Nice to see all the controls customisation is still there too. Put the attack buttons to classic (seriously fuck Dark Souls trigger buttons for combat) and you can switch dodge from A to B…yay