Cubism One

1. Sie - 13.643

2. VN1X - 14.536

Tournaments

Spoiler

kcu3u9o.png

Won by Nathan Wind.

ABOUT

Reflex is a competitive Arena FPS that combines modern tech with the speed, precision and freedom of a 90s shooter. If you sunk countless hours into the Quake or Unreal series, Reflex will feel like a welcome return of the old school shooter feel. If you didn't experience classic arena FPS gameplay, you should immediately reclaim all those unwasted years by being part of Reflex! 

The game is currently at a alpha state. We don't have all the modes, most of the art is missing and we've yet to implement features like matchmaking and bots but we are making major updates to the game every month. 

For now, it's fun, we've got hundreds user created maps, regular competitions and streams. Get involved!

Current Features

• Old School Gameplay - A return to fast paced, arcade FPS! 
  • Game modes - 1v1, Arena, Race, Team Deathmatch, Capture The Flag and FFA 
  • In-game, multiplayer map editor - Build maps with friends then smear those friends across the walls. 
  • In-game replay editor - Easily create frag films and highlights. 
  • Scriptable UI - Completely customizable HUD via Lua scripts. 
  • LAN support - Grab your computer, your friends and a case of something caffeinated and enjoy the lowest pings possible through a tangled mess of CAT cable. 
  • Dedicated Servers - Run your own servers, with your own settings. Just one of our completely obvious features that should be in every game but for some reason isn't anymore! 
  • Responsive input - Input sampled 1000 times a second to provide an ultra smooth experience. If you miss, it's your fault, not ours. 
  • High Performance - Reflex uses a custom built engine targeting 120fps (and we don't cap framerates so melt your GPU if you want)
  • Planned Features
  • More game modes - Control, Juggernaut, Midair, Instagib + more. 
  • Matchmaking - Quickly find games of any type or simply jump on a server with friends. 
  • Advanced spectator features - Multiview, on-screen live statistics, spectator vs spectator. 
  • Statistics - Wins:Losses, per-weapon accuracy, kill/death ratio, player comparisons, item control, attractive bar graphs. 
  • Steamworks - Friends, achievements, player invites + more. 
  • Training and coaching - In game, step-by-step breakdowns with key-presses and timings. 
  • and more!

IMAGES

Spoiler

ss_0fb673f0284aa9c1dac8f48ae64257f4c4871

13585206_1759283314313074_34703866311718

ss_fcb1adfee48cf56dd8486e7d31b611507332d

ss_a74dc1e50474a9c73b3c61edce3a352de6694

13002463_1731225300452209_75697658629947

12322977_1686379101603496_66379224001108

886627_1717550438486362_1640434492106732

VIDEOS

Spoiler

I'm in no way able to articulate why this is the best thing since Q3A but my god it is! Made the thread so I can bother those who bought it to come play with me. Anyone on tonight? :D

• Upvote 1

I'm genuinely considering setting up a dedicated server

• Upvote 1

It'd have to be a box running somewhere I think.  Although I think I've sorted out that issue where the game isn't showing in the browser after you click Create Match.

Also I agree, this game is the best.  It's ridiculously hectic and perfect.

I'm sure PK wrenchalised me in mid air at one point. Great fun.

I'll hopefully be able to get on for a few rounds tonight. I'm loving this return to instant gratification gaming with the likes of DOOM, this and Rocket League. 

How bad is it Bradigor? I mean if it's snappy aiming you're worried about, worry not. You can just take out a wrench and whack people in the face with it. Nathan certainly seemed to get on with it quite well. (:angry:)

This is the most fun I've had with a multiplayer game in quite some time. Can't stop thinking about it lol. No team pressure, no objectives you have to go for, no bullshit, just good old unadulterated fun (the grunting and shouting on Teamspeak was hilarious). Hope to get some more matches on later today! I'll be on at around 21:00 GMT+1

New update btw.

We've been making good progress on the Character update, crouching is a lot of fun, keep an eye out for WIP updates on our social media outlets.

We also have some team changes happening. I’d like to take a moment to thank Newborn(Dave) so much for being a big part of the Reflex development team. We wish him the very best in his future endeavours, and ask the community to give him a round of applause for being a great part of the Reflex family for years. While he is moving on from day-to-day development with us, we hope to play some matches with him on our full release launch!

We’re currently developing the new pre-launch version of our website, which will include team bios for all the Turbo Pixel development family - including Shooter, Electro, Yasashii and Thaylia. The team is excited to share that Thaylia will be leading our community management, social media and general communications for Reflex, so say hi if you haven’t already!

And for today's big announcement, we've also put together a point release to address several on-going things! See the change log below 

Gameplay changes:

• Melee range reduced from 80 to 68
  • Melee trace range reduce from 12 to 10
  • Award "pineapple" now requires direct hit to be fatal

Experimental changes:

• Plasma cell damage reduced from 15->14 (is 12 in casual/competitive)
  • Plasma cell speed increased from 1500->2000 (is 3000 in casual/competitive)
  • Adjusted cell knockback for damage changes (KB should be same as casual/competitive)
  • IC beam now has a thickness of 1u
  • IC reload time increased from 44ms -> 50ms
  • Shotgun reload reduced from 800ms -> 1000ms (is 1000ms in casual/competitive)
  • Shotgun pellet count increased from 14->18
  • Shotgun pellet damage reduced from 6->5
  • Shotgun pellet spread increased

Improvements:

• Falling out of the world, telefrag, overtime & suicide no-longer count towards damage taken
  • Stats: games player, weapon usage, deaths, damage received/given are no-longer tallied in race mode
  • Updated console error "client: disconnecting due to full input queue, server disappeared?" to "client: server stopped responding"
  • Fixed issue where com_maxfps 144 wasn't working correctly (would actually clamp to 167) -- thanks cat smoker!
  • Added cl_predict_items
  • Added AwardNotifier sound
  • Slight tweak to megahealth pickup
  • Server now posts message to all clients if another client is disconnected due to steam authentication failure (may help track down disconnects)

Lua:

• Weapon definitions table now updated when ruleset changed
  • Updated Lua documentation "gameColors -> extendedColors"
  • Exposed replay a whole bunch of replay editor variables to Lua
  • Chat beeps now play from Lua

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed award spelling "Vengeance"
  • Fixed issue where setting sv_steam 1 in your console without Steam running would not allow you to create a server via the UI
  • Fixed bug where CTF flag would disappear
  • Fixed bug where burst gun did double damage at close range
  • VAC timeouts are now retried up to 10 times before disconnecting a client
  • Fixed issue where stats weren't properly writing when you quit a server (would rollback up to 1 minute)
  • Fixed issue where re-connecting to a server would report you are not authorised (because your own self was still timing out)
  • Fixed player collision vs brushes with sharp edges. (adding bevel planes)
  •  

Replay Editor:

• Added re_setentityproperty
  • Fixed issue where changing entity states via replay editor would occasionally cause next re_save to corrupt replay
  • Fixed issue where local camera didn't have correct extrapolation applied when attached to a player entity.
  • Fixes issue where camera when attach to a player was not using correct extrapolated position.

Cheers lads!

• Upvote 1

Last night was fun - my eyes were red, my left hand was completely cramped up, and I was consistently bottom of the table every match.  Felt like old times!

• Upvote 1

I'm in the team!

But haven't had a chance to play it yet. I will though, and I will be awful, so be warned..

• Upvote 1

I should be online today between 17-19GMT+1 so just drop me a msg if you fancy a round :D esp. if you want to play with VN1X in the evening, you'll need the warm up.. 

Hmm....this looks good. I think I might have to buy this before the sale ends.

• Upvote 2

It's really really really really really really good.

Also I am 100% on board with playing nothing but CTF tonight.

Is joypad supported on this or is it kbm only?  I used to be (and am probably worse)hilariously shite at old school shooters...

Doubt you'll have a lot of fun playing this with a controller. It's an old-school PC shooter through and through. 

Hey friends (wink wink nudge nudge).

MUC90Nf.png

Complete with our rllmuk colours of course. Join the Steam community group here.

• Upvote 2

giphy.gif

This week the devs have been working on new animation. Check out below the run animation against a wall.

Also I'll be on tonight after the football. 

Was playing a bit of this just now and then tried some CS GO deathmatch afterwards... brain did not compute.

Don't ruin this for me! :lol: let's not mention that it's like 1 out of 20 matches ok, thanks :P

• Upvote 1

Bought this last night but not played it yet. Looking forward to it though!

• Upvote 1