rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
bm

10 Second Ninja X - collect stars, reduce the price

I played this at Rezzed and it was one of my favourite games of the show.  Highly recommended. 

Yep, the discount earned will apply to all formats so do give it a go if you can.

Thoroughly enjoyed 10 Second Ninja when it first came out, to the point of getting all levels three starred on a keyboard, so this is excellent news to find out. 

This game is really quite spectacular and less than a fiver on PSN at the moment.  

It's wonderfully Meat Boy-esque (which considering that's is one of my all-time favourite games is some pretty high praise). 

Fantastic game. Playing on PC and my Titan X can get a solid 60 fps at 1440p.

seriously though, this is the most addictive game I've played in a long time.  Put a straight 3 hours in tonight, managed to 3 star every level for so far (think I've got 120 in total so that's 4 'worlds' done). 

Sublime controls, instant restart and a maximum of 10 seconds per go. Love it!

Surprised this isn't getting more love.  I've put in hours so far, 228 stars (3 starred every level I've played).  Amazing value and great fun.

Ooh! I liked the sound of this, it basically looked like Wario Ware + ninjas. I was holding out for reviews/other thoughts though because let's be honest, most 'indie' games this gen have been utter guff. Think I'll definitely be picking it up now.

Oh, one thing that made me a little hesitant was the graphical style. It looks a bit too 'Adobe Flash game from 2003'. Giving it a blocky, 16-but look would have worked wonders I reckon.

I've really enjoyed it, didn't catch the first game so the puzzle element took me by surprise, really addictive. Not ashamed of my fist pumping when I 3 star the trickier levels, at least until I check my leaderboard position. Just working my way through the legacy levels now.

Oh man, this is amazing! I'm basically playing level one over and over trying to get my time down.

The controls are absolutely perfect.

Amazingly, I'm finding this even better to play on Vita - I've smashed all of my times after a couple of goes. Real, real shame there's no cross save support.

Still really enjoying this, although I'm less keen when the levels become more puzzle-like and less straight up reaction tests.

One of the best things about it is when you pull off a three star you do really feel a little bit like a ninja.  Despite the fact you're sat on the sofa in your pyjamas. 

Just when I thought I was done with the game I try the marathon mode. Now with my first X rank last night (not saying how many attempts it took) feels like this is where the game is, everything before is just a warmup.

This has got to be one of the best time trial games I've played for a long time. The levels are short enough so restarting them isn't frustrating, and there are so many little strategies for getting a good time. The more 'puzzley' stages aren't an issue once you've figured the route, because then it's just about perfecting the run.

There are so many lovely little touches too: the levels are frozen and the countdown timer doesn't start until you move, for example, which is perfect for time trialling. The sword has quite a wide hit range, so I'm currently experimenting with that, pushing it to its limits. You can also perform two actions at once, which saves a lot of time in some stages, so it's essential to hold the right hand side of the Vita like it's an arcade stick, with one finger on each button. It's really, really excellent.