IGNORED

Fantasy Premier League 2016/2017

Smoothy

7 goals in a game and no assists or goals from captain Fermino and Sanchez is pretty unlucky. Altered my team for coverage, and long term. Mane would have got me points, Kane wouldn't. Aguero did, Redmond did. Lamela did seem more threatening. If Coutinho finally scores every other game I'll be amazed. I've had him in the 3 other times at the start, as I did Walcott, and they either get injured, don't start, or disappear.

Oscar was a risk based on will he play and Chelsea as a whole, thought he was on penalties like I did Vardy. Was tempted by low ownership with Oscar.

41 points, 20 on the bench is pretty bad. Totally knew Barkley would score first game though. Others I considered like Deulofeu, Ayew, Foughali, Gray, Townsend didn't though.

9 hours ago, Hellcock said:

Is anyone taking a gamble on Pogba?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I have him in my team until Ozil is back. If Pogba does well I will keep him if not then swap out for Ozil.

I've gone a bit knee jerk and stuck the likes of Wanyama and Capoue in but only because they are very cheap so it allows me to have some top strikers and top midfielders. They play regularly though so will get points everywhere and if they do start to do rubbish I'll just bench them to keep the better players on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Late to the party, didn't realise rllmuk had a league. Just joined - Dark Ponies (like dark horses, but a bit pony).

Having a good year so far (topping the work league) - looks like I'd slot into 4th based on the current standings. Played my first wildcard a few weeks back, but my other chips are still in the bag.

Rashford has gone up in price already. Couldn't decide if I should ditch Rondon for him last night, but hard to drop him on the back of 2 goals, an assist and 5 BP in the last two games, particularly when WBA have Sunderland next, even if their fixtures do turn to custard after that.

I've found you have to make your transfers quickly this season. People are so ready to jump on bandwagons that the players you've been keeping an eye on can go up in price before the weekends games have even finished.

I was thinking about getting Lallana in and he's already gone up since last night.

Also, damn you Cloney, I was going to be top until you joined the league!

7PM deadline tonight, don't forget.

Toyed with ditching Antonio for one of Lallana, Walcott, Son and Mata, but thought I'd give him one more week. He's being marked by George Friend at Middlesbrough, who is apparently having a shit season, so hopefully he can sneak a header or two in.

So, two transfers in the bank to repair the damage done by the international break. But I might cash out on Antonio if he blanks again tonight.

• 3 weeks later...

Holebas you beauty. Saved my gameweek and put me top! Good lad.

Really happy with my decision to sell Ibra and get Costa in when I wildcarded a few weeks ago as well. He's been pretty much my only consistent performer so far.

How are people finding it with the craziness of this season so far? I don't remember a season when there have been so many midfield players coming out of nowhere to get ridiculous points hauls. Son, Walcott, Capoue, Stirling, Milner, Chadli, Stanislas, Allen. Apart from Capoue, the backup who I've obviously never played when he's got points, if you'd had any of them in your team at the beginning of the season I would have laughed at you. Now I'm stuck wondering whether or not I should go for one of them even though I'm basically happy with my team. And then which one? Definitely the most interesting season I can remember in terms of choice.

Do we have a list of which forumite is which team anywhere? I'd like to know who my rivals are at the top. Maybe we could do one of those things where people quote the last post and make a list?

Forumite - FPL Team

The Grand Pursuivant - My Little Bony

Anybody here also playing Togga? It is a fantasy league with a draft system. Because of the draft system (i.e. nobody has the same players) leagues are only up to 12 players but it is a lot more entertaining and tactical than the standard FF game, particularly if you are already friendly with the players in your league. Not only does the ability to trade with other players add an extra layer of strategy, but the points system is much more sophisticated too meaning it doesn't just come down to goals, assists and clean sheets to build a winning team.

I dunno. I'm a pretty casual FPL player but I've always liked the idea of everyone having different players - it sounds like a massive hassle though (having just downloaded the app for a quick nose) and I don't want to be like those lame Americans who let it take over their life. 

It can definitely take over your life if you want to commit time to it but we have a few more casual players in our league too. With head-to-head matchups each week it really adds to the sense of competition. Once you've done the actual draft (which you can automate or create a list of priority players and let the app do the rest) it is simple to keep on top of. 

• 1 month later...