IGNORED

Fantasy Premier League 2016/2017

Smoothy

Not looking forward to the last week. I always get a red arrow without fail. So much rotation it feels like pot luck.

No idea how Chelsea will line up. Could be 7-0 will all their top players amongst the goals, or a virtual reserve team saving the big guns for the FA Cup final. 

Annoyed at Poch for suggesting Rose was getting fit as ditched Davies for Vert on my wildcard, missing out on his pair of assists that my money league rival bagged. Says a lot about fantasy football that I get 179pts and yet all I can think about is this one small fail. I need to get a grip! 

Annoyed at Poch for suggesting Rose was getting fit as ditched Davies for Vert on my wildcard, missing out on his pair of assists that my money league rival bagged. Says a lot about fantasy football that I get 179pts and yet all I can think about is this one small fail. I need to get a grip! 

Ha, same! I dropped Davies for Kompany. Doubly vexing as it means I'm at my Man City limit already, so I can't swap Hazard for De Bruyne in GW38 without taking a hit.

15 minutes ago, hellsbells said:

Hazard's proving to be a dilemma. Not sure whether to drop him. High chance he won't play but if he does could score big against an awful Sunderland side. 

I've dropped him along with Costa.

Third, and tight at the top! Ended with 100 points for the week, which is a nice cap on things. My best season ever, and the last few weeks were insane. Won my work league by 190 points, and smashed my older brother (my main goal when I started) by 300+.

Not sure if I'll do it next year, it was a bit life dominating. A lot of my success this year is down to my 7 month-old son, who had a tendency to wake up at 5AM, need taking downstairs to spare his mother, then sleep on my shoulder for another hour or two. That bought me time to shuffle my team, watch MOTD, check bookies odds, read Fantasy Football Scout etc. He's kind of grown out of that now, so it'll be harder to stay on top.

I'm weirdly tempted to make a home-nations only team next year, and call it First Round Brexit. Would still let me play, but reduce the decision space down to a more manageable size. I could still have Kane, Alli and Heaton, at least!

5 hours ago, Bushtopher said:

I snuck into the top ten - best ever finish for me!

@Hellcock - is that you in 148th? What happened? Austin as captain?!

I made a great comeback, I was further down!

My strategy is set. My second year of playing and now I know quite a bit about football. I will be top 10 next year, you heard it here first!

19th and retained my mini-league with friends so I'm happy with that, largely thanks to triple captaining Kane in the final double game week - being a Spurs fan finally pays off!

I had a disastrous start and a few weeks falling victim to stupid errors like forgetting to hit save team.  I think in general I wasted too many transfers on moving around cheap players trying to latch onto those that would boost in value.  Looking at it though there were only three 'cheap' players that really increased a meaningful amount - Josh King, Tom Heaton and Gareth McAuley.  All the others with big increases in value are at the more expensive end of the scale.

Next season I'm going to focus on big players and just not losing value with my cheaper options, wait for a real breakout like King instead of wasting transfers on the Negredos and Capoues.

On 21/05/2017 at 23:48, joeplus said:

Was hoping for top 10, but I'll take 14th. Definitely my best performance for a good few years. It's been fun, folks.

One point in it at the top, as well! Bloody hell!

I thought I had it on that final day. I was sitting there watching the Kane goals roll in, trying to figure out the totals with bonus points before the update, thinking it might actually happen! And then that huge troll Kompany comes off the bench, steals a BP from De Bruyne and clinches the title for @pompey88.

Congrats to you!

Enjoy it whilst you can, that title is mine next season! ;)

Unlucky - would have been a great comeback! 

Mind you, given how stressful trying to win a mini-league is, imagine vying for the overall title. Some poor bugger got overtaken on the very last day. It'd be incredible to come 2nd overall, but to miss out on top spot like that would haunt you forvever! 

On 23/05/2017 at 21:10, The Grand Pursuivant said:

I thought I had it on that final day. I was sitting there watching the Kane goals roll in, trying to figure out the totals with bonus points before the update, thinking it might actually happen! And then that huge troll Kompany comes off the bench, steals a BP from De Bruyne and clinches the title for @pompey88.

Congrats to you!

Enjoy it whilst you can, that title is mine next season! ;)

Sorry for the slow reply, it was almost a great comeback! Not having Kane effectively ruined my last two game weeks and I dropped from a 400 ranking to 2K. I was 150 points clear of my work mini league so had a bit of fun on the last week with Sturridge and others which never worked out either. 

It it was a good battle all season, unlucky! I'll be back next season to try and win it by two points this time. ;)

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Will you be creating a FPL draft league also?

Not done one before, but happy to. The Fantasy site hasn't been updated for next season, but I'll create a new thread for the main league with the new code and one for the draft leagues.

Info about the FPL Draft (for anyone else that didn't know what it was :blush:). I've always wanted to try one of these, so I'm definitely in.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/427772