EFL Championship 2016/17

Timmo

Not a clue! I'm not getting carried away since with us that's usually when we get pumped by someone and come crashing back down to Earth but we've been quite 'un-Town-like' lately (seeing games out, recovering from being pegged back, getting late winners instead of conceding at the death etc) so who knows. Your defence might not be that much of an problem for you since one big issue that's continued from last season for us is poor finishing.. Van La Parra has really taken that to the next level so far.

Is your new striker likely to be playing?

Yeah I've heard a few terriers fans complaining about VLP's end product which was always his problem at Wolves too. 

It'll be interesting to see if Wells plays today, I've heard there was interest from Villa. 

The striker we signed yesterday, Paul Gladon, won't be playing, but our Icelandic striker will be I expect. 

4 hours ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

As I say, not the best.

Had to be Van La Parra as well after my last post. We battled well there, again quite unusual for us in the way the game played out.. Can't recall the last time we scored early and hung on to win. Good signs really.

Yeah would be him after having no end product for Wolves...

It seems like there was some real dislike on Twitter between Wolves and Huddersfield fans last week which I don't really understand, I'm also disappointed that VLP thought it necessary to react like that after his goal, and the way he acted on social media after the game, I don't think there was much need, he got plenty of support from Wolves fans during his time with us, he was just shit!

Anyway, congratulations on your win and great start to the season, I've always liked Huddersfield a little, if only for the fact that I love pointing out to arrogant West Ham fans down here that you've won three more league titles than them :)

Cardiff looking to be in a mess unless we suddenly spend some money before Wednesday.

We look weaker than last year (where we punched above our weight), have no strike force (only scored in 2 of 6 competitive games so far and one of them was 2 own goals), but most worryingly is we sold our decent back up keeper last week and followed that up by selling Marshall to Hull today - our excellent first choice keeper and captain!!!

What bloody club sells both it's keepers in a week?

8 hours ago, Rsdio said:

Quite a strikeforce they've got. Looking at Wikipedia that's £50m they've spent since coming down.

On players that (arguably) aren't good enough to keep if they go up.

Stearman going back to Wolves on loan. Hope he does well, always liked him but by God has he been shaky for us. He's also responsible for what is undoubtedly the worst performance I've ever seen from a Fulham player. 

No other news, really. Not much happening at the Cottage. Aside from a certain mr ADEBAYOR DESPERATE TO PLAY FOR THE MIGHTY BLACK AND WHITES.

undefined

Nottingham Forest, what have you done?

I'm 50% laughing and 50% envious.

It's hard to name a striker in the league more naturally talented (Forestieri?) and he could hit 20 goals without breaking a sweat.

On the other hand he could shave his head bald, join a Nottingham gang, and be dead before Christmas.

Hard to imagine any scenario inbetween.

18 hours ago, SuperMBo said:

I am furious.

Knudsen is not Championship standard. 

A different ref on a different day and that would have been a completely different result.

We did a lot of great defending, high up the pitch to shut down Reading, and lose to two dubious penalties.

44 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Derby have had 96 shots this season and scored one goal. 

And we just lost to the worst Ipswich side I've ever seen. They were utterly dire. 

Yeah, that's us. Could be worse - you could watch us every week.

In Mick we trust and all that. 

37 minutes ago, Baring said:

Sheff Wed turned it around well. 

You'd think it was the last week and we could secure promotion, not a Tuesday in early September. Good stuff though and hopefully sets us off on a run. We've got a decent few fixtures to do that in too. 

Really is the best league in the world. Those points could literally be the difference between a handful of positions at the end of the season, in most leagues it'd be one or two at most.

58 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Derby have had 96 shots this season and scored one goal.

That's a Theo Robinson ratio.

We had to lose eventually, shame it came from a goalkeeping error and that it was bloody Knockaert who put it in. He's always been a pain in our arse.