Sonic Mania

NEG

The levels are a little long for my liking but at the same time if there weren't enough things I could see the complaint going both ways (lack of things). It all depends on how it'll play when you get your hands on it, though. They could be faster levels (should you choose to play that way) than they seem.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That looks lovely, but I hope they add more movement/ripple effects to the pools of water. They look unnaturally still, compared to all the movement going on elsewhere. More like the Master System Green Hill's water pools than those of the 16-bit games.

Maybe it looks odd to me because the the water is constrained to pools at different levels, instead of EVERYTHING being submerged if it's below a certain height in the stage, as in Hydrocity, Labyrinth, Aquatic Ruin or Launch Base?

Some people are in a flap that the Switch physical release will cost more than the PS4/Xbone physical release because of "Switch Tax" even though there's no physical releases planned for any platform at all.

Well! About that music, there was chat at the panel about a possible vinyl release of the soundtrack, with an image of what it might look like:

C7EsoNnXUAAMDbK.jpg

If I can't buy a physical copy of the game, this is definitely the next best thing. Everything I've heard from the soundtrack has been amazing!

6 minutes ago, Paulando said:

I hope there aren't too many remixed zones, or at least, there are a decent amount of totally original levels :unsure:

This is going to be ace on the Switch though.

I'm going to guess it'll be 8 zones and split 50/50 between new and old zones.

Only four new zones is a bit shite. Why can't they have the confidence/budget to come up with six or eight brand new ones?

I'd probably buy DLC if they did it, but don't tell Sega that. :unsure:

17 minutes ago, NEG said:

But don't forget that the level layouts are all new regardless.

Not sure the layouts are all new, are they? Flying Battery looks VERY similar in places from the video clip. I know that level design like the back of my hand.

On 14/01/2017 at 12:49, NEG said:

Nintendo Switch version confirmed, here's some Tails following you around gameplay!

I only like Sonic 1. Didn't like 2 or 3 mainly because i think it plays so much better when played slowly. This looks like Sonic 1 and it looks great. I'm looking forward to it but i hope the new levels are as good as the classic ones :/