Star Trek Discovery - S3 streaming now - Everything Was Burnham

The contrast between this and The Mandolorian is ridiculous. 

Did Tilly say she had been having visions of Burnham.... even though she'd only seen her earlier that day? And Burnham and Saru had a whole conversation about how people were coping differently and how he'd kept them together... during fucking near-instantaneous time travel! 

First episode I have watched sober since season 1.

For the first time I have noticed the score- it's actually quite decent.

But Burnham remains a truly crap character. I haven't checked but presumably she must be popular with some?

4 minutes ago, drmick said:

First episode I have watched sober since season 1.

For the first time I have noticed the score- it's actually quite decent.

But Burnham remains a truly crap character. I haven't checked but presumably she must be popular with some?

Not in this thread she isn't.

I have seen plenty of people on Twitter fawning over her amazing acting abilities though. The mind boggles.

4 hours ago, Waggo said:

I must have done, but I honestly am enjoying this season having all but given up on it by the end of S2.

I'm with you, its certainly not perfect, or proper Trek, but its not terrible. Watching back to back with Mando last night really highlighted the quality difference between the two shows though!

I did like the brief shot of the future Federation Starships in that Burn sequence, some interesting designs

hlpq1ME.thumb.png.75a676967c14a23f16afd4a4a1c99600.png

17 hours ago, jonamok said:

Well, after enjoying eps 1 and 2, that third one was back to the usual level. The most stupid, unearned, insufferable pile of twee bollocks imaginable.

Thank fuck, it’s good to have the hate watch back.

Goes to show this show is triggering hate in many ways. I thought episode one was some of the worst tv I've seen since....well, discovery season two. While I didn't think episode three was good, it was far less offensive to my eyes than episode one.

I don’t think it’s quite as bad as the last seasons, but it’s not certainly not good. (Or star trek)

it just seems to be made by people who think they are being super clever. They want to make it seem so meaningful and heartfelt, the tearful eyes and swelling music. When in reality nothing really happened.

And when did they stop using Star dates?

I’ve not found it too bad this time around to be honest, but I do love reading the hate here.

I suppose one problem I do have with it is that we now know that no matter what happens in any theoretical post-DS9, post-Picard series, it all goes to shit and ends up with some loser hanging around a space station for 40 odd years. Oddly, by going so far into the future they’ve almost shrunk the universe in a way.

1 hour ago, Death's Head said:

I’ve not found it too bad this time around to be honest, but I do love reading the hate here.

I suppose one problem I do have with it is that we now know that no matter what happens in any theoretical post-DS9, post-Picard series, it all goes to shit and ends up with some loser hanging around a space station for 40 odd years. Oddly, by going so far into the future they’ve almost shrunk the universe in a way.

Nah, they’ll probably find Burnham’s robot suit floating around and use it to fix the past in the future. 

4 hours ago, deKay said:

Well, they need to come back in time somehow otherwise Georgeou's Section 31 series can't happen.

I used to think that, but I'm now thinking there's a fairly decent chance it either won't happen or be set in the future timeframe. 

i wouldn't be upset in the slightest if that wasnt a thing that happened. I dont know if its just the way Michelle Yeoh is playing her, or if Michelle Yeoh is a shit actress but christ her scenes are excruciatingly bad

2 hours ago, Nicky said:

i wouldn't be upset in the slightest if that wasnt a thing that happened. I dont know if its just the way Michelle Yeoh is playing her, or if Michelle Yeoh is a shit actress but christ her scenes are excruciatingly bad

She's a shit character played in a shit way by a shit actress. That's the problem there. 

Kurtzman seems to announce spin off shows based on which characters get the most hype from simpletons and bots on Twitter. The section 31 show is the most bizarre of the lot and seemed quietly forgotten after season 2 aired and everyone loved Pike instead.

Expect the cat to get its own spin off announced in the next few weeks.

Michelle Yeoh is an excellent action star and while her command of English is good she's never sounded particularly natural speaking it in roles compared to the ones where she gets to use her native language, So of course they put her in a role that demands she constantly spout one liners that sound really stilted.

• Commander Jameson changed the title to Star Trek Discovery - S3 streaming now - Everything Was Burnham