Star Trek Discovery - S3 streaming now - Everything Was Burnham

Spoiler

Here it comes, space Hitler is about to kill him with her bare hands... Oh! Apparently not. Anyway there's your contractually obliged kick out of the way. One per episode. Also this literally is the end of The Running Man.

Spoiler

No Stamets, when someone is talking to themselves it's not the best time to interrupt their lunch and tell them "oh don't worry I don't think you're cray cray..."

Anyway, back to Burnham... Any consequences yet...

Come on big money...

Stop stalling in a lift FFS!

Spoiler

Oh boy here it comes... Burnham's gonna ge...

WHAT?! Saved lives so it's a slap on the wrist? And the tear ducts get turned on for a speech. God fucking damn it.

I'm genuinely fucking gutted for Saru.

Hahahaha. You're crying but I'm laughing.

Spoiler

It won't have a single effect on Burnham going off and doing her own thing and roping every other fucking character into it in future though. In fact being stripped of command makes it MORE likely to be the Burnham show.

So, the last two episodes have given the tiniest sliver of hope 

Spoiler

when this show first aired, i was really impressed with the ship designs and interior shots, i felt that the people doing them did a great job but were having to be constrained with their tech being in the middle of enterprise and TOS, but now in the future they can go nuts and bring us some awesome concept sci fi, the refit this episode now means they gan go fully nuts with the sci fi concepts

what gets me know is we are in prime position for some actual trek. we are in the far future, the ship is now modernised, the crew have new kit, the ship can go anywhere, how about exploring strange new worlds and civilisations and boldly going where no one has gone before?

Spoiler

the bollocking of burnham - for fucks sake you are in front of an admiral, you just got chewed out for disobeying your captain to go on a personal mission, that should have ended with get her out of my sight, the leeway given to explain despite him saying it better be the best explanation ever and she just goes on like a Joey Tribiani "there was this racoon..." monologue was ridiculous. Her history of "well meaning" disobedience should have her nowhere near command.

people said worf should have had similar for choosing his wife over a key mission, but that man had built up a hell of a lot of leeway, looking at his history he had way more in his "positive things what he done for the federation" column that poochie

so who has money on her being the cause of the burn and the season ending cliff hanger being her going to fix this, which in turn upon her arrival breaks something new which becomes that seasons arc?

Burnham's character at this point is literally: oh no, consequences for my actions -> dawson.gif.

No wonder she likes hanging out with a genocidal maniac.

Spoiler

When she tearfully told Saru he made the right decision... I wanted to scream.

Burnham is the worst character in all of Star Trek. Neelix is like fucking Picard in comparison.

What's worse is I get a physical pain in my neck from all the head-tilting she does.

Fuck this show. Roll on next episode.

THEY'VE FUCKING WELL JUMPED 1,000 SHITFUCKING YEARS IN TO THE FUCKING FUTURE AND THE BEST SHITFUCKING FUTURE TECHNOLOGY THE FUCKING SHITHEAD WRITERS OF THIS SHITFUCKING SHITFUCK SHOW CAN COME UP WITH IS SHITFUCKING NANOGEL AND THE FUCKING BIT THEY THINK IS SUPER SHITFUCKING SMART AND THEY GO OUT OF THEIR SHITFUCK WAY TO SHITFUCKING HIGHLIGHT IS THAT IT DOESN'T SHITFUCKING LEAVE SHITFUCKED DIARRHOEA RESIDUE ON YOUR SHITFUCKING HANDS.

ARE YOU SHITFUCKING KIDDING ME YOU SHITFUCKING SHITFUCKERS?

HEY TILLY? WHERE THE SHITFUCK IS MICHAEL?!

SHE'S SHITFUCKED OFF WITHOUT SHITFUCKING TELLING ANYONE AGAIN.

THAT SHITFUCKING SHITFUCK! SHE DISOBEYED MY SHITFUCKING ORDERS!

YOU SHOULD SHITFUCK HER TO THE SHITFUCKING ADMIRAL

I TOTALLY SHITFUCKING SHOULD. SHOULD I TELL HIM HOW MUCH OF A SHITFUCK YOU ARE FOR NOT TELLING ME SHE HAD SHITFUCKED OFF UNTIL I SHITFUCKING ASKED YOU?

NO.

OK!

56 minutes ago, The Grand Pursuivant said:

THEY'VE FUCKING WELL JUMPED 1,000 SHITFUCKING YEARS IN TO THE FUCKING FUTURE AND THE BEST SHITFUCKING FUTURE TECHNOLOGY THE FUCKING SHITHEAD WRITERS OF THIS SHITFUCKING SHITFUCK SHOW CAN COME UP WITH IS SHITFUCKING NANOGEL AND THE FUCKING BIT THEY THINK IS SUPER SHITFUCKING SMART AND THEY GO OUT OF THEIR SHITFUCK WAY TO SHITFUCKING HIGHLIGHT IS THAT IT DOESN'T SHITFUCKING LEAVE SHITFUCKED DIARRHOEA RESIDUE ON YOUR SHITFUCKING HANDS.

ARE YOU SHITFUCKING KIDDING ME YOU SHITFUCKING SHITFUCKERS?

46 minutes ago, The Grand Pursuivant said:

HEY TILLY? WHERE THE SHITFUCK IS MICHAEL?!

SHE'S SHITFUCKED OFF WITHOUT SHITFUCKING TELLING ANYONE AGAIN.

THAT SHITFUCKING SHITFUCK! SHE DISOBEYED MY SHITFUCKING ORDERS!

YOU SHOULD SHITFUCK HER TO THE SHITFUCKING ADMIRAL

I TOTALLY SHITFUCKING SHOULD. SHOULD I TELL HIM HOW MUCH OF A SHITFUCK YOU ARE FOR NOT TELLING ME SHE HAD SHITFUCKED OFF UNTIL I SHITFUCKING ASKED YOU?

NO.

OK!

41 minutes ago, The Grand Pursuivant said:

THIS SHITFUCKING ESCAPE ISN'T GOING VERY SHITFUCKING WELL!

HAVE FAITH, THE SHITFUCK THIS SHOW IS ABOUT WILL SHITFUCKING SAVE US

WHAT SHITFUCKING REASON DO YOU SHITFUCKING HAVE TO SHITFUCKING THINK THAT THIS SHITFUCK WILL SAVE US?

IT SHITFUCKING HAPPENED  OFF THE SHITFUCKING SCREEN! SHIT THE SHUTFUCK UP!

At least somebody is enjoying this.

"I'd rather regret something I did than something I didn't"

Ah yes, St Burnham perfectly personifying the Star Fleet Prime Directive there.

To be fair, Burnham vigorously fucked the directive on Saru's planet in the last season and no-one heard the whimpers. This is at least consistent characterisation.

Hmm. Stamet's "I thought Trill carried their host's memories, not their soul!" line.

Maybe there's some meat there? What is a soul? What defines a soul as distinct from memories? Are people just the sum of their experiences, or is there something ineffable, even divine, that defines a person vs a mechanism? Is it something biological, or are the machine intelligences that enable our everyday existence and empower almost everything we do in some way deserving of acknowledgement or respect?

Narrator: this issue was never visited again.

The personal transporters need to be reigned in.

* Comedy lizard man: we've all had a laugh, end it now. This cannot continue.

* It's difficult to show a character making a point of walking away when they can apparate at will. Saru throwing a cream puff for a few steps and then remembering the beam-me-up button lacks gravitas.

* Discovery's transporter room is staffed by the proto-Chief O'Brien. He will destroy the ship. This needs to be explored.