Star Trek Discovery - S3 streaming now - Everything Was Burnham

Bloody hell that was bad. 

'i'm space broke'

Kurtzman and his team don't have a clue. Their idea cupboard is bare. 

Lindolof might have crazy BONESCRACK! ideas. But when paired with a great team at least he pulls his projects off every now and then. 

Kurtzman needs to get off the pot. 

The new Space-Thunberg guy already acted Burnham off the screen. The actor playing Burnham has zero subtlety, all wide eyed nearly-crying but showing inner steel gawping ridiculously secondary school drama class level crap. 

Welcome back to The Michael Burnham Show. 

"Computer, Is there life here, anywhere?"

"Multiple lifesigns detected"

*Screams in tearful joy*

"YEES, YES! OMG YEEEES!"

"Er, by multiple lifesigns I mean single celled organisms"

:unsure:

Stupid fucking script.

Thank fuck the thread is back to normal. For a little while I thought we were warming to Kurtz-Trek. 

I hope RLM carry on reviewing this season but I suspect they won't. Like politics is now so bonkers it's beyond parody, this is so flawed I wouldn't know where to start reviewing the flaws.

Spoiler

Imagine waiting at your desk for your entire life for some of the Federation's finest and you get St. Burnham

For it is written: The Burnham shall unite the scattered ashes of the once great empire, and order will be RESTORED throughout the galaxy.

3 hours ago, Nicky said:

yeah no thanks. the trailer was enough hyperactive bullshit nonsense for me.

I thought the same based on the trailer, but watched it anyway. I'm happy to say that the show was much, much better than the trailer made it look.

I mean, it was actually good.

2 minutes ago, Papaya Dance said:

Thank fuck the thread is back to normal. For a little while I thought we were warming to Kurtz-Trek. 

I hope RLM carry on reviewing this season but I suspect they won't. Like politics is now so bonkers it's beyond parody, this is so flawed I wouldn't know where to start reviewing the flaws.

Do you not have any compassion in your heart for Rich Evan's continued suffering?

Just now, Benny said:

Do you not have any compassion in your heart for Rich Evan's continued suffering?

I do, and it's clear the guy needs a break from it before he suffers a complete nervous breakdown. Purely from a human rights point of view I'd not like to see him continue. Mike could carry on though.

I can't get over that Burnham's found the equivalent of an insane Trekkie nerd hiding in his basement and instantly recruited him because he appeals to her patriotic pride. Meanwhile the rest of the galaxy wisely walks on by, avoiding the weird cunt :lol:

3 hours ago, Barnard said:

'i'm space broke'

This line made me so angry. I've just sat and watched the first episode and it's literally the only thing I can remember about it now. It's like that time Picard was looking through his photo album in Nemesis, and all the photos had space borders around them. Why would someone from a space-faring culture say 'space'-anything? Do I tell people I'm about to get in my roadcar and go to the moneybank so that I can buy some earthfood?

Here's my theory for what caused The Burn:

Spoiler

In an effort to escape his catastrophic bar tab, Morn summoned enough energy to catapult himself into the future, burning out the galactic supply of Dilithium in the time eddies left behind him in his wake. He now works for the Orion Syndicate because it's a good place to lay low and stay out of trouble.

I hate this show. I hate everything about it. I can't stop watching...

I reckon 'The Burn' is short for 'The Burnham' literally destroying Star Trek.

The future used to be bright and hopeful.

I've watched about the first twenty minutes of the new episode. That's about all I can manage for now. Watching Burnham constantly feeding off her emotions is tiresome.

Also... "Stand up!" She stands up. "Walk!" She walks. And oh no, she appears to be injured. But not enough to have a gratuitous martial arts fight on a beach.

I'll hate watch the rest of the episode tomorrow.

Hate to say it but I did enjoy this more than I thought I would

I think its the idea of having to rebuild a Federation from scratch that intrigues me the most. That and hearing all about the stuff that happened in between TNG era and now (a Temporal war was mentioned and the "Burn" of course).

Of course the one thing that ruins it is perhaps the worst Starship crew in history being the ones to rebuild. I would have rather had the cast of Voyager reunite for that role (including Neelix)!

• Commander Jameson changed the title to Star Trek Discovery - S3 streaming now - Everything Was Burnham