IGNORED

Star Trek Discovery

Commander Jameson

3 hours ago, sir podger said:

There are too many loose ends with Discovery. When will we get the scene where Burnham gives Kirk the idea for the corbomite manuevre? When will the Q continuum be shown to be a creation of Michael Burnham? Burnham inventing warp drive, Burnham goes to Bajor and find outs the wormhole aliens worship her? and the most obvious, In the style of V'Ger, we find out that the Borg is just a shortening of Burnham.Org that's been shortened over eons.

Thanks for the spoilers Kurtzman.

The most important question I want answering is why the hell is she called Michael????????

It is a blokes name FFS.  Being sad I googled if Michael can be used as a female name, and the answer was no the female version is Michala.

Pretentious Wankery if you ask me.🖖

10 minutes ago, Waggo said:

The most important question I want answering is why the hell is she called Michael????????

It is a blokes name FFS.  Being sad I googled if Michael can be used as a female name, and the answer was no the female version is Michala.

Christ of all the things to complain about with this show you went with gendered names.

22 minutes ago, Waggo said:

Tell that to Princess Michael of Kent !

She's called Michael because Bryan Fuller likes giving his female leads names that are traditionally male and that was one of the few things that managed to stick around from whatever Discovery was originally meant to be following his departure.

Dead Like Me - George

Wonderfalls - Jaye

Pushing Daisies - Chuck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

They went back to the original 1980s concept art rather than basing it on the limitations of 1980s and 1990s TV prosthetics technology.

Edit - I’m not going to say something like “it’s not even possible to make the Ferengi worse” obviously.

1 hour ago, jcafarley said:

Ugh, they really don’t know how to write anything that isn’t about ‘the end of everything.’

Like it's being written by a ten-year-old. 

Luckily, the crisis will be averted by Burnham doing whatever the fuck she wants and then getting promoted again.

"There's a fine line between a pendulum and a wrecking ball". That's where all my clocks have been going wrong then. 

In fairness, that looks awesome. 

Spoiler

Is not something I've ever said or am likely to say about Discovery. 

I'm out. After hate watching it all up to now, it looks like they've learned nothing and are just doing the same story again. Another worst thing the galaxy has ever seen? No way! It's only been 5 minutes since the last one had a teary farewell.

"let's fly" sounds shitter every time I hear it, and it started shit. 

I don’t get why they’re trying to make “let’s fly” a thing. 

“Engage” is obviously linked to Picard, but it’s not like he was the only one to say it, the other captains don’t have catchphrases do they...  nothings  Jumping out at me now I’m thinking about it.