IGNORED

Star Trek Discovery

Commander Jameson

That's interesting. I'd have (not quite hate-)watched it if it was on there, as I imagine most of us here would have. They'd have got the viewership, even if those viewers just spat vitriol online. Wonder why they're not going to have it? Maybe the first three seasons did too well and now the rights holder (CBS?) want to charge more money than Netflix think it's worth? So it'd be on whatever the owners' streaming service is?

2 minutes ago, Fuddle said:

is that a dig? 

people who can watch it legitimately enjoy it,

people who watch it other ways are just hate watching?

maybe I'm reading into it 

I think you got the words the wrong way round there. The tweet hopes that people who can legitimately watch it - people who aren't forced to pirate it now that it's not on Netflix - enjoy it. 

1 minute ago, AK Bell said:

Time to stick the old series DVDs in my letter to Santa.

On this news, there doesn't seem to be many people kicking off and complaining that this was pulled at the last minute on social media. 

They probably haven’t found out yet. I’m more concerned about the other Trek shows disappearing from Netflix. 

4 minutes ago, Vespa Alex said:

They probably haven’t found out yet. I’m more concerned about the other Trek shows disappearing from Netflix. 

I've actually already made a start getting the rest of them on disc. Can't find a cheap TOS box set, which is another concern they're going to stop them too. 

45 minutes ago, Vespa Alex said:

Yes, this is potentially the much bigger problem. I've really enjoyed having all the episodes availible to watch instantly on Netflix. 

4 minutes ago, McCoy said:

Yes, this is potentially the much bigger problem. I've really enjoyed having all the episodes availible to watch instantly on Netflix. 

It’s my only comfort viewing left on Netflix, so I’m considering closing the account if it goes. 

8 minutes ago, McCoy said:

Yep. I’ve done DS9, Voyager and *almost* all of Enterprise watching on my phone and tablet, and will be doing TOS and TNG assuming they stay. 
I’m not taking a DVD player to the gym :)