IGNORED

Star Trek Discovery

Commander Jameson

ten minutes into my lunchtime hate watch of season 4 episode 1.

"let's fly" can get to fuck already. Burnham is being Burnham and continually smug smiling

Spoiler

i like the new federation president. her relentless "you're a shit captain, stop thinking the universe revolves around you" attitude towards burnham makes me happy

1 hour ago, sir podger said:

Hide contents

i like the new federation president. her relentless "you're a shit captain, stop thinking the universe revolves around you" attitude towards burnham makes me happy

Spoiler

She'll come round, they all do. 

I've not watched anything yet, but I am 100% confident of this. 

As a fan of Star Trek : Discovery, I'm genuinely gutted that they've pulled this shitty manoeuvre...with literally no heads up as I thought I had read that it was due to come to Netflix! Held out on the Mandalorian, as a sub to D+ was already planned but am I fuck subscribing to P+ next year to get the content I already had! 

21 hours ago, AK Bell said:

Hide contents

She'll come round, they all do. 

I've not watched anything yet, but I am 100% confident of this. 

Spoiler

I'm calling this the Reverse Nechayev. Remember how everyone hated Admiral Nechayev in TNG because she was a cunt to Captain Picard despite him being consistently awesome? If the new president is constantly slapping Burnham down she could become the new hero discovery needs!

11 minutes ago, IcEBuRN said:

Do companies like Netflix get advanced previews of the whole season?

Like, I'm kinda guessing maybe they saw it, lolled into a cabbage, then cancelled their offer for it.

No.

Firstly, many shows aren't anywhere near finished being made before they start airing.

Secondly, Netflix didn't cancel their offer. Viacom basically bought out the deal to make it exclusive to them.

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

No.

Firstly, many shows aren't anywhere near finished being made before they start airing.

Secondly, Netflix didn't cancel their offer. Viacom basically bought out the deal to make it exclusive to them.

Nah, I prefer my version.

On 18/11/2021 at 13:21, sir podger said:

ten minutes into my lunchtime hate watch of season 4 episode 1.

"let's fly" can get to fuck already. Burnham is being Burnham and continually smug smiling

Reveal hidden contents

You know she'll be put in her place soon enough.

I thought that was okay, but it still had its share of eye rolling moments.

Spoiler

There was thankfully a payoff, but the relentless smugness of Burnham and her crew was getting on my nerves. You're on a life or death rescue mission. Act like it!

That smugness added to a general lack of threat for most of the episode, from the opening silliness right up to the the final couple of scenes. I realise there was a point, and hopefully something the show will build on, but it was still an issue up until the point was finally made. 

Then there was the Burnham "death" fakeout, complete with dropped out sound, slow mo and all the rest, only for her to reveal a magic space-suit and carry on as if nothing happened.

Oh, and obviously there's the whole universe in peril thing again.

But despite all that I thought it was okay. I'm long past trying to make this show fit into my idea of the Star Trek universe, and at least the setting now puts enough space between it and the time period when everything made sense. I give it two weeks before it's back to toasting space nazis.

To all of the International Star Trek: Discovery fans: we hear you. We love this series too. We love it for the incredible cast, the hardworking crew, the imaginative storytelling, the groundbreaking, diverse characters who bring the show to life and what it represents to so many people around the world. Star Trek has always put its fans first. We want to do the same.

Therefore, during this transition, we are doing everything we can to get the new season to you as soon as possible. Where Paramount+ is available in Australia, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Finland, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Sweden, Uruguay, and Venezuela, the first two episodes will be available Friday, November 26, with new episodes being released weekly. We are also offering Star Trek fans in these markets a new membership promotion on Paramount+ for 50% off for the first three months with code STARTREK.*

In Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom, Pluto TV, the leading free streaming television service, will drop new episodes at 9pm local time on the Pluto TV Sci-Fi channel each Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with a simulcast running on the Star Trek channel in Austria, Switzerland, and Germany. This will begin with the first two episodes on Friday, November 26.

In the UK, Germany, France, Russia, South Korea and additional select countries, we are also making Season 4 available for purchase on participating digital platforms beginning Friday, November 26.

We too are super fans of Star Trek and incredibly proud of Discovery. We promise to give this franchise and its loyal fans all the global love and visibility it deserves in our expanding universe on Paramount+.

https://intl.startrek.com/news/star-trek-discovery-season-four-lands-on-paramount-pluto-tv-internationally

On 20/11/2021 at 21:30, Barnard said:

These mega stories are going to screw up any chance of a big screen adventure for this crew. 

It would be like Insurrection - too much like watching the TV episodes. 

Nah that’ll be the twist.  The movie will  be a 2 hour poker session where Burnham starts crying at the end o f every hand.