Pro Evolution Soccer 2017

SMD

So we've been playing this multiplayer all weekend and it's just fantastic, especially compared to this year's FIFA. It's the first PES I've played in years and it's just so much bloody fun!

A couple of questions;

Whats the deal with no extra time? Do I have to turn that on? 

I've downloaded the option file on PS4, but whenever I go to play local multi it doesn't let me have the teams on if someone else signs in? Please help so I don't have to keep playing Man Blue vs Man Red. 

6 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

So we've been playing this multiplayer all weekend and it's just fantastic, especially compared to this year's FIFA. It's the first PES I've played in years and it's just so much bloody fun!

A couple of questions;

Whats the deal with no extra time? Do I have to turn that on? 

I've downloaded the option file on PS4, but whenever I go to play local multi it doesn't let me have the teams on if someone else signs in? Please help so I don't have to keep playing Man Blue vs Man Red. 

It won't allow the option files to be used with profiles that aren't signed into PSN. You need to log them in, even if they don't have PS+, and it'll work.

Hold the PS button and click on 'sign into network'. Done!

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Sloth said:

This is £7.99 on PSN at the moment for anyone that hasn't picked it up. It will probably end up on playstation plus next month now that I've bought it, but for that price its not too much to worry about.

i paid £15.99 and i was happy with it at that price. 

This is great isn't it. I have only ever been completely addicted to two console football games. The first is ISS 98 where I played the League so many times I wore out the cartridge and PES 3 where I spent hours playing the Master League without managing to become good at the game. Whenever I played my friend he would beat me comfortably because I was too accustomed to playing the AI. I haven't played a football game since PES 3 because I decided I wanted to complete some of the other games I was buying but at just £7.49 this was too tempting.

So far I've won a game comfortably on normal difficultly because despite not playing a PES game since 2003 I can somehow still remember the controls. I then bumped it up to Pro and was hammered 1-6 by Athletico Madrid but at that difficulty level the goalkeepers were keeping out the shots I'd expect them to. I'm looking forward to getting started on the Master League now which bears no resemblance at all to what it looked like last time I played.

For anyone else who's bought the game in the sale I used this Eurogamer guide to update the PS4 version

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-09-16-pes-2017-option-file-how-to-download-get-real-team-names-kits-badges-and-more

PESWord for the competition logos

https://www.pesworld.co.uk/ps4-downloads

And PES Universe for the correct teams names and logos

https://www.pesuniverse.com/pes-universe-option-file-v3-free/

9 minutes ago, g wings said:

This might be Xbox specific (not sure if online is cross platform) but be aware that Online Friendly generally means waiting ages and then playing against Barca.

Ok, but I am talking about someone specific - I.e. a friend. Looking on the konami page it seems I can.

1 hour ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Got Dirk Kuyt upto 100 overall rating on our three-player Master League!

We're not sure if it's possible to go higher. Looking forward to finding out though.

(I am fixed on Kuyt, my mate is fixed on Rooney, @Mike controls the rest.)

Amazing scenes!  You play this locally right?

In some previous PES games it's been possible to go over 100

What personal data settings do you use recommend? Don't think I'm ready for full manual - but also want to feel in (pretty much) full control :)

I'm also having trouble deciding on my controller configuration. I used to be PES through and through until around 7/8 years ago when I jumped ship to FIFA. Having trouble training my brain to go back to PES controller configuration, even though I used to play so well with it. 

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 20:43, meatbin said:

But, do they get rights for all the other players?

All of the current players or legends?

All of the current players are licenced by FIFPro, the legends I would have thought that they were done on individual basis, but they wouldn't be stupid enough to just go ahead and use them without some sort of agreement in place.

So this is completely fucked for me at the mo. The latest patch means that if you are playing on a Pro and 4K, it will hang at the splash screen. The only solution if to drop the res of the Pro to 1080p.

Great job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...