Overwatch 2 - Now live, F2P - PC, Playstation, Xbox & Switch

tobert

1 hour ago, Meh said:

Like, there is no better feeling than ripping the other team's healers apart, then focusing a fully-charged beam on their tanks. It's fucking orgasmic watching them all die horribly.

Winston and Roadhog can be a nightmare, though.

I find the naughty little ninja to be most bothersome. Him and rocket angel lady.

It's awesome jumping in amongst a group that's already been softened up. Watching the energy beam flick amongst each panicked enemy player like a death dealing tongue of awesomeness is... orgasmic. Definitely the right word.

Planting those turrets in the most opportune and unobtrusive places is also a great little minigame. It fills me with glee to imagine enemy players getting fucked off that they're being zapped every time they turn a corner.

21 hours ago, Benny said:

Oh God.

:lol:  Rllmuk is infested with dirty Symettras! To be fair though I only hate playing against her, having a good Sym on your team is great, especially when she pops up that sweet teleporter just after you die.

I haven't been playing at all, I've been a bit bored because I played it way too much in the leadup to Anniversay. But with double exp weekend coming up I feel the need to try and get all those dance emotes! I'll probably get into it again properly once this new map and the new Reaper/Hog/Mcree changes come through, that changes things up quite a bit. The end of instadeath hog will make a big difference in competive play.

Eager too for a new hero, Orisa never much interested me. We need some new stuff to shake up the game! 

New Map Horizon Lunar Colony goes live next Tuesday 20th June, along with the aforemention changes to McCree, Reaper and most importantly fucking Roadhog. The Officer Dva and Oni Genji skins will also be added to normal loot boxes as well as a couple of UI/general fixes! 

Nobody complained about Road Hog until Blizzard started talking about it; now he's just getting changed every ruddy patch! It's like they just don't like him as a concept - but really he's just a mid-ranged sniper with an 8 sec cooldown to compensate the distance.

7 hours ago, Retroid said:

Nobody complained about Road Hog until Blizzard started talking about it; now he's just getting changed every ruddy patch! It's like they just don't like him as a concept - but really he's just a mid-ranged sniper with an 8 sec cooldown to compensate the distance.

Well there was also the fact that until recently that hook could pull you around corners and it didnt seem to matter if you broke line of sight with him or not. Don't know about a sniper who can shoot round corners. 

I think they made the right choice to change up Roadhog. His hook potential is just so good. Yes you can compare it to snipers etc, but Roadhog has 600HP, can self-heal and duke it out at close/medium range anyway unlike most other 1-shot characters. The fact is that the hook was the main thing you were always waiting for whilst playing him, I don't find his guns especially satisfying due to the spread and the randomness of the secondary fire. He was just too strong and you would see him as a favourite pick in solo queue because he works equally well alone or as a team. Really interested to see how he plays now - the hook defined him so nerfing it so much is going to be a huge change. I expect we will see Reaper a lot more now, which is a good thing. Die die die die.

What do you guys think of the changes from what you have played, and how is the new map?

4 hours ago, Retroid said:

Hanzo.

You know what I mean. If you die to a scatter arrow it's your own fault, if you see Hog, and run into a building to escape a hook but he hooks you anyway even though you're out of LoS that's a different matter. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2017 at 16:25, Fitzcarraldo said:

Nerf smurf. I'm loving Roadhog's increased fire rate. Still hook comboing the squishy characters which works for me. 

I used to internally scream when Roadhog hooked my 200HP Indian Woman. Now I chuckle sensibly and rip him apart.

Also, Doomfist seems to be around the corner :)

I think it's weird they actually did Doomfist, it was just a random name referring to a past hero in the first trailer that the community made a meme.

I'd prefer them to come up with a gameplay concept they liked first rather than be forced into designing something to pander.

• tobert changed the title to Overwatch 2 - Now live, F2P - PC, Playstation, Xbox & Switch