Overwatch 2 - Now live, F2P - PC, Playstation, Xbox & Switch

tobert

Yeah, you can use it - but you're at a disadvantage against anyone who can seriously use K&M. Blizzard have made small changes to console versions as characters physically can't turn as fast/accurately.

Of course, if you don't mind that small issue, PC may well be a better option for various reasons - longevity, performance, patches (possibly, not sure how D3's were on console) etc. 

Just double dip for the best of both worlds. Then the only question is which to buy first ;-)

I would wager the console price will come down though, whereas PC potentially not for a while..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a lot of laggy servers today, but otherwise am having tons of fun. Got another Mercy Play of  the Match :wub:  I'm supposed to be studying but.. last day of Beta, it's excusable, right? :blush:

Edit: so I just realized the last day is tomorrow and now I genuinely feel bad :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Illyria said:

I have a lot of laggy servers today, but otherwise am having tons of fun. Got another Mercy Play of  the Match :wub:  I'm supposed to be studying but.. last day of Beta, it's excusable, right? :blush:

Edit: so I just realized the last day is tomorrow and now I genuinely feel bad :facepalm:

It is? Any idea at what time? I'm on nights tonight, so the thought of being able to sneak in a few games before sleep sounds amazing.

I've managed to kick the addiction early.. Already played more than enough to know I'm in from day 1 (may even end up double dipping). It's going to be painful waiting for release day. 

Would love to see the figures for pre-order increases since the BETA started. 

2 minutes ago, DogEyedBoy said:

It does on PC, it's fairly short too.

They need to fix it for release on consoles then, seen people just sitting on the hero select for ten minutes (racking up xp as well no doubt).

It's been great fun discovering the usefulness of heroes I previously assumed to be a bit crap. Had a great game as Symmetry (or whatever her name is) planting a bunch of her little laser turrets on ceilings then waiting for attackers to walk beneath them while they were busy shooting at me. Plus her teleporter is a godsend for the team given the slow movement speed of so many heroes.

12 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

You can cash dupes in though, for a currency you can spend on the specific item you do want. In the long run dupes are probably better than new drops. 

The dupe I got was worth 5, less than the cost of any item, so in the long run (getting 100% on every character) dupes being of a lesser value than an item of equal rarity are definitely not worth it over an item you don't already have.

18 minutes ago, DogEyedBoy said:

The dupe I got was worth 5, less than the cost of any item, so in the long run (getting 100% on every character) dupes being of a lesser value than an item of equal rarity are definitely not worth it over an item you don't already have.

The more items you unlock the more dupes you'll eventually have and then the cash will start racking up a fair bit quicker, I imagine.

Your experience with this game can vary massively, i played three games on the trot where we were utterly owned as in couldn't get out of the base when attacking owned, they had Reinhardt shielding a bastion who had a healer working in the background, Snipers picking people of ninja dude slicing people up as they came out. Really disheartening.

Fortunately I jumped out and joined another game which was much better, closer fought battle. It just so dependent on your team, if you are being spanked you are just better off jumping out other it becomes a very frustrating experience