Overwatch 2 - Now live, F2P - PC, Playstation, Xbox & Switch

tobert

Who do you pick? I can only guess character unique traits have to be used to max points. I’m a terrible Lucio as I don’t wall ride (it’s confusing to me), I do enjoy doing damage so yay for Moira and Bap.

I used to play almost 100% moira and mercy. But while I'd be getting between 20 and 30k heals a game, we were losing more often than not. I figured that while healing was great, there was no utility, and that supporting rather than straight healing was better. So  ow I'm running Zen and bap and getting much better results, if less healing.

DMG wise I'm running mostly hanzo with some junk when we need choke damage. 

New Moira build released on the beta:

Short version: Biotic orb has an 'ammo' option, with the usual damage orb and a new necrotic orb that flies in a straight direct and explodes on impact with an enemy or object. Any enemies damages suffer a 70% damage reduction for 4 seconds.

That's huuuge. It's a massive threat to many damage ults like road hog or genji. It's a 16 second cooldown to compensate, but I don't see this ability hitting release as is.

Also healing orb has been nerfed to cap out at 250 health for a single target, whcih I suppose is to balance the damage reduction potential.

Got beta access.

Sojourn is great.

Junker Queen is great.

It’s a much faster game now, I’m not sure if I like it. I haven’t tried support yet but I imagine that is super stressful.

I mostly got dropped in old maps, none of which seem especially suited to the new 1 tank 5v5.

Tanks are very…tanky now. Hog in particular seemed like a bullet sponge. I mean, I know he was before but more so now.

It looks a bit nicer, I guess. I didn’t notice any change in sound (PS5), I thought they had added 3D audio?

Man, I LOVE(D) tossing a damage orb inside a building where a Widow was hiding and just hear the "tick tick tick tick" noise. Or see the orb chase a fleeing Genji. Ive 200+ hours on Moira, don't think I am anywhere near good enough as I should he after that much time though 🙄

New Orissa though has to move around a bit and her spear through (although seemingly underpowered for the risk/skill/reward ratio) feels great. I don’t think it has any drop off, either. Still the most horrific looking hero, too. 

As for other reworks: 

Symmetra doesn’t charge her beam with shields anymore, which is less of a problem when you remember that you’re not going to see many shields. 

I haven’t tried Bastion outside of training but again, without shields the changes (mobile turret) make sense. They ripped his new ult straight out of Paladins, which is funny. 

Haven’t tried McCree but he seems buffed playing against him. 

Moira’s new nulification orb (replacing the damage giving orb) takes away 75% of an enemies damage. It works on ults and will turn DVA nuke into a party popper lol. You’ll even survive a fully charged deadeye from McCree. 

Ashe feels more or less the same, better audio feedback when shooting. I think that’s everyone I’ve tried so far.

I played a bit more this morning, it’s probably better looking than I gave it credit for initially.

14 hours ago, df0 said:

True. Or zip out of Zara's Ult and pop yours: heal your buddies while damaging the opponent 🤤

Yeah, one of my saved POTGs is when I did that as the enemy reaper tried to ult in the middle. Saved every member of the team and killed reaper to boot. Fun times.

• 3 weeks later...

Unsurprisingly, Moira's poison orb thingy as been dealt with.

More surprisingly, they did this by removing it completely and reverting her back to what she is in OW1.

Also, @Strafe's new love could be bringing back goats.

Also, not a fan of the idea of the OW2 gameplay stats being shown to all team members. 

15 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

I hope so. I have PS4, Xbox and Switch accounts linked to the same Blizzard account, each with unique unlocks.

I think it comes down to the respective platforms (eg Sony) not wanting stuff paid for on PlayStation playable on another platform and vice versa. Like they took issue with with fortnite.

2 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I think the Fortnite thing is resolved now. Any VBucks you purchase are available on any format you have a linked account on.

Yes but that and crossplay involves Epic paying Sony a cut, no? I can’t see Blizzard coughing up.

If it doesn’t now, it did.

On 30/07/2022 at 06:30, shirubagan said:

OW2 is cross progression, right? I’m gonna hammer it on all platforms. 

Huh, so it is. I didn't realise that.  That's pretty good, so me and my sons can play together on PC, Xbox and Switch.

Tis funny because it'd be true.

I am completely out. There have been moments where I was tempted to reinstall OW thinking "it can't be as bad (for me) as I remember" before realising I've been down this road before. Several times. Great game that infuriates me.

I bought the Switch version from CDkeys for £12 years ago and I’m only really playing it now, having had played since launch on PS4 then got it bundled with my Xbox One X, then Series X at 60 and now 120 fps. 

It really is an excellent port. Sure, it can get a little framey when all twelve characters are going at it on the point, but overall it plays exactly like it’s console counterparts. 

Final OW1 event is now on. Honestly can't remember what it is or about, but all skins are unlocked for buying if you have the credits.

Also, I got my last character achievement last night - two kills with a single soldier rocket. Ironically, he first one I started trying to get way back when it was released.  Well, all achievements apart from the Doomfist ones, which can piss off.