Overwatch 2 - Now live, F2P - PC, Playstation, Xbox & Switch

tobert

• 4 weeks later...

Really liking the sound fo some fo these:

Short version - OW2 require a unqie mobile phone number for each account, (no pre paids) to cut down on smurfing and add some barrier of entry to a free game.

Machine learning to capture voice chat to check in on reported players.

New players are required to win 50 quick play matches before they can sign up to comp (YES!) to gte newbies used to the game and to cut down on smurfing.

Highlu Endorsed players will get additional perks (nice).

There will no player rank portraits pre game, which is a good thing IMO.

I might pop this on later to have a potter about the maps for old times sake before it's destroyed forever.

I put a lot of time into it on PS4 at launch and then on PC. Like tears in rain.

4 minutes ago, Benny said:

I might pop this on later to have a potter about the maps for old times sake before it's destroyed forever.

I put a lot of time into it on PS4 at launch and then on PC. Like tears in rain.

Me too one of my fave PS4 games ever with some rllmukers on here. 

I tried to log in to my PS4 account to merge my data with the cross platform servers, but - ha ha! - my PSN is expired and I can't log far enough into the game to do it. 

Some good costumes, too. It's been a while so I'm not sure how PSN works regarding accounts, but could I log in on a friend's machine who has PS+ and access the network on my profile that way?

11 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

I tried to log in to my PS4 account to merge my data with the cross platform servers, but - ha ha! - my PSN is expired and I can't log far enough into the game to do it. 

Some good costumes, too. It's been a while so I'm not sure how PSN works regarding accounts, but could I log in on a friend's machine who has PS+ and access the network on my profile that way?

Oh that's shit. So if you don't have an active PSN sub you can't merge the account?

11 minutes ago, Benny said:

Oh that's shit. So if you don't have an active PSN sub you can't merge the account?

I find myself in the same situation and that certainly appears to be the case. I'm going to be in the slightly odd position of being able to use the stuff I got from my Switch account on the PS5 but not the stuff I got from my PS4 account 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

6 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I think you can get it if you have a digital Overwatch 1.

Ah, I only have a physical copy, on PS4, that's not even installed any more

1 hour ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Anyone know - If I buy the battlepass on Xbox will I be able to use it on Switch?

Its cross-progression and all tied into the same Blizzard account, like Fortnite uses your Epic account, so I’ve banked on yes. I bought the Watchpoint pack on PS as I had £20 credit on my account. 

4 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

I had this issue. In the end I bought a 1 month PSN sub for £6.99 on the store.

• tobert changed the title to Overwatch 2 - Now live, F2P - PC, Playstation, Xbox & Switch