Overwatch 2 - Now live, F2P - PC, Playstation, Xbox & Switch

tobert

1 hour ago, Mikes said:

Stupid time difference. I'm at work right now.... wonder if I should colour in a COVID test....

You’d just be doing that at home trying to get into the game. I tried intermittently since launch and only had 1 game in about 5 hours.

On the plus side, Ybara is going down to Walmart to get another potato to boost the servers.

15 hours ago, Strafe said:

Unless I’m mistaken we haven’t seen any Switch gameplay footage yet. The beta didn’t run on the switch so this could be interesting come 8pm.

Runs about as well as the last one did. Probably looks a little nicer.

Regardless, you’ll get battered playing at 30fps. Or I did anyway.

8 hours ago, Strafe said:

I thought anyone who already owned OW1 got a founders pack which gave instant access to Kiriko but she wasn’t unlocked for me. Maybe I have to open up the founders pack somewhere.

My understanding is that Kiriko is an instant unlock from the premium battle pass, which is included in the Watchpoint Pack. I don’t think there’s any benefit to already owning OW1 beyond your unlocks carrying over. 

6 minutes ago, Radish said:

My understanding is that Kiriko is an instant unlock from the premium battle pass, which is included in the Watchpoint Pack. I don’t think there’s any benefit to already owning OW1 beyond your unlocks carrying over. 

Some icons and shit like that I think. Nothing outstanding.

Titanfall 2 is the last multiplayer game launch that I remember going off without a hitch.

I suppose Apex Legends but that was a shadow drop more or less so one imagines they didn’t have people lined up at the door ready to play it.

15 minutes ago, MatOfTheDead said:

i managed to fix it go to the shop in game and go to buy it it will take you to the xbox store just quit out of that and go back to OW2 and it will give you the content

Come team up I can't handle the nooblars lol 

Also your trick worked thank you 

Account merge seems to have worked, but Switch was the only platform to acknowledge it. Xbox seems to have merged, but all my characters are locked. Steam Deck version is crash-tactic, but seems to have opened 14 loot boxes I didn't know I had, though I can find no trace of what they actually unlocked... may have been from 1400 credits across accounts? Who knows.

I'm kinda surprised there isn't a bit of an outrage over this game. Like at this point it's clear that Overwatch 2's main purpose is to move the game of Overwatch over to a much more monetizable product, rather than actually produce a sequel. 

I mean, they made no secret of it. It's either let it die or monetize it. The whole first game was updated for free and supported for 6 years. It means going to a Fortnite model to keep it going makes sense.

In log in news: keeps kicking me back to title screen. Gave up.

I bought the battlepass, which seems reasonably priced compared to other offerings, if not as chonky as Fortnite’s. The individual stuff for sale is expensive but I prefer default skins most of the time as they’re canon so I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything bar the one they have for Kiriko.

Obviously the game is geared towards monetisation but for a new comer there’s a huge offering for free. Apex Legends character unlocks are basically all paywalled, right?

On the crossplay/battlepass stuff that people may be interested to know!

- Wanted to buy the battlepass, ended up buying 2000 in currency as I figured what the hell, I might get a nice skin or two in the shop with the change. Skin bundles are 2000! I’ll most likely save the credits for the next battlepass.

- 1000 coins is £8.39 with increases in bonus amounts the more you buy (eg 2000 gets you an extra 200 coins)

- There are other bundles with emotes/sprays/voice lines and the like for sale. Some include OW1 content. If you own those then the bundle is discounted proportionally to what you already have, using whatever value system they made up.

- Buying the battlepass unlocks it on your other accounts. Currency is tied to the one you bought it on (on PS at least), same as Fortnite. But if you buy something using the coins in addition to the battlepass that unlocks on your other accounts.

- Kiriko is currently locked for comp play.

- On Kiriko. She is supposed to be an instant unlock for OW1 owners, along with 2 legendary skins (army Doom and jester Sombra). I have those skins now but didn’t check that before buying the battlepass. They were probably already there, you don’t get a notification. I didn’t think Kiriko unlocked as part of this as there was a lock icon over her profile. That lock icon is still there so it may be that she was unlocked already for quick play as the icon now only refers to her (non) availability for comp right now.

- OW1 trophies, for me, are tied to the original OW1 PS4 client, which is now called OW2. You cannot see these trophies if you’re looking at the list the PS5 client.

- The PS5 version has a new (I think) trophy list. A trophy unlocked straight away on the PS5 version (obtain 50 unlocks for a single hero), from carrying over OW1 progress as soon as I logged in.

- For some reason, the trophy list under the PS5 version lists 4 different copies of Overwatch 2. I don’t know why this is. I‘ve unlocked 4 new trophies and they are under

different games in the list.(See attached photo)

Thank you for reading this far.

1E3EDC8D-C090-4461-99CE-907F89C5942B.png