Overwatch 2 - Now live, F2P - PC, Playstation, Xbox & Switch

tobert

I’ve played OG Overwatch on Series X a few months back, very happy to hear they’re seemingly removing the phone requirement for folks like me. My battle.net doohickey is there because Overwatch made me make one, I ain’t giving any more personal details to the thing. As soon as it’s confirmed that change has been implemented, it’s on like Donkey Kong and I can continue my career of shame as a terrible Widow/D.Va 

6 hours ago, Mikes said:

I thought we had to win so many QP games befoer jumping into comp, but I'm here now laughing my head off at Junk's new one liners.

I think it's based on if youv played before. Its making me win 7 games before I can get a league. As I play as the 'what ever is needed' it's taking ages as you need 7 wins as each character type it seems. 

Edited just now by carlospie

35 minutes ago, carlospie said:

6 hours ago, Mikes said:

I thought we had to win so many QP games befoer jumping into comp, but I'm here now laughing my head off at Junk's new one liners.

I think it's based on if youv played before. Its making me win 7 games before I can get a league. As I play as the 'what ever is needed' it's taking ages as you need 7 wins as each character type it seems. 

Edited just now by carlospie

Those are just placements matches. From what I understood you needed to win something like 20 QP games before it would even let you into a comp game at all. Maybe you're right and it's not there for people who played OW1. The idea was to get people used to the game and they presume people who play OW1 are competent.

Heheh, fools.

I think Push needs to seirously rethink its spawn points.

Also, really starting to miss having a second tank. In 6v6 if you lost a tank you'd still consider pushing in. Now it's basically waiting for your own dude to run from spawn.

HDR is turned off by default. I’m pretty clueless about HDR but I don’t think it’s a proper implementation (my tv briefly goes black when switching HDR modes, it doesn’t when I toggle HDR in the game settings) but it sure does look a lot nicer with it on, colour wise. On PS5 and Series X.

Tried a couple of times last night to get in and it was 700 and 1000 in queue respectively. Then I tried at 3am because the dog woke me up and it said 2000 in queue. I doubt I'll get a game before the weekend because life's too fucking short for waiting in queues to play a game.

I got in after a 10min wait and a queue of 100-odd on Series X this morning.

Watched the intro cutscene, got an achievement for collecting a number of skins (so presume my accounts merged ok), then it booted me back to the queue again.

Had some really fun games on PS5 this morning when I finally got in. A queue of 300 took around 15 minutes, possibly longer.

Updated the PS4 and got in immediately. Runs at a stable 60fps (to my eyes, at least), even if it's a bit crunchy-looking.

Edit: @carlospieAgreed. Lúcio has always been good, but he is amazing in this.

27 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Yeh everytime you get an achievement it boots you out. So strange.

I haven't been booted once on PC, achievements or not. Could be a time zone thing, though.

One thing I notced with the stats being all out there for everyone to see, was how support DPS plays into a win.

In most games i've had the winning team had two supports contributing a lot to the damage output. Teams with mercys struggled as her dmg was pretty much zero and noticeably her healing wasn't that much more than other healers.

The difference is Ana. She often haslitte dmg also, but I think her grenades make a big difference when used offensievly, effectively acting as damage given the healing they prevent.

I'm also struggling to deal with decent tracers and lucios. IN OW1 I'd just grab Mcree and do the old flashbangheadshot, but his grenade doesn't make that as certain as it once was. I often found myself switching to Torb to just let the turret deal with them

Also also, one hero I've yet to see on any team is Hammond. Looks like he's completely dropped from favour.

Yeh a good tracer is a real handful with only five heroes. So frustrating to play against

Like you say, ana seems really popular for the sleep and grenades. Iv been rolled a few times on competitive some teams are just insane. Or mine or just crap. Or both 

I really don't see what being 5 player brings as a benefit

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Ash said:

I can't play as my phone number isn't allowed :facepalm:

I'd heard they'd removed the requirement for phone numbers?

Which made me very angry earlier (in general, not really myself as I'm not interested in playing). Thye speed at which these companies see what they can get away with, claiming it's utterly necessary to the experience and immediately fuck it off when it is clear enough people decided it was fucking stupid. Blizzard in particular recently seem to be in to scoring these self made own goals for no reason at all.

I had a “quick” go earlier which equated to waiting for 10 mins in a queue to get to the title screen. 

Appreciate it’s early days which are always a bit hit and miss but if this is generally indicative it can fuck right off. 

Shame because I love the design of the characters etc. 

What’s happening with the “campaign” content they showed ages ago?  This is just OW1 with a new menu screen. Even the intro movie is the same. 

Yeh it's a right shit show.

Calling it overwatch two is a piss take, overwatch free money please would be better.

Also you don't visibly see your rank anymore. A high level player said they removed it due to it causing too much mental turmoil for casuals so they stop playing it!

Just gonna pop on and check what skins carried over and mess about in Training Mode...

"300 players ahead of you"

And then it timed out and said 2000

Yeah fuck that :lol:

Modern online gaming is fucking shit.

I miss the heady original days of Quake, UT and Counterstrike.

And dedicated bloody custom servers so you could get around this bollocks.

I can't help thinking but: if this was just announced as a big patch for Overwatch would it have been such a shit show? I was playing it literally days before launch and it was fine. They've branded themselves into a clusterfuck.