Overwatch 2 - Now live, F2P - PC, Playstation, Xbox & Switch

tobert

16 minutes ago, Benny said:

Could it be platform specific? Just logged in on PC instantly without any queue 

Seems to be a problem with people that have merged accounts. It's happening to people playing on PC too.

1 hour ago, Benny said:

Yay, already getting told off for having low damage when learning a new DPS

Well of course. The honeymoon period encompassing the first 15 minutes after launch has now expired - it's now super serious business and having anything less than perfect play will have your skills thoroughly called into question by the bottomfragger on your team with 573ms Ping.

1 hour ago, Sel Feena said:

They’ve completely ruined Mei, huh? Next to useless app ithout her primary freeze, and certainly less damn fun. They should have made her a tank so she could keep CC

I thought that when I read about the changes but I mained her in OW1 and I'm having more fun as her in OW2. To make up for removing primary freeze they've almost doubled the primary damage and increased ammo by 30. She can be pretty lethal when you get the jump on people. I had a few games yesterday where we were losing and I was able to turn things around massively after switching to her.

I'm loving this. I'm bouncing between Arcade TDM and Unranked and even the bad games where no-one watches for dickheads are still fun. I like being endorsed, it makes the happy liquid release in my brain, even if it is just people using them up.

Also in TDM Zenyatta seems viable and it means I get to use the best skin in the game.

07-10-2022_13-04-09-tf41cmuz.thumb.png.283d9207bcb5453ab13584934e4955e4.png

58 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I'm loving this. I'm bouncing between Arcade TDM and Unranked and even the bad games where no-one watches for dickheads are still fun. I like being endorsed, it makes the happy liquid release in my brain, even if it is just people using them up.

Also in TDM Zenyatta seems viable and it means I get to use the best skin in the game.

07-10-2022_13-04-09-tf41cmuz.thumb.png.283d9207bcb5453ab13584934e4955e4.png

That's of course the skin I always use.

I think Zenyatta is definitely a top tier hero, it just depends a lot on if your team allow you to keep up and if you get a conscientious tank.

As for endorsements, I seem to get them the most when playing Rein, who I love but I'm never sure if I'm playing properly!

My picks are usually:

Rein or DVA

Junkrat or Soldier 76

Zenyatta or Brigitte

Sojourn looks like she could be a replacement for Soldier 76 though. Despite the lack of healing she just seems loads better. Though the railgun ability rotation seemed tricky to maximise.

47 minutes ago, Benny said:

That's of course the skin I always use.

I think Zenyatta is definitely a top tier hero, it just depends a lot on if your team allow you to keep up and if you get a conscientious tank.

As for endorsements, I seem to get them the most when playing Rein, who I love but I'm never sure if I'm playing properly!

My picks are usually:

Rein or DVA

Junkrat or Soldier 76

Zenyatta or Brigitte

Sojourn looks like she could be a replacement for Soldier 76 though. Despite the lack of healing she just seems loads better. Though the railgun ability rotation seemed tricky to maximise.

Sojourn has turned up in like 90 percent of games I've played. She seems a bit strong.

If I was to pick an overall most technically effective character in the game (even though I don't play them), it would be Ana. And I think it's always been Ana. Just the most versatile, useful and balanced kit of the lot.

2 hours ago, Strafe said:

I think Sojourn is pretty balanced, she’s just there a lot because she’s new. I can see Bastion and Orissa getting a nerf, though.

I think reapers self heal needs a nerf more than anything tbh. Basti was always BS but reaper can out heal himself more than most heroes can kill him 1 on 1. He's almost at tank level of survivability.

Yeh I watch a streamer who is the number one ana in the game and they are unreal.

I'm still not sure on zen, I don't see how you quantify being him with Lucio, Moira and mercy are much better for the team. Well I guess asides from him being fun and the best character design.

On that note I really recommend watching YouTube for heroes you like you learn all sorts of little tricks. 

On a side note, I haven't been able to get on for two days 

1 hour ago, ThePinkNinja said:

I think reapers self heal needs a nerf more than anything tbh. Basti was always BS but reaper can out heal himself more than most heroes can kill him 1 on 1. He's almost at tank level of survivability.

I haven’t played him in OW2 yet - has he been buffed?

I can't believe the original was released in 2016 - wtf

I had the original but experienced issues getting online with it (PS4) and after a few weeks of play I sold it to get some money back whilst it was still worth something.

Didn't know about 2's release so was presently surprised by it's appearance on the PS5 store - and it was free, so why not!

Couldn't remember how to play so did the tutorial. There is always one part of any tutorial where I hit a brick wall - this one starts off really well and clear - and then just after the shooting range the narrator told me to enter the middle of the room where it's highlighted. Nope, nothing - took me a while then I turned around - oh you mean in the room behind me - right

Menus where initially a bit confusing - the while you wait thing - I was thinking it was that I selected Deathmatch and then after playing for about 30 seconds it would jump me into another game. 

I think my opinion of the game would be the same from back in 2016 - in that is I'm too old for this type of game. As ridiculous as this sounds it is just my opinion, but I was playing matches and barely scoring any kills or denting the health of the enemy attackers, yet they could wipe me out with about 3 hits. One of the enemy players had a mech robot thing that takes about 50 fucking hits to down (playing as Agent whatshisname)

Tried the ranked play but it said it was locked and the requirements were obscured - no idea why. Then exited all the menus and went into one called Challenges and it said (I think) I had to WIN 50 unranked matches to unlock - yeah that isn't going to happen.

It'll stay on my PS5's harddrive for now but I doubt I'll go back to it

3 hours ago, ThePinkNinja said:

I honestly don't understand why he isn't being used every single round. He is so strong whenever I see him played.

I think he’s a bit boring to play and plenty of characters can hard counter him. The main issue is that players (mostly new I expect) don’t keep track of him when he teleports and butchers the back lines.