Overwatch 2 - Now live, F2P - PC, Playstation, Xbox & Switch

tobert

15 hours ago, Len said:

I haven't really played TF2 since it became f2p. I was originally a Team Fortress Classic addict tbh and the original Quake mod before that but loved TF2 as well. Do you remember when they originally showed some proper military style shots and everyone got excited? Then they took it back for god knows how many years and revamped a classic.

Anyway, think I'm going to have to give this a go. The only question being PC or PS4.

I'm not trying to incite rage, but if you've played shooters on the PC don't get this on console. I was thoroughly  disappointed when playing on my bone, but on PC it was incredible. Also you have that lovely screen :wub:

Also Blizzard are great, the game installed without me even knowing, so I just had to add my cheap key from the internet :)

31 minutes ago, snowbind said:

I'm not trying to incite rage, but if you've played shooters on the PC don't get this on console. I was thoroughly  disappointed when playing on my bone, but on PC it was incredible. Also you have that lovely screen :wub:

Also Blizzard are great, the game installed without me even knowing, so I just had to add my cheap key from the internet :)

Decision made and was swaying that way, hope they have a 21:9 mode! :) 

Are you gonna be on pc, in fact who else is, do we have a tag list at all? One other question, is there any point to getting the origins edition as  just looks like extra skins to me for another $20?

Now if my wife could just give birth I could get home to install this (I'm not kidding). ;)

Edit: Cheapest keys, cdkeys I assume?

snowbind #2922

Personally I think £20 for extra skins is insane, I mean you don't even see them and I'm really not one for digital tat. However I got the digital tat version for £32 from G2A as they had no none digital tat versions left. 

38 minutes ago, Len said:

Decision made and was swaying that way, hope they have a 21:9 mode! :) 

Are you gonna be on pc, in fact who else is, do we have a tag list at all? One other question, is there any point to getting the origins edition as  just looks like extra skins to me for another $20?

Now if my wife could just give birth I could get home to install this (I'm not kidding). ;)

Edit: Cheapest keys, cdkeys I assume?

Unfortunately they do not have 21:9 support - your monitor will basically run it as it was normal 1440p 16:9. In game you tend to forget the huge borders are there but it is kinda annoying. FYI CD Keys have raised their price so if you're on the UK and can wait a day, Amazon sell it for the same price but you get some physical tat like a special coin which I have a feeling you will be able to sell off for a little bit due to crazed fans 

The reasoning from Blizzard is some of the in game models wouldn't scale out at 21:9 (like D:Va etc)

37 minutes ago, snowbind said:

snowbind #2922

Personally I think £20 for extra skins is insane, I mean you don't even see them and I'm really not one for digital tat. However I got the digital tat version for £32 from G2A as they had no none digital tat versions left. 

I think the none digital tat version is only sold by Blizzard directly on Battle,net - all external copies or keys elsewhere will be the origins edition. If you buy the normal version direct from Blizzard - it is £29.99 - which is the cheapest version available atm and the Origins skin/other blizzard goodies stuff wills et up back about another £7 from cd keys/amazon etc

Thanks for the info Uzi/Snowbind. Shame about the ratio but like you say probably won't notice. I'm 8n the US but no problem, all sorted now. :)

Battlenet tag is: Len#12728  if anyone fancies adding, be great to play with some of the rllmuk posse.

I'm trying to sort out my Battlenet account at the moment, as not logged into it for years. Authenticator is currently blocking me from logging in, so waiting on customer support. Not really needed for consoles, but its worth sorting out in the long term I think.

Depending on how long its been since you logged into Battlenet Goaty, you may have the same issues as me.

15 minutes ago, PK said:

What are the chances of this actually being playable tonight?  Does Blizzard's infrastructure throw a wobbly when new games or wow expansions are released?

The Beta had 9.7 million participants and didn't appear to have any issues. I could see the concurrent load on the stroke of midnight maybe being a problem, though.

25 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Whoo CDkeys just mailed me my Origins Edition code and the Widowmaker pre-order skin! Wasn't expecting that extra bonus. :D

Anyone who's not yet added to the OP, NOW'S YER CHANCE!

You don't seem to have updated the OP for PS4/Xbox players, only PC.

10 minutes ago, Aimless said:

The Beta had 9.7 million participants and didn't appear to have any issues. I could see the concurrent load on the stroke of midnight maybe being a problem, though.

Error 37 baaybee!